Posts by madpat

Not sure I understand what you mean, Overloaded. Is that a setting within AF?

BTW: When limit frame rate set to off, AF was running ok in Florida under Vulkan, between 25 and almost 50 fps. The only annoying thing is when looking around, the screen frames start to mismatch. Interestingly, this doesn't happen with OpenGL, even with VSync disabled.

Patrick

For some reason, today I was able to select Vsync on with Vulkan. No idea whether I was too blind or tired or whatnot yesterday. On the other hand, it did not work, crashed immediately.

CTD after 5 min in Florida...

Then repeatedly immediately. After a bit of flying with OpenGL, I tried again, this time setting frame limit to off. It then worked fine for the 15 minutes or so that I flew. It definitely feels better with my notebook than with OpenGL.

I am currently trying to find the best setting for my notebook and haven't decided yet between OpenGL and Vulkan. The latter seems to generate a bit more frame rates (which I need since it is not a gaming notebook), but the image appears better with VSync in OpenGL.

Why is Vsync not available with Vulkan?

Patrick

I have read your threads, and first had to find out what CTD means ;).

So far I had no CTDs, except when changing settings from OpenGL to Vulkan and back in the menu. But I did not yet have intense flights as I am still finding the optimal settings for me.

Keep you posted.

I just bought a new notebook, not having gaming in mind, maybe just a little. It's an Asus Zenbook 14 with AMD Ryzen 3700 U and integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 chip (not a real dedicated one, comparable to the Intel integrated chips, but a bit better suited for light gaming), 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. After initial setup, I installed AeroFly FS2 from Steam.

Performance is ok, about 50fps in Full-HD, medium settings, Vsync on. It feels a bit better with Vulkan abd fps are a bit higher, but I miss Vsync. Looking around makes the image fall apart.

But in general, I am pleased how well this works, considering it's not a gaming notebook at all and not even having a dedicated/separate GPU with it's own memory.

Patrick

For a new cockpit, on my device (iPad Pro 10.5) the textures of the EC135 are a bit too blurry for my taste. I can hardly read the texts, especially, but not limited to the overhead panel. I can live with that in "older" models of Aerofly, but I would have expected the EC135 to excel here. Is this the final stage of it?

Since controller button mapping unfortunately did not make it into the fabulous new update, can someone from or close to iPacs give me a hint if that's even on the mobile agenda? I admit it may only be interesting for a part of the mobile community, but for a simulator this is just a must-have.

Thanks,

Patrick

iPad Pro, 10.5 inch, ipadOS14

Spawned at Denver airport parking with A320, ready for taxi, no issues here.

Fantastic update, and all that for free! With the EC135, even I can fly helicopter now - and land (partly)! :S

Hope that the missinh HD scenery is coming soon. Maybe together with controller button mapping :whistling:. Is that even on the agenda?

I also would like to see the Helgoland scenery as an inapp purchase. With the heli, this would make perfect sense now!

But hey, let's praise ipacs for a while for this update before coming up with new wishes.

Great work, guys, girls and office pets! :thumbup:

BTW: As with the previous updates, this one wasn't announced by my system (iOS). Instead, I had to go to the game page in the app store, where button that normally says 'open' now said 'update'.

Are you saying it's not just the iOS14 patch in the pipeline, but the next gen with the EC135 and upgraded navigation to be released?