Posts by waltch

Please refer to my post about "detailed airports".

Yes, only the detailed airports have parking places where you can start "cold and dark". I noticed also that these airports also show AI-aircraft on the ground, all the others (non detailed airports) do show AI-aircraft about to land, but they do not show up on the ground.

And yes, there are many detailed airports in Europe and the USA, but also a few in other places (Dubai OMDB and Tokyo RJAA, RJTT), others I did not find so far.

That's why I was looking for a list of all these detailed airports.

Walter

Thanks Michael

Yes I found this list also and it has 6763 entries on my system (Windows PC).

However, these are the complete airports that you find in world map (flight planning) in Aerofly FS 4 all over the world, but the big majority of these are not detailed airports, for which I am actually looking for.

As I noted above, I find only detailed airports in Europe and the USA and up to now a handfull in other parts of the world (OMDB, RJAA and maybe some more). Also in Europe there are airports that are not detailed (like LGAV Athens), but in otherwise in Western, Central and Northern Europe there are quite a lot.

Actually I was looking for a list of these detailed airports. IPACS must have somewhere this information.

Walter

Hi

I use the Steam version of Aerofly FS 4 and applied recently the world update.

This is very nice and I have now many detailed airports, mainly in USA and all over Europa (before there were only certain regions in the USA and some countries in Europa like Switzerland or The Netherlands). Besides USA and Europa I found also some detailed airports in other regions (like Dubai OMDB or the Tokio airports Haneda and Narita).

I realized how I can identify the detailed airports on the world map for flight planning: The detailed airports have parking positions for starting cold and dark, the non-detailed ones have not. I also noticed that the detailed airports show AI-Traffic, the others do not, even if AI-aircraft seem to be landing, but they do not show up on taxiways or parkings.

Now my question: Is there somewhere a list of all detailed airports in the whole Aerofly FS 4 world?

Thanks, Walter

Small addition to confirm the problem with the pedals.

I disabled the CH Pro Pedals in the input devices and assigned the rudder axis to the Thrustmaster Airbus Stick (rotation of joystick) and the brakes to buttons.

With this setup I can at least fly again with Aerofly FS 4 and also move and steer on ground till I get new hardware.

Thanks FrankLFRS and Jan for your very valuable input about the input devices.

After trying Frank's hint to move/push all levers and buttons before starting (in main menu) I suddenly managed to move on ground, however, I could not repeat this solution every time I started. But I was sure now that it must be a hardware problem that comes from the input devices.

I went further into the matter and suddenly noticed that something with the CH Pro Pedals did not work anymore as it used to. The right brake movement does not give any input anymore in the calibration menu, and this also in other simulators (I play now mainly Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 or sometimes Prepar3D v4). However, the issue with the right brake on the pedals must be very new as I did not notice any problems during flightsim sessions before).

I guess my very old CH Pro Pedals have finally given up, they served me well for more than 25 years, but I think I have to buy new rudder pedals.

I will report after installing new hardware.

Thanks, Walter

Thanks for your input. Here the additional information:

Yes, the landing gear is down and as I said the parking break is off.

My input devices are the Thrustmaster Airbus Stick and Throttle unit and also the CH Products Pedals.

These work perfectly with Aerofly FS 4 (and other Sims) and I can see that all the input is working correctly (including parking brake).

As I mentioned I can fly without problem when I start in the air (like from an approach) and the devices mentioned work fine.

When I am sitting on the runway for take off (or at the parking) all aircraft bow down a little bit when I increase throttle but they just seem to be glued to the surface and refuse to move (is for all aircraft the same).

@JetPack

Yes, when I land the aircraft it seems to decelerate quite quickly even if I do not brake, but they roll out a certain distance. And also when adding throttle power after landing, there is absolutly no effect. Yes, there is no difference whether parking brakes are set or not.

I also desabled the new networking function (main menu) again that came with the update, but that does not change anything.

From the screenshot you can also see that there is nothing abnormal (like sinking in) on the ground.

All my aircraft just seem to be glued to the ground as soon as I am not in the air, but when in the air everything works perfectly.

Hi

I have a very strange problem since updating Aerofly FS 4 (Steam version) with the networking function.

All the aircraft at any location (parking, runway) do not move anymore on the ground even with full power. So I cannot taxi or take off anymore (yes, the parking brake is off).

If I choose a approach location or anywhere in the air, the airplanes move and behave absolutely correctly. Then I can also land on the ground but as soon as the aircraft stops, it will stay there and I cannot move it anymore (even with full power).

What could be wrong here? Any ideas?

Thanks

Walter