Posts by Tailwheel

Actually I think this whole thread is likely irrelevant now anyway.

I went back into the sim to try and establish exactly where the anomaly was (I'd paused it at the location) and the towering oversized tree has gone! So, I'm going to assume it was some sort of visual or calculation error when rendering the cultivation :/

The first thing to look at is, check whether IZ0JUB's TOC files are in binary or text format:

Try opening 1 with notepad, if you get a listing of kabbalistic signs, then the file was compiled in binary format and you cannot edit it

If it's in text format you can easily edit it, you "just" need to find the rogue tree...

That is in fact a good idea :) I had (wrongly) assumed that they would be compiled in binary format, however you are correct that they are text format. However, opening the file took a while and it's pretty much too slow and unwieldy to sift through as it is 1.2GB in size and scrolling through it was impossible. That aside, finding the *exact* tree would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack I think anyway. It wouldn't really bother me, except that the tree is so tall that I mistook it for a radio mast while flying around in VFR :D

This is exactly what I’ve started using, but it’ll take me ages to cover the area IZ0JUB has already completed, so I’d rather use his ,TOC/.TSC files and make specific changes. But I don’t think I can edit his files to remove this rogue tree, that’s why I need an exclude/removal technique if possible.

I have downloaded and am using one of IZ0JUB's wonderful cultivation files for my southwest UK photo scenery. However I have found an anomaly (a giant vertical tree) and would like to know if it is possible to exclude/hide/remove the object from the original file or create an additional file that would do the same?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply and explanation Antoine. I also have been painting up to the coastline using the airbrush tool in Photoshop and have no problems with blending the existing photo scenery with the default. However, it is possible that I have not generated enough tiles further out around the coast (i.e. far enough out to sea) that I cannot still see my transitions when flying VFR around the coast. Do you generate additional tiles around your islands that are basically just full of sea to aid in 'losing' the blend into the default IPACS sea colour?

Thanks again,

Steve

Hi, I hope someone can help me...

I have created some photo scenery of some of the southwest of the UK for Aerofly using Aeroscenery. The photo scenery itself looks fine, but I am having trouble blending the coastline into the generic IPACS 'sea'. I have tried the mask method, but the transparency of the mask appears to only support black/white and not grayscale, so the results were terrible. I have also tried painting a single colour (e.g. RGB 10,20,30 and other values I've seen suggested) but again have had poor results. The problem seems to lie in that the 'sea' surrounding the coastline appears to be a very low res image and not one single colour that allows for a seamless blend when manually painted.

Has anyone here had successful results with trying to blend the UK's coastline seamlessly into the surrounding areas of sea? If so, would you be kind enough to share your method?

Thanks!

without damage modelling simulation is a joke, no question.

I have a question... why?

In the real world, the whole idea is not to crash in your aircraft, or to damage it. If you do damage it (e.g. hit another aircraft while taxiing, land heavily on a strut) then the aircraft is not airworthy and can't be flown. So, why spend time modelling damage for a sim where avoiding any sort of damage is the very purpose of it?? I'd rather the time be spent on correct flight characteristic modelling, and proper instrument and weather simulation.

Well I just removed the cockpit glass reflections from the C-172 by manually renaming the texture file 'glass_reflection_color.ttx' to 'glass_reflection_color.OLD'. There are no doubt similar files for the other aircraft and each aircraft has other '_reflection' texture files that I'm sure you can play with renaming to get rid of other reflections (panels, gauges etc.).

Just backup or list which files you rename in case you need to put things back as they were. Also, further updates to Aerofly may overwrite/replace your manual changes unless you make a copy of the aircraft folder and place it in your '(hard drive):\Users\(your name)\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft' folder.

In your Steam Library, right click on the game and select 'Properties', then select the 'Local Files' tab and choose the option 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...'

This is a lot quicker than re-downloading the whole thing again. Googling the .dll file that's giving you the issue, it would seem that you're not the only one experiencing this issue and it's not specifically related to Aerofly FS 2 either...

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=atiadlxx.dll

Try the suggestions in some of those results, like this one:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/…e5-f44449dd8322

Perhaps it has something to do with Aerofly using my crappy HD video card instead of the Nvidia. If so can you force Windows to use the Nvidia card somehow?

Usually if a PC has two graphics cards installed (i.e. an on-board, motherbased one and a separate better performance one), the on-board one is usually disabled via the BIOS in order to force the motherboard to use the separate one.

To clarify, I was referring to the original issue that started this thread, of the clouds twitching/stuttering. This appears to have been fixed. With regard to clouds suddenly changing position, I did not notice this happening again on the test flights I did since the latest update. However, what I did notice was an occasional small change in lighting, almost too small to notice and almost like shifting shadows. At first I thought it was the clouds jumping position again, but they remained in place the next time I saw it occur.