Posts by virtual glider

Maybe the guys grom Ipacs should hire the silent wing/condor soaring guys to implement all kinds of soaring features. Silent wing and condor soaring have nice festures for soaring, but lack greatly in the graphics department. If Ipacs does it right the complete soaring community, which is waiting for a next gen soaring simulation, will probably endorse AF2.

Off course the following things are needed then:

Realistic thermal lift, ridge lift (and wave lift)
    Realistic thermal placement in accordance with the type, slope and orientation of the terrain.
    Cumulus clouds on top of thermals with apperances in line with the thermal life cycle that is triggering them.
    Realistic turbulance (lee side of mountains, on the edges of thermals, near treelines, rotors, etc)
    Different kind of variables to set the convection layer (see another post in the forum by jcomm) in the weather menu.
    Ways to set up tasks (different kinds too)
    Multiplayer (with competionelements)
    Pda usage in the cockpit

I wonder if Ipacs has the people onboard who are enthousiastic about gliders and soaring. Otherwise my hire the guys who do idea is maybe not a bad one. Perhaps as a 3th party dlc?

When I center a nice thermal the usualy only last a few minutes and then die out completely. Nowhere to be found again. Its not that I get thrown out the thermal, it just seems to disappear? Is this an error? Or Am I just unlucky and I fall through a thermal bubble? Anyone else have similar experiences?

Maybe a simple and advanced tab for weather control would be good. Simple version as it is (more or less). Advanced version: dew point, inversion layer, humidity, etc. This way you would not choose coverage with Cumulus/cumulonimbus directly, but would create the chance of cumulus forming during the day, where ground temp (super adiabatic layer) obviously is related to time of day, time of year and the heat capacity of the ground you are flying over. If the wind direction is also taken into account (westerly winds create higher humidity near the ocean in California), that would be amazing :-O

And while your at it, winch launching would be great as well!

What would be brilliant is when you can direct the tug in the navigation tab to a point on the map at a certain altitude. So you can get a tug to a ridge which is at the right orientation for a certain wind direction.

When flying at low speeds I can't give enough rudder to coordinate a turn when giving full ailerons. At high speeds it's the other way around. Full rudder is to much for full ailerons to keep everything coordinated.

I feel this does not resemble real life. Or is this actually accurate for the ASG 29? Can't really get that, but maybe I am missing a point?!

I know that you need a bigger input of your flight controls at low speeds, but It seems to my this only is done for the rudder and not for the ailerons on the ASG 29.

When the vsync is on in-game it gives stutters, especially with a lot of cumulus clouds. Without vsync I have 120+ fps with off course some tearing of the screen. Even with cumulus clouds at highest I don't get any stutter. So my pc has no problems with the game. It is the vsync.

The solution that I have found is to use a framerate capper (I use rivatunerstatisticsserver) in combination with vsyns. I played around with this for a while and found out that when I use vsync and set the cap for fps on 60 I get smooth game play without any stutter even on ultra with all the clouds in the sky possible.

The sound of the airflow round the cockpit is quite soft compaired to the vario in the asg 29. This makes judging speed based on airflow sounds difficult. And also makes for a less emerging experience in my opinion. I supose that options for adjusting sound volumes and adjusting vario volumes will come in future updates, but I just wanted to let you (Ipacs) know my observations.

In the ASG29 there is no penalty for flying above max speed. You can even manouver without any trouble. Also I do not see any difference between the manouverability at low speeds or high speeds. I can perform all kinds of tricks with the glider above the limits for max manouverability without stressing the airframe. Last but not least, I did not find any difference in imput of the controls at low or high speeds. I haven't tried this extensively but It looks like I have to give just as much stick and rudder at low speeds as at high speeds. This should of course be different, e.g. Much less rudder and stick is needed at high speeds.

I found out that my gpu was not able to keep up with the ultra settings of the game. So I replaced my AMD radeon r9 270 for a geforce gtx 970. I have to test it for longer periods of time, but on ultra in a densely forested area it was more then fine! I hope for many enjoyable hours simming with my new gpu!

Dear Ipacs/fellow simmers,

Just the other day I bought a new 27" monitor with 1440p settings. Trouble is that Aerofly FS2 keeps starting the game up in windowed mode. When I put the settings back on 2550x1440, it either fails to do this correct and I only get to see a part of the screen enlarged (which my computer automatically readjusts, which is fine except for the fact that the buttons are not readjusted so none of the clickable parts of the intro screen are where the should be) or all goes well and I am able to fly the simulator. Even so, next time I start Aerofly FS 2 it again starts in windowed mode and I have to readjust everything again.

How can I fix this or is it a known bug?

I played around with my settings in game and I found that the game runs really smooth, frame rate a continues 60 (with seems to be the vsync option) on ultra textures and landscape. Settings for shading, building and trees are medium. No cumulus clouds in the sky. The game runs smooth as a babies buttocks.

Adding more trees to the scenery really makes the game start to stutter when these trees come into view.

Adding more the a few cumulus clouds really impact the fps also. Medium cumulus cloud density settings drop my frame rate to 40 something and make the game start to stutter quite badly.

I have a I5-3450 with 8 GB of gddr5
    Game installed on a sdd
    GPU Radeon R9 270 with 3GB of memory

Is it because the trees and clouds are not implemented the right way or is it because my system cant handle it?

My gpu and cpu dont seems to work very hard (40% - 50% of max capacity)