Posts by FederFlyer

• lenidcamper's Aerofly FS 2 Flight Path Recorder app records flights as KML files that can be displayed in Google Earth.
    • It works great in FS 4. Just start the app > record a flight > see the flight in Google Earth.
    • Most of these instructions are one-time steps that are only done when you first implement the app.
    • These instructions are specific to the Windows operating system.

Required applications

1. Aerofly FS 2 Flight Path Recorder (Unzip the file into a folder of your choice. No installation is required.)
    2. Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
    3. Google Earth (Although it is named Google Earth Pro, it is a free application)

Identify the required IP address

1. In the search field in the Windows taskbar: Enter " command " > press Enter > click on the Command Prompt app
    2. Enter this exact string: ipconfig | findstr /i "ipv4" and press Enter
    3. Write down the IP address and change the last 3 digits to 255 (example: 10.0.0.101 should be noted as 10.0.0.255)
    4. Close the command window.

Configure Aerofly

1. Settings > Miscellaneous
    2. Broadcast flight info to IP address = On
    3. Broadcast IP address = your edited IPv4 address
      • This is your IP address with " 255 " as the last 3 digits
      • Aerofly requires 3-digit entries. Example: 10.0.0.255 should be entered as 010.000.000.255
    4. Broadcast IP port = 49002

Record a flight

1. In the folder where you saved the downloaded app, double-click on flightPathRecorder.jar
    2. Click on the "Start Recording" and "Stop Recording" button, as needed.
    3. Each time you start/stop, a new KML file will be saved.
    • The first time the app is run, it will create a folder: C:\Users\username\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\Flight Path Records.
    • This is where the KML recordings will be saved.
    • If you use Microsoft OneDrive, this may not be the same "Documents" folder as "My Documents". If "Aerofly FS 2" is not in your primary documents folder, then navigate specifically to C:\Users\username\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\Flight Path Records
    • Flight Path Recorder is an external app. It can be started before Aerofly starts. It can be started and stopped while Aerofly is running. And it can be stopped after Aerofly is closed.

Pin the Flight Path Recorder app to the Windows taskbar (optional)

1. In the folder where you saved the downloaded app, rename flightPathRecorder.jar to flightPathRecorder.exe
    2. Answer "Yes " to the warning that pops up.
    3. Right-click on flightPathRecorder.exe > Pin to taskbar > a new icon appears on the taskbar
    4. Rename flightPathRecorder.exe back to flightPathRecorder.jar
    5. Answer "yes" to the warning that pops up.
    6. Right-click your new taskbar icon > right-click on the app name > Properties
    7. In the Shortcut tab > Target field: change "...\Flight Path Recorder\flightPathRecorder.exe" > "...\Flight Path Recorder\flightPathRecorder.jar"
    8. Click on the "OK" button.

I am a casual daytime VFR flyer; just basic stick-and-rudder. I am trying to implement a preset TMD file that turns off the exterior lights.

In the Baron 58 "b58.tmd" file I can manually change the light switch values to zero and the aircraft loads with the exterior lights off.

I created a "b58_lightsoff.tmd" file, but it does not work. Either the file is structured incorrectly or it is not loading.

I appreciate any guidance.

Here is the file structure: