Posts by Mark_V

We need to spread the word of IPACS, (AeroFLy FS 2) to build on. Maybe then future investments like the big player devs realize "yes its worth now"

Agreed, I am already doing that and also in facebook there are groups like FS Enthusasts that are promoting Aerofly FS2. Btw those Enthusiasts guys are excellent people !

Now, it is up also to IPACS to deliver, even if they are a few, they could hire dozens of souls, if they will perform like we want :p

Well, of course your suggestions are correct but I preferred to focus more on the " big picture " rather than minor details, even if fundamental like f.i. the mixture.

Of course a VFR pilot needs to fiddle with the mixture and of course an liner pilot need to fiddle with the FMC but I would prefer IPCAS to focus on bigger aspects like ATC, wx etcc first, even because I think there will be always time and room for adding a mixture, while, if the simulation misses at all an ATC, that can not be achieved so quickly and easily later on.

Told that, I agree that what you have suggested have to be part of the next update, at least the basics stuff like the mixture et similia.

Just to let you know I only fly PMDG planes in P3D, therefore I know what you mean in terms of instruments and procedures fidelity, without them we are talking about arcade stuff, I agree.

Told that, 3rd parties can hopefully inject later, just like default planes of FSX vs third parties ones.

Cheers

We will publish more details from our planned Roadmap soon. Communication is a difficult thing for us. We are a small team and we simply cannot monitor all the various platforms where people talk about our simulators, it would bind our resources too much. You already see that here: Some people write on Steam some here on our IPACS forum. Keeping them in Sync is time consuming. Watching even more forums, e.g. AvSim is just not an option for us. Its better to be inactive there so people know they should rather post here or on Steam.

Anyway, we will publish more details soon. Expect to see a small update this week that addresses a few issues reported by users. After that it is our intention to offer an initial version of our SDK. We also plan to add a free DLC to add higher resolution aerial images. When this is done we have to check all the other requested features, like ATC and so on.

This is a prefect example of great communication, thanks, much appreciated, keep up the good work and the good communication !! :)

Helpful points there Mark_V. You try inputting the ILS frequencies with the mouse wheel over the radios? I have my num pad setup for autopilot inputs and the 2X3 key block for course/obs. Not including even a rudimentary guide seems bizare, I found tips off the web after using it for days half-blind!

Well, I think we have to wait for the full release, I guess IPACS is still filling the list of the existent " bugs " mixing it with a to do list about new stuff.

Being pragmatic I would say the gap to fill to succeed, is not an easy one, but only IPACS determination can make the difference, even because we, as community, are definitely well determined :)

I completey agree to your statements. This a a huge chance for IPACS, even more, as AeroflyFS2 is getting quite good press now. In addition, I feel your list makes much sense. I would add:

7) Add some kind of OSM and/or Autogen3D buildings

8) Add moving structures (AI planes, cars...)

I don't expect AeroflyFS2 to become king anytime soon, however would wish it a respected place and following besides the well-known titles.

Kind regards, Michael

Agree 100%, excellent additions, thanks for that. You have also highlighted a very important point, even if it seems a minor one that's a fundamental one instead.

IPACS has to hit the iron until is hot, otherwise it will be definitely too late.

I am now curious to know IPACS opinion too.

Guys, feel free to let your opinions flow, we have to try to help IPACS now to check how they will react.

I think that the timeframe to decide if it will be a blockbuster or not is quite short, before November I would dare to say.

Hi All,

it's clear even to stones that Aerofly FS2 has a huge potential but in the last 20 years of flight simming we have already seen too many times products with a high potential sinking without a trace.

The question this time, will FS2 be the king for the next 6-8 years or will it sink without a trace ? It depend solely on IPACs decisions, I think everybody here agrees.

To make a long story short, this is, IMO, what is needed to decide the future of this product :

1) add SID and STARS which belong to Navigraph data with of course a working FMC on airliners

2) add a robust and flexible wx engine with powerful graphic clouds, rain, snow effects. Also on glass shield.

3) Release a powerful SDK

4) Extend the gorgeous graphic at least to 3-4 EU countries ( not only Switzerland !! ) an also to 3-4 USA sates within the base package, the other ones may come via payware addons.

5) Add a decent ATC that knows in real time where planes are and where they need to go, altitude included of course.

6) ILS must work

If IPACS will be able to do that they can sell the game even to 70-80 bucks and it will become a Blockbuster for the next upcoming years for sure.

If IPACS won't do all of these features, well, it will remain a mobile arcade app only

IPACS, owners, devs, forumers, further comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thx