Posts by ken pender

Your last flight location is saved in user documents/Aerofly FS 2/main.mcf. This file can be edited with a unicode capable text editor. Open it and remove the block "flight_settting" starting in line 12, ending with a ">" in line 20 for me. Save the file and start the Aerofly, that should theoretically place you back in San Francisco, San Carlos airport.
    You could also delete the entire main.mcf file but that would reset all simulator settings (should keep the control assignments I think)

Many thanks for your quick reply Jet-Pack. I don't know how I ended up in the South Atlantic - must have fallen asleep on the flight and that has become my new default starting location. I did discover, more by luck than judgement, that the UP arrow key on the keyboard arrests the downward scrolling of the map, making it possible to return to civilization but yours is a much more elegant solution which is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ken

Hi IPACS and all FS2 users,

I Installed FS2 (V 2.0.1 EA3.38) on Monday and was really blown away by the aircraft, instruments and graphics. In my retirement I fly P3D and XPlane but FS2 has features which outperform both of them. Congratulations to IPACS.

Now to my problem: After installation, all menu items performed as they should and I started to explore the US Southwest and to try out the different aircraft. I used the Location and Navigation screens to position the aircraft as per the user guide, going to airports in California and Switzerland but yesterday when I went to the Location Screen the background map just scrolled down of its own accord, finally stopping with the aircraft icon positioned at 59 degrees South. I could zoom in or out and could set the altitude but I could only drag the map east or west, not north or south or rotate the aircraft heading so I could only start a flight 5000 miles south of the nearest airport! I thought I must have corrupted files so I went to Steam/Properties and reloaded the game cache but to no effect. I also searched through the forum entries but found no leads.

I am running FS2 under Windows 10, 64 bit on a high-end i7 sytem with a GTX 960 4Mb graphics card. I was originally and successfully using Window mode across 3 screens but have also tried a single screen at 1920x1080 with the same result. I attach a copy of the tm.log file in case it helps.

Before I resort to another 18 hour re-download I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Best regards,

Ken