Posts by roccio

I found this on the real flight manual:

The instrument shows, with a miniature airplane, the amount of correction given by the trim.

The longitudinal trim, with flaps on UP position is limited at the first reference line of the instrument in NOSE UP and DOWN.

With flaps extended (T/O and DOWN) the correction is possible within the second reference in the NOSE UP direction.

TRIM INDICATORS:

You have an instrument with a needle (the aircraft image) and a gauge with some references. In relation of the movement of the trim the plane image will be "nose up" or "nose down" reflecting the trim position.

There are also two indicators for neutral position or the yaw and roll trim

that illuminate o green light when the corresponding trim is in neutral position. This indication is only displayed if the plane is on ground.

Love the 104 'spillone' (big needle) as we used to call here in italy.
    From what the 339 flight manual says you just wait the vr at 85 knots, pull the nose up 7 degrees and wait the lift off.

You are welcome! This plane is may all time fav, so I hope to have a perfect rendition in this wonderfull simulator. I await event the SDK to reproduce instruments on a second monitor/PC for maximum reality. And in the end I hope we can enjoy even a full clickable cockpit for a full experience with a cold & dark plane.

In training configuration (aircraft clean, crew of two, full internal fuel = 4400 kg) the rotation speed is 85 kias.

1. ROTATION & LIFT OFF

* Perform rotation by gently apply aft stick to raise the nose at 7° above the horizon.
    * The aircraft will fly off the ground at approx. 100 kias.
    * Hold the wings level and 7° avove the horizon.
    * at AGL altitude (30 ft and 120 kias) apply brakes and retract gear.
    *retract flaps (min 120 max 150 kias)

2. ATTAINMENT of "ACCELERATION CHECKPOINT"

* maintain 100% RPM in slight climb (1000 to 1500 FPM on VVI)
    * maintain flaps T/O; AOA 0.65; 120 kias

This is how to perform a basic take off. I think it will be better to put all the procedures in a doc file as reference.

For the rotation I think there is a little bug in the AeroFly FM so that at that speed you don't have the autority to pull up the nose. Only devs can solve this.

This is for stall speeds

For climb best speed is 275 kias or 0.55 mach.

Engine management is a bit more complicated, I will try to extrapolate more infos as soon as I can. But one thing to note (and this can be considered a bug) is that the throttle position indicats thrust setting and not RPM. So at half way of the throttle movement you should have half thust and the RPM should be circa 86%.

Here some performance info:

Performance:
    • Structural limits:
    Max speed: 500 kts
    Load factors: +8 -4 g

• Performance in clean configuration:
    Take off distance: 1805 foots
    Climb rate: 6900 ft/min
    Max altitude: 46000 ft
    Max speed in level flight: 496 kt
    Constant load factor: 5.9 g
    Max turn rate (at 15000 ft): 12° /sec
    Landing speed: 102 kt
    Landing distance: 1575 ft
    VNE: 500 kt/ 0.82 M
    VLE (max landing gear extraction): 175 kt

• Stall speed:
    Clean configuration (200kg of fuel): 96 kt
    Full fuel load (1400 kg): 107 kt

• Take off speed: 103 kt
    • Landing speed: 100 kt
    • VY (best rate of climb):
    Sea level: 280 kt
    10000 ft: 265 kt
    20000 ft: 0.55M (255 kt)
    30000 ft: 0.55M (210 kt)
    40000 ft: 0.55M (160 kt)

• Max flaps speed:
    T/O: 175 kt
    Full down: 160 kt

• Speedbrake: no speed limits

Try adjusting the sensitivity and dead zone sliders up in the filter menu. It should work great with no shaking. might have to experiment a bit.

Thank you, I have already tested those values (set sensitivity to min and deadzones to max), but the shaking is always there.
    Maybe something with the EdTracker.
    :(

Yes, the speed looks spot on. I think we should start a new thread as these are MB339 are infos and not bugs. Maybe in the near future we can create a sort of manual for this aircraft.

The ones I provided above are the maximum speed allowed for some configuration.
    So the landing gear may be operated at speed below 175 knots, if above it will suffer some damage.
    And flaps at first step can be opened at speed below 175, 150 max for T/O.
    The general effect of opening the flaps is a bit of nose up, but it should be invalidated by the consequent speed reduction.
    The speedbrake can be opened at any speed, the effect is again a little nose up tendency.

For endurance you should look at the AOA indexer. There are some marks on the gauge. The one at 0.23 indicate the maximum range, the one at 0.33 is maximum autonomy hourly, the 0.45 is used for landing with flaps and gear down, the last at 0.85 is the stall warning with flaps down.

Hope it help
    Now, studing for give more info.

Here some infos:

Clean config cruise -> 500 kias or 0.82 mach
    With landing gear down or in motion -> 175 kias
    Flaps in T/O configuration -> 175 kias
    Flaps in DOWN -> 150 kias
    Speedbrake -> no limit
    Max ground speed (tyre limits) -> 139 knots
    max taxi speed -> 60 knots

rudder become effective at 45 kias

this is the first part, I need more time for other info. Tell me what you need, I will try to find all.

Hi Roccio.
    Could I ask you a big favour?, if you are using a MB 339 flight manual could you please post some typical operating speeds, for example the flap speeds, best rate of climb speed, best climb gradient speed and the flap and gear limit speeds?
    I have found nothing on-line and some mid weight V speeds would be extremely useful, a simple plain list would be great. All we have now are the green, white and red zones on the Aerofly information bar speed tape.

Yes I can do it. I have many operative manuals of the 339 (flight manual, training manual, navigation manual and the frecce tricolori appendix). I can extrapolate all the info you need, just need a bit of time.