Posts by RoyPettit

Terrific! Can't wait to see them!

Have you ever made models for FSX/P3D? Apparently the "worlkoad" for the developer is much less than AFS2. There are such great models for FSX/P3D that some kind of FSX/P3D to ASF2 converter would be great. I would be willing to take that on (using converter), but just digging into the AFS2 wiki tutorial scared me off. And I have 30+ years of computer programming!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help get these models ported over to AFS2. I am somewhat computer literate so if there's some thing that can be "delegated", and doesn't require a lot of learning, I'd sure like to support your effort. I'd even be willing to pay for your completed AFS2 versions (ala DCS models). While the models in AFS2 are well done, the ones in your AFS1 livery would be wonderful additions, and add immensely to the desirability of AFS2.

Check out the user-built Dornier 27 STOL. Put some big oversized Alaskan tires on this one and it will do nicely as a back country plane in lieu of the Carbon Cub. Fun plane. Short run, climbs like an elevator. Nice handling qualities.

What am I doing wrong? I unzipped the file into F:\Program Files (x86)\aerofly RC 7\aircraft\do27 (with AFS2 closed). When I start up AFS2 I don't see the Do27 in the Aircraft selection.

Please post videos in our new gallery: https://www.aerofly.com/community/gall…0-aerofly-fs-2/

Roger. Thanks.

Can you move this there, or should I repost?

Thanks for the fun video Roy. You need to assign prop speed keys or buttons in the control menu to get proper engine noise variation. The only change you had there would be from the low throttle automatic constant speed prop control hitting the maximum fine pitch stops where any further reduction in throttle/manifold pressure would result in a fall of engine rpm...

Thanks for the detailed feedback (I love the technicals). I figured there was a logical explanation because the AFS2 models are always so accurate. I'll fiddle with the prop settings as you suggest. Also thanks for the landing speeds. I'm determined to be able to land this beast! :)

Yes, it's their business and they should run it as they see fit. Balancing financial and human resources is surely a major challenge. But one would think an action plan for signing up 3rd party developers would be a win-win for both IPACS and users. But such a plan would need to include more than creating a tool kit and waiting for people to knock on your door. Just sayin'...

p.s. What does temerity mean?

No, we can't force developers to make products for Aerofly, all we can do is encourage.

What actions are you taking, or action plan do you have, for encouraging 3rd party developers, other than making tools available? Are you offering any kind of incentives and/or an outreach program of some kind to contact developers and solicit submissions? Perhaps a contest or awards program? Do you have a video training program for developers about using your tools? Promoting 3rd party products on your website? Financial rewards?

Pettit Rule #39: "Participation is Proportional to Promotion"

In reading post about new aircraft and sceneries, and knowing the last release of either of these from IPACS was a long time ago, the thought occurred to me that what really made FSX expand and become the "go to" flight sim was not Microsoft, but 3rd party add-ons. ORBX has added a lot to the enjoyment and usefulness of AFS2. Perhaps if IPACS could work with 3rd party aircraft and scenery developers to help them provide add-ons for AFS2, then the growth and future of the product, along with the user base, would expand dramatically. Just a thought.

if you want to be on the plane, you have to fly real planes and not RC planes. Piloting an Rc plane is done on sight

It's not a matter of FPV (I never use it in RC sims as I am not a FPV drone pilot). Being able to look around and follow your plane like at the field is extremely useful in practicing with a sim. But even more important is the the depth perception you get from using a binocular image projector. This is huge compared to flying 2D on a monitor.

Please read at least the last few postings in this thread: RF8 VR not exploiting hardware

I'm not trying to get a competition going between RealFlight and IPACS. As a happy Aerofly FS2 user I am begging you to port you VR coding over to Aerofly RC so that the RC world can have a decent VR RC simulator. I've used both Aerofly RC and RealFlight for years. I've always preferred Aerofly RC, but purchased RealFlight 8 because it has "VR". As you will see from reading the post, the RF8 solution is entirely unsatisfactory. I'm sure that IPACS will do a better job of implementing VR in an RC simulator, and perhaps reading the linked to thread will provide incentive.

Thanks! :)

Is there any chance the VR code in FS2 could be ported over to RC7 so that we can fly RC7 in VR? The VR-hands would not be needed there.

Thanks for considering.

p.s RealFlight 8 supports VR. It's essentially the same as RF 7.5, which I have. But to upgrade to RF 8 is $100. There is no upgrade path. I'm not willing to pop yet another $100 on RF just to get VR. I have FS2 which works great in VR, hence the thought of VR in FS2's sibling -- RC7.