I also notice that there is some stuttering introduced when cumulus clouds are enabled, especially when banking. With culumus clouds set to miniumum (i.e. off) the sim is completely smooth. Some optimisation with regards to cloud depiction may be required in future updates I suppose.
EDIT: I've updated this thread with a new revision of my alternative/replacement sun flare texture that now includes FIVE variants!
Realistic Sunflare Texture Pack for Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator
v1.0 by Tailwheel, 5 September 2016
Like many Aerofly FS 2 users, I don't really like the default lens flare effect in the simulator and have disabled it using the method outlined in this thread: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/show…hp/7348-Sun-camera-effect
Using the above method leaves the user with a single 'flare' texture from the sun ('sb_flare00_color.ttx'). I have put together a package of 5 FREEWARE texture replacements for this default file providing a few variations of the effect (refer to the images below and located in each folder inside the zip file).
1. Unzip the file you downloaded ('sunflares.zip'). Inside you will find this readme.txt file, and 5 folders ('Realistic 01', 'Realistic 02', etc.) In each folder is a .jpg image showing the specific flare effect in Aerofly FS 2 and a replacement texture file 'sb_flare00_color.ttx'.
2. IMPORTANT! - BACKUP the original 'sb_flare00_color.ttx' from your '...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\texture' folder and keep it somewhere safe.
3. Choose the flare effect you prefer and copy the 'sb_flare00_color.ttx' from that folder and paste it into your '...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\texture' folder, overwriting the original file (which you should have just backed up!).
4. Voila! A new sun flare effect in Aerofly FS 2.
1. If you want to go back to the original effect, just copy the original 'sb_flare00_color.ttx' from your backup into your '...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight
Simulator\texture' folder, overwriting the newer file.
I hope you get some pleasure out of using these textures and it enhances your flight simming experience. Comments, thoughts and suggestions always welcome!