Posts by dertien

Last year at the end of summer, I was longing for clear skies and beautiful cumuli with a range of gliders to fly without having to worry about TMA's and CTR's which in real life limit glider pilots as to where they may and may not fly.

For those who are not familiar with the lingo here is a short description:

http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/208…tr-cta-tma.html

Instead of having to drive 30 miles, waiting for my turn to fly for a couple of hours before finally taking the bird up for an hour and a half max, dodging the Brussels' TMA and then driving back another 30 miles home (with or without traffic jams), Aerofly FS 1 accomplishes this brilliantly and gives me the relaxing fix I sometimes need from the comfort of my home for a one time fee.

The IPACS devs don't give me the impression that I am re-buying something that I have paid for already.On the contrary, I am glad that they have reworked the Swiss Alps in their new product. They don't strike me as liars neither since their replies are always elaborate and to the point as to what work was done on an existing product like the Swiss Alps addon in this case. On top of that, the support you get when asking questions on their forums whether it is for a mod you're developing, or a question you might have is swiftly met with a helpful response that leaves a lot of other game devs bite the dust.

Now, to make a price comparison clear:

10 Euros = 400 (old) Belgian Francs
    When I used to fly gliders (yes it's been a while), an air-tow costed about a Frank per meter. Thus to be towed to 400 meters AGL (which in a glider is not a comfortable altitude to start looking for thermals on a bad day) you would pay 10 Euros... every single tow !
    If you did not find any thermals, you would be back on the grass about a quarter of an hour later since you needed to start the downwind leg at about 350 meters AGL for a safe landing.

Do I need to say more ?

On another note, I fail to understand why aircraft who were modeled in house before (like the Discus and the DR400) were not included in the new product, especially the Discus since the avionics are very basic indeed, and the flight model should be replicated quite easily. However I am pretty sure that Jet-Pack at some point will have the relevant planes on his website for download.