Posts by Nik Barbour

Yeah, I can land on the roof of the skyscrapers in the same clip, but that's a little harder.
    Tried landing inside Candlestick park too, but I haven't quite managed that one yet. :)

Re recording, did that video on my Note 4 using this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…enrecorder.free

It's a free to use, recording app, which if you have Lollipop, works root free. Should work for an S5.

I'll give the terminal roof a try, thanks for the tip.
    We could start a STOL club. :)

Landing on 'The Rock'.
    [video=youtube_share;NJJsWyZrsa0]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Just remembered another wishlist item...
    10 - pilot blackout with high G force. - other sims have dimmed the screen as you approach black out G forces which would be great for when using the Pitts or the Extra etc... You have to constantly watch the Acceleration instrument and try to keep it under 8/9 G if you want to be realistic with Aerofly.

Re OBS tuning, this will be awesome.
    Remember the AP buttons you had us test once on Android, the once where you cycled your finger round on the screen to adjust. That would be perfect for OBS.

RE Coming changes, can't wait, sounds great.
    Shame that Android will have to wait for the new scenery, but it gives us something to look forwards to. :)

Re 3 - no, I'm using Android build. In that now the only way to get ground steering via device tilt is with Rudder set to Auto. If in Manual or Assisted you ground steer via the rudder slider which is too sensitive, and has a tendency to stick when making simultaneous throttle and brake inputs too.

I'm fairly happy as is, but if we're making wish lists mine would be...

1 - Better Navigation screen, ability to set way points, or even VOR with tuneable OBS.
    2 - Parking Brake.
    3 - option to steer via device tilt with Manual rudder still selected.
    4 - an additional camera option, same view as cockpit, but without the cockpit, mainly for performance reasons.
    Trailing cam - no model, is similar but too far back and messes with my landings.
    5 - gusting winds.
    6 - random, or live linked weather.
    7 - option to link time to real time for device location.
    8 - pilot head lean slider - for cockpit view. This could be a slider top centre of screen, which would allow the pilots view to be tilted towards the sides of the canopy allowing a better view down the nose on planes like the Corsair.
    9 - Failures / Rain / Cloud - all the usual.

That's features - I'd always like a new plane occasionally but tend to favour the props or the fighters personally.
    You see constant posts asking, please add "insert airliner available in god knows how many other sims here", but I'd personally love to see some planes that really pushed limits at the time and which might not be as common, like the Messerschmitt Me 262, or Dornier Do335 or similar.
    New regions - yeah if possible, but app/data size could become ridiculous, and if Aerofly1 scenery was incorporated into the 2 app, I'd be happy as is.

There is a general problem with taxi steering sensitivity when steering is attempted via the rudder slider whilst in 'assisted' or 'Manual' rudder settings. It's too sensitive, and the smaller /lighter the plane, the worse the effect.

I can only personally get around the issue by setting rudder to 'auto' whilst on the ground. This gives steering control to device tilt instead of via the slider.
    I have relatively good control in auto via tilting, once in the air, you can quickly switch to Manual rudder again and resume your flight. This is a workaround I know but hopefully this will get fixed at some point.
    I'd personally like an additional option added whereby you can have manual rudder, but also tilt steering at the same time.

The Pitts being light and powerful, suffers especially here with this issue (as does the extra too).
    There is no issue with the flight model though, you just need to develop your skills for takeoff.

My own tips...
    Use Auto rudder for taxi steering.
    Never use more than 40%throttle for takeoff in the pitts.
    Be pro active with rudder steering not reactive.
    In tail draggers, it's recommended to always apply back pressure on the stick until in the air.
    There is a great Taildragger tutorial here...
    Taildragger tutorial - http://advancedtailwheeltraining.com/tailwheel_basics

Video of my take off in the Pitts, Aerofly1, current Android build.
    https://youtu.be/PQGpl4KbV9g