Posts by Spit40

I have no real world flying experience. The only simulator I have used is AFS2 and since 2016 I've notched up a few hundred hours. Not much compared to many but I did wonder if it would make a difference in the real world. Last Friday I had an hour's "trial flight" in a Piper Warrior, a Christmas present from my wife. I didn't make a big deal of my simming but the instructor asked about my hobbies so I said "tennis and messing around with simulators". He put me left seat and gave me the job of following the taxiway line out to the runway. We paused for some control tower chat then he told me I'd be doing the take off. We thought he was joking - me and my wife sat nervously in the back. He wasn't.

I was surprised how much extra pull was needed on the yoke but otherwise it behaved as I expected. Also I didn't realise you don't use the rudder once you have some speed up. Once airborne I then basically flew the thing for the next hour under his direction. I managed to hold bearings and altitudes pretty well with a few reminders. I was amazed how much he let me do. I was even more amazed when he told me I would be landing it. No complicated joining of a circuit, we just approached on an angle right of base as the tower instructed and I took it straight in. He said the landing was a "little firm" (which it was!) and he would have landed it like a butterfly with sore feet.

I may have had my feet on terra firma for the rest of the day but my head was on cloud 9. It completely exceeded my expectations and I haven't fully come down to earth yet.

If you're in the same situation as me I'd recommend some real world experience.

I still think you could grow this from something basic. Allow text first, then bmp and we can convert the pdf to bmp externally ... then pdf when you can. Personally i want some scribbled notes before a full chart. make that notepad that justflight added into a standard thing and give us a way to write some custom text on it please.

Wow, this is in a league of its own! The buildings just make it. I spotted a couple of floating buildings though and the occasional flicker effect - I don't think it was buildings popping into view, a shift of tone maybe in the near view when flying at around 1,000ft

Only a minor distraction though from a magnifique scenery. I think I need to gen up on the landmarks of Paris and organise a sight seeing tour for myself

We'll need either:

1) IPACS to extend the xref object library with gliders, or

2) A volunteer to create glider models and convert them into an xref library extension file that users would need to download along with the FSCP airport

If one of these is done by someone its easy for me to add the option to place the gliders

Hi Andy,

Basically, that's a good idea. I would like to have an output for my DIY Motion Platform, which is currently running with Jans BFF and Thanos Interface and the simulators that support it. In my opinion, the data flow is much too slow to control a platform, 50 data packets per second are expected. So you probably have no way to solve the sad problem.

Is that with the latest SDK? I'm planning to test the new x-simulator FS2 plugin in this weekend as I was hoping the new SDK had improved things.

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/thre…-14#post-192029

i haven’t seen him on the forums for months. Give it a week total then if no response drop me a line and i’ll make you a contributor.

The scenery is on final approach, speed brakes are armed, gear is down, fasten your seat belts and watch this little trailer :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

looking good guys! The backing track though ?? It sounds like a serial killer might emerge from the back seat of that Cessna any second.

My vision for VR flying is that device manufacturers develop a new system so that you can reach out in VR and put your hands on authentic feeling flight controls perfectly aligned with what you see in the headset. I think there is no substitute for tactile feedback either via a physical device or haptic simulation by people like ultrahaptics or VR gloves with haptic feedback neither of which are yet available for consumers. As a side venture I am actually working on a solution myself as i have no time for the current generation of VR controllers.

I love Voice Attack in VR, but just when I think it will reliably do what I want it to it starts going unresponsive. Two things keep happening.

1) Sometimes it just doesn't hear me. I find if I click the spanner icon and say OK then its back (I do launch in admin mode)

2) VA hears me and interprets what I say but doesn't send the keypress to FS2. I think its to do with where the VA window is in relation to the FS2 window.

Any help much appreciated!

It would be great to stick one of these inside a dummy ipad which could physically sit on a seat next to you, then in VR you can see it exactly where it is, reach out and pick it up and get approach plates SkyVector, Google Maps, whatever, interacting with physical touch like a real ipad. IPACS are always looking for the ultimate gold plated solution to things, so this is it for the kneeboard. They say the HDK is accessible to the average hobbyist developer.

https://www.roadtovr.com/tundra-labs-st…l448k6d-gp-hdk/