Posts by drhotwing1 (IPACS)

Dear Aerofly users,

after a longer break, we have finally published a new DLC. This DLC features the state of Utah with its fantastic region of the Monument Valley. As usual, this DLC features high resolution aerial images for a very detailed scenery. This DLC also offers over new 20 airports, including the Salt Lake City International airport.
    Important note: As we have updated many files, this update is a VERY big download, basically updating half of all files in Aerofly FS 2, including existing files of the base package and other DLCs. So beware and be prepared for some longer download times. We apologize for this in advance, but it was a necessary step to simplify the work flow for future updates.
    We hope you enjoy this new DLC.

In parallel we are still working on more features and new content, so stay tuned for more updates.
    2017-04-03
    * New DLC featuring the state of Utah
    * Improved graphics performance and memory usage
    * Minor bug fixes in the Navigation menu

Technically it could be safer to take off with flaps full for the extra little bit of lift. Since there are no obstacles ahead you should be good even if the initial climb angle is super-bad. I'd set the flaps from 2 to full when reaching the end of the deck, but it looks like you only need the second setting :D

Safer would be to NOT try to land a Lear Jet on an aircraft carrier :) Crazy, just crazy man...

Hi, friends of the forum,

For very serious family reasons, I will be some time (I do not know how much), disconnected from the forum. When these problems are solved or the situation improves, I will return.

In the current circumstances, I can neither read the post nor analyze or respond to your postings. When I come back and can, I will try to solve this rudder problem.

To Jan, Jeff, Cav, Antoine, jk1895, ... and all the others, for all the aids lent, thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Kind regards: Delfin

Delfin,
    I'm sure that I can speak for everyone on here, we wish you well and all the best to you and your family. We will be here when you return.

Some users began to ask about the new PiMax headsets over on the Steam Aerofly FS 2 forum, so I thought to bring it on over here as well.

The community is interested in learning about the new PiMax VR headsets. Have any of you tried these new headsets? If so, have you tried them with Aerofly FS 2? Please share all of your experiences (especially running FS 2), inquiring minds want to know :)

Are you trying to "walk around" with bound keys in VR by any chance? Because in VR I believe the look and move bindings become disabled as in VR you look around by actual head movement. For example; I have look functions bound to my right thumb stick on my controller which works just fine when in 2D mode, but when in VR the right thumb becomes disabled. I believe move functions to act the same way in VR.

Hi Jeff,

he has bound buttons to the rudder but the Aerofly apparently still adds "auto rudder" when no axis is assigned. When I don't plug in my joystick and use the mobile overlay instead I also get this auto rudder which is just forwarding ailerons to the rudder.... But that is just useless it over-corrects in flight, only at low speeds would you need that much rudder. Or on the ground...

I've mis-understood what Delfin meant by "jump". Jump to me is a physical step response but he just meant a smooth coupling of aileron and rudder which isn't jumping just a linear correlation, that's why I answered to "jumping" physical behavior, that only happens during replay or due to visual issues like limited frame rate.

Regards,
    Jan

Hi Jan,
    yes, I became confused by that as well and took a different path altogether. Oh well.

No this isn't what he means... the rudder moves exactly in a 1/1 ratio with aileron. So at maximum aileron deflection you also have maximum rudder deflection in the same direction. This is in NO WAY a correct behaviour for an auto-rudder system and makes it practically impossible to fly correctly.

NOTE: THIS ONLY HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ASSIGNED TO RUDDER IN THE OPTIONS. If you have anything like a pair of rudder pedals or a twist grip axis on a joystick assigned then this rudder movement disappears. Please try it for yourself, delete the axis assignment for the rudder and then try moving the aileron once you're back in the sim.. The two should be linked.

Cav

OK, I'll test it out. It might be something that just hasn't been addressed yet in development. I'm curious though as to why wouldn't one just bind the rudder control to a key or button? It's a primary control function.

Are you physically seeing this happen (example; when you move the ailerons you see the rudder moving)? I've been following this thread and i'm a bit confused here. I have noticed that some adjustments need to be made to the rudder control but all in all it's not too bad. Let's say, in the Cessna for example; when you apply rudder to "step on the bubble" and achieve full balance the wing shouldn't dip like it does currently. The rudder should apply yaw (which turns the nose on horizon), not aileron (which dips a wing). You can test this by flying in a strong cross-wind while lining up with the runway, you apply rudder to point the nose into the wind and equal opposite aileron to crab into the wind. Crabbing into the wind turns the nose into the wind while flying level. Currently it dips the wing which it shouldn't. Is this what you mean?

Here are the minimum PC requirements to play Aerofly FS 2.

Processor: Intel Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: OpenGL 3.0 compatible 3D graphic card with at least 1 GB of RAM
    Storage: 35 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard

The more GPU power that you have the better though. Also, if you plan on downloading DLC's plan for at least 120GB free on your hard drive.

For those of you expecting this DLC to be released sooner, i can tell you that there were some minor issues in the build that are being worked on, so it's taking a little bit longer than expected. IPACS will NOT release anything unless it meets a certain standard, which I hope that you can appreciate. The tower put this into a holding pattern right before landing. Expect it to arrive shortly, but not until it's bug free.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks DR, I wasn't in anyway complaining. I was just asking if I had missed something. Happy to wait for functionality.

By the way, it is spot on with its realism in VR. I sat this afternoon looking at the VOR in the Cessna. Sad I know, but it really is like you can touch it. Same with the AH.

You guys are moving things on in ways i only dreamed.

By the way, I only heard about this a few days ago, get some PR on your case. Awesome product. I just bought NY, my wife is cancelling my credit card :P

Glad that you are enjoying it. Be sure to join the community conversations on here; ask questions, make suggestions, even make your own aircraft livery and share it with the community. There are some really good guys on here that will help you with any problems or questions you have. And remember, it's only going to get better :)