Posts by Zeeflyboy

Seeing the rift support led me to buy this sim, I have to say it's fantastic how accessible it is. Very easy to just jump in and get going.

I am also seeing some scale issues, all the cockpits are a bit on the big side, the 737 looks especially cavernous compared to reality. Unfortunately if I mess with the scale slider I end up with some very odd head tracking where it feels like I'm on a pivot... Hard to describe but quite uncomfortable and odd, so I'm sticking with the scale at default and accepting that I've morphed into a small child instead!

On the plus side it makes the instruments easier to read!

I'm not sure if there is much by way of optimising to be done, but even my fairly hefty rig (core i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz, 16gb ddr4 ram, 2x EVGA 980Ti hydrocoppers @1500mhz certainly struggles at higher settings. The ATW is working well but the scenery gets Juddery at times. If there is any way you guys can implement nvidia's VR SLI that would be awesome (where one card does each eye).

It would also be very cool to get leap motion support, it's a very cheap peripheral and I really like the look of fly inside's interactive cockpit using this tech. Certainly worth a play!

Overall I have to say I'm very impressed what is ultimately a beta experience. This is the sort of thing I will easily be able to pop a friend into and have them flying around very quickly.

I was slightly disappointed that Geneva (LSGG or "Genf" as you have called it) is a flat airport. Having flown out of there for the better part of 5 years I was looking forward to a more detailed depiction of the airport and Geneva itself for nostalgia - the Jet d'eau Is begging for a fly past! Just as an aside, the Swiss Germans call it Genf, but as it resides in the Swiss French region it should really be called Genève or Geneva.