Posts by drhotwing1 (IPACS)

Extensive internal testing is done prior to anything being released to the public, this I assure you. If an update ready to be released to the public has many new complex features, it gets released to beta first prior to the standard channel. The beta is where the public tests the build further to find any bugs or issues, then that build gets moved to the standard channel once it's clean. This is in fact a three step process.

More regions will be released as development continues as there is a team specifically dedicated to making regions/airports pretty much separate from the core development team; so those DPC's don't slow down progress.

Jeff

•Improved interior textures for C90GTx and Learjet 45

•Improved Learjet 45 displays and functionality

•Added Learjet 45 system pages

•Added an option to broadcast current flight position over LAN or Internet so it can be received by compatible apps like ForeFlight, iFlightPlaner and Sky Demon

•Improved HUD can be activated in any view and displays more values and 5 degree ticks for horizon and pitch

•Fixed Saitek panels show blanks for values that are not available in the current aircraft and therefore cannot be changed

•Added new functionality to the SDK. You may now create your own liveries for the C172, B747, C90GTx, LJ45 and the Pitts. More airplanes will be added in the future.

The automatic tuning for the 737 was added so that everyone could fly ILS approaches with the 737 - everyone on desktop and on mobile, which is a large portion of all users. And its not like you couldn't fly an ILS with the auto-tuning. You just had to use the one in from the navigation page. So to us it seemed very logical to take manual tuning away since it wasn't fully functional. You could only tune VORs as far as I remember, not the ILS. (It's not like we haven't put any thought into it)
    We now added support for a second NAV on the copilot side and joined the ILS and NAV1 so that you can override the NAV1 frequency and set up your ILS or VOR approach. So please be patient for that update :)

Nice work Jan !

Ok so. My IPad and Pc are on the same network. Ipconfig lists my IPv4 address as 192.168.2.xxx and I replace the last values with .255 giving 192.168.002.255 andbroadcast is turned on. My firewall has Aerofly FS 2 open to all ports but I still get nothing in Foreflight under devices.

Do you have any suggestions?

That should do it. start FS 2 , and open up ForeFlight, go to the tab "more" on bottom right of screen, then click on Devices to check to see if FS 2 is connected. It should now broadcast live flight information and show your aircraft on the map of ForeFlight. A cool hint, you could track your aircraft over a sectional chart if you would like :)

Ok. So I am using Foreflight on my IPad. I just leave the Broadcast IP address and Broadcast Port to the numbers that were already there? What do I need my IPad and PC IP address' for?

Geoff

The ipad only must be on the same local network as the PC running FS 2

You don't need to change your PC IP address either.

The only thing you need to do is check what IP address you are using on your PC and set the IP address in the IP box (settings/misc) to that range and .255 as the last numbers.

Let's say, your PC IP address is 192.168.2.219, and your iPad is connected to the same internet you are using for your PC, you just set the IP in FS 2 to 192.168.002.255

Simply set the IP address as what the PC running FS 2 is set for , then add 255 as the last number. You can check this by going to command prompt (CMD) and type : ipconfig /all . You will see your IP address (example 192.168.2.220), so you enter 192.168.002.255 in the IP box. Make sure you turn on broadcasting. Now in the app(ForeFlight) find the "more" tab at the bottom, find devices and a FS 2 box should show if everything is set up properly.

Well, that turned out to be a disaster... The plane didn't react too well to the LVLCHG, specially when I lowered my speed to 240: it leveled the plane at that point and it just stayed up there and I couldn't get it down. So in the end I decided to cheat and changed the altitude using the Location page but well, that resulted in all AP systems being turned off... and a second attempt to lower my altitude (because I also got stuck on the first lowered alt) resulted in a severe pitch up... Long story short: I will have to redo the flight another time. ;) I didn't even make it to the ILS part.

You kamikaze pilot ;)

I think the default key for the HUD is H. Use that key to toggle the HUD on or off. You probably hit it by accident. ;) You can change the key in the options menu and you can also change the size of it. (Of course you can also use the overlay that Ray described but maybe you have it turned off. I myself always turn off any overlay or icon or info bar or whatever because for me it spoils the immersion.) I assigned a key on my joystick to the HUD because I sometimes use the navigational display the HUD shows 'on your lap' in VR (when a plane doesn't have a GPS or some similar screen).

I btw wonder who many people know the HUD doesn't only show a primary flight display but also a navigational display!

I agree. Most users know about the new feature but don't know that features' capabilities. This type of detail will be in the new Wiki (user manual).

@Delfin; I was merely just informing you of ways to "enlarge" those overlays that you mentioned were too small. Also, as J van E mentioned, that green overlay is in-fact the HUD overlay. This disappeared on you because it is toggled to a key that must have been turned off by accident. The HUD can also be bound to a controller button for ease of control over it.

During Early Access it's best if you post your suggestions on this forum or the Steam Aerofly FS 2 forum (there is a specific sub-forum on there for suggestions). As for making modifications, what are you aiming to do? I'm a moderator and work directly with the ipacs team, also Jan (Jet-Pack) works directly with the team as well. I would rather see the FS 2 community respond to what you wish to do prior to discussing it with the devs directly, anything well received goes directly to them for consideration.

Jeff