Posts by Spit40

Phil,

I posed this question in another thread but will repeat it to you since you're working on some cultivation yourself. Are you seeing a reduction in draw distance of your cultivated buildings, or does it appear to still be the same?

I could swear I'm seeing a reduction in the draw distance, but I'm probably wrong. It could just be a change in the brightness of the objects at a distance making it appear they are not being drawn as far out as they were.

Thanks...

Can't say i' afraid. I've been more focussed on the near distance. It wouldn't surprise me if they have done that given the massive cultivations people are making. Orbx's chicago should be a good test.

Another possibility is that it is now dependant upon the TSC file size parameter. I didn't think that it was affecting draw distance previously, but maybe now.

I'm returning to cultivation of my scenery after a break and hitting a problem. The first minute or so of flight is OK, then I get an hour glass freeze that lasts for about 5 seconds then FS2 comes back to life but many of my cultivation buildings (mainly large industrial I think) are flickering like crazy. I had thought this was due to an overlap with some buildings occupying the same area as others but I've ruled that out now.

Update: Solved (I think) - Cultivation overlap with another airport using the same large area TOC file

Phil,

Does the scenProc event log show any features that get the extra attribute and being unloaded?

I would start debugging there.

None.

19:36 AddAttributeIfInside Information Adding attribute skip with value yes to features FEATCODE>=15014 and FEATCODE<=15028 that are inside FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (FROMFILE="cark_exclude.kml")

19:36 AddAttributeIfInside Information Added attribute to 0 features

Even though

19:36 ImportOGR Information Reading file D:\aerofly_fs_2_sdk_tools_oct17\Cultivation\OS Download\opmplc_essh_ny\cark_exclude.kml

19:36 ImportOGR Information Read 1 features from file

I can only assume that the polygon does not overlap any features which doesn't make sense. I'll load in the TOC generated and double check the cultivation is what I think it is.

Thanks Michael and Dave.

arnog - Do you have any debugging tips for doing this exclusion?

KML Exclusion Files and OS Data

larrylynx , Ian C , anyone - I'm looking at excluding ares from cultivation of OS Data for the first time and tried the following lines. No luck. Have you had success? Extract below..

The scenproc log said that the skip attribute was added to 0 features.

I don't think all of our users would want the default planes to be as deeply simulated as PMDG aircraft or other study level aircraft out there, they'd be overwhelmed by the complexity and would never be able to start the aircraft. When I put the aircraft onto the runway it should always be fully functional, fueled up sufficiently and I don't want to repair the propeller first, change the oil because I haven't flown over a year or clean my wings before I can take off. These are nice features for add on aircraft but don't really belong in a default aircraft. And its true, I do have great plans for our aircraft for the future but we also will make sure it is not such a steep learning curve by providing assistance and shortcuts for beginners so that everyone can have fun even with growing complexity.

I'd agree with that. I have the Hawk in DCS (so I can fly like the Red Arrows :)), but I still haven't managed to start the engines yet! I also agree that for add-on aircraft I would like much more realistic modelling that does challenge me technically.

I mentioned this a few times already. We have no control over the Oculus Touch standby. Oculus said a few weeks ago that they would add a parameter to disable that function. You will just have to wait for that.

They added it due to many users complaining that their Touch controller batteries drained too fast.

Thanks Jeff. I haven't kept pace with all the conversation as I only became interested in the hands after your latest update. Are you saying you can bring Touch out of standby as you wish, but Oculus controls when it goes back to standby after X minutes of inactivity? That is still pretty good. It might still be good to have voice activated "hands on!" (or even a button on the yoke) to show where a controller might be after its sat on a desk/shelf for a few minutes and gone invisible.

Sorry if this has also been discussed too Jeff - I don't know how you keep up with all these different threads.

With the hands now disappearing and reappearing only when you use them is there a possibility for a mixed usage mode here? You can fly with yoke/stick and throttle quad, and then reach for the touch controller, have it appear and use it for other things and then have it fade away again. Maybe you could even combine with voice control and just say "hands on" and have the hands appear so you can find them wherever you left them, and "hands off" to make them disappear when you've put them down?

We then just need a bit of alignment of physical/virtual so as not to bash into a yoke when adjusting the radio/VOR say.

I wish you were based in the U.K. you could ‘minus 20 percent’ of total cost on the customs form and that should do it I reckon. When I mentioned Stall I meant all over vibration, and for turbulence it would be random movements in the legs pushing up and down slightly. How about simulating gear up and down, flaps extended etc. My gametrix cushiondoes all that via vibration in the right area and at the right time. This plus gametrix Cush would be awesome.

If you can get to the Lake District, Andrew's setup is based on this design although I think he's managed to refine it in a few areas.

Phil,

The new windmills or wind turbines tmb files can be rotated using the Orientation parameter, also static aircraft and static ships positions can be rotated using the Orientation parameter. The starting position is seldom 0 or 360 though and seems to vary from one object to another, especially the static airplanes. A negative number sometime works best when trying to fix a specific orientation.

Regards,

Ray

thanks Ray- there are around 1000's of them off the coast where i live. Where do i find these tmb's?

Can I get some confirmation please if any object in a TSC file can be rotated with a parameter such as below? If I try to do this with an XREF object where I have stored a rotation in AC3D's URL field then the TSC parameter doesn't do anything.

<[float64][orientation][150]>

Evening all is there any scenery developers out there working on the uk or parts of the uk that would not mind sharing there work. I really miss flying in the UK, and its the main reason why I still fly in P3d.

thanks Martin

People are sharing airports (such as Liverpool) but photoscenery is the issue. I'd suggest having a go at geoconverting some UK scenery yourself. See the developer geoconvert section.