Posts by AOB

Well for me I think I feel too old at 68 to worry about VR, so age for you might be a factor too? I have tried most new things over the years (including getting one of those new fangled 8 bit Sony MSX computers back in 1984 :) ) but VR .... not for me. Maybe a Buttkicker might be more interesting for you. I find it certainly adds realism especially with one of those rattly older planes.

I never really understood internet speeds advertised vs reality. My relatively slow speeds apply to other downloads than AFS2 as well. Megascenery Earth is not fast either. Since my wife is using my PC for work I am using an old laptop that wont run AFS2. I found it will my old FSX deluxe at a steady 30 fps and have been downloading Megascenery photo scenery onto it. Usually best to let a state download overnight. I am not complaining, what I have is better than what I used to have, but I do wonder if I need to pay for the 43.5 mbps plan rather than the cheaper 21 mbps plan given my actual download performance.

Hi,

My card is an intel GMA HD and I am guessing that it is the problem. No worries, I do have AFS2 on my phone and can use the main PC after hours. Thank you for the help. Stay safe.

Hi Jan,

I have installed the whole 150.9 gb download of AFS2 plus my DLC onto the laptop without problems. It just gives me a grey screen with blue circle going round when I hit play. I tried to play a couple of times and then yesterday there was an option on Steam to Stream right next to the Play button, and when I hit that it fired up my main desktop PC and projected the AFS2 game onto my laptop. That was a bit weird, anyway:-

My System

intel (R) Core TM i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67 ghz

64 bit System with 4 gb RAM

No mention of a graphics card so I am assuming it is integrated

My TM Log

0.00-tmmodule: (8 modules) (tmsystimer,1) (tmsteam,1) (tmrandom,5) (tmsysinputdevicejoystick,10) (tmatmosphere,10) (tm_magnetic_field,11) (tm_time_zones,11) (tmsyssound,20)

0.00-tmmodule: init modules=(tmsystimer=f=10000000) (tmrandom=2789510925) (magnetic field=(257 198147)) (time zones=(1024 1048576)) (tmsyssound=(default=Generic Software) (0:Generic Software) (version=1.1) (1.1)) done

0.37-tmsyswin: Program version 2.04.09.25

0.37-tmsyswin: Copyright (C) 1998-2020 IPACS

0.37-tmsyswin: memory=(physical=3884MB, avail=1152MB) (virtual=7852MB, avail=134217727MB) (70 in use)

0.38-tmsyswin: operating system (10.0)= Microsoft Windows 10 or newer

0.38-tmsyswin: monitor size = 293 164

0.38-tmsyswin: fullscreen modes=(1024x768x32x60) (1280x768x32x60) (1360x768x32x60) (1366x768x32x60)

0.40-tmsysmisc: preferred ui language = 'en-US'

0.40-aerofly_fs: preferred language = 'en'

0.40-aerofly: config folder = 'C:/Users/Gary/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/'

0.40-module_config: loading config file 'C:/Users/Gary/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/main.mcf = not found

0.41-tmsteam: initializing steam...

0.48-tmsteam: 20 dlc installed: name='Aerofly FS 2 - High Resolution Texture Pack for Southwestern USA' name='Aerofly FS 2 - Switzerland' name='Aerofly FS 2 - Northeastern USA' name='Aerofly FS 2 - USA Utah' name='Aerofly FS 2 - Orbx - Innsbruck Airport' name='Aerofly FS 2 - Orbx - Chicago Meigs Field' name='Aerofly FS 2 - Aircraft - Q400' name='Aerofly FS 2 - USA Colorado' name='Aerofly FS 2 - Aerosoft - Germany Helgoland' name='Aerofly FS 2 - USA South Florida'

0.51-tmsyswin: checking if running in windows compatibility mode: (reported=10.0) (real=10.0 '10.0.18362')

0.51-tmsyswin: init window: (mdf=60Hz) (window=0x0x1366x768) (client=1366x768) (screen=1366x768) (32bpp) (60Hz) (fullscreen)

2.04-tmwinogl: initializing opengl...ERROR: (wgl functions wglGetExtensionsStringARB/wglChoosePixelFormatARB not supported)

2.19-tmsyswin: checking if running in windows compatibility mode: (reported=10.0) (real=10.0 '10.0.18362')

2.20-tmwinogl:

2.20-tmwinogl: gl: (version 1.1) (compatibility profile) (vendor=Microsoft Corporation) (renderer=GDI Generic) (version=1.1.0)

2.21-tmwinogl: gl: (viewport=16384.00x16384.00) (texsize=1024) (texunits=0) (ps-texunits=0) (samples=0) (shader_max_vertex=0) (shader_max_fragment=0)

2.22-tmwinogl: gl: extensions=GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture

2.23-tmwinogl: gl: extensions used=ERROR: (no vertex attrib support)

My wife is working from home and has taken over the desktop computer. I have an intel I5 powered laptop with 4gb of RAM. I have downloaded AFS2 onto it but get a grey screen with the spinning blue windows circle when I click on play.

If I select the main computer name from the drop down box next to the play icon on the laptop, it changes to Stream and the game also opens on the desktop. The control is with the desktop and my laptop then seems to function as a second screen. Not what I want, but it shows that it will run on the laptop. How do I get it to run properly please?

Following a small update the other day to Aerofly FS2, I found that I could no longer use the program. The game took forever to load and the mouse pointer was all over the place, and this made it almost impossible to use the program. I immediately and unfairly blamed Aerofly and ranted and raved about dumping the program and going back to FSXSE. After trying to use FSXE and FSW I found that that I could not play them either, so clearly this is NOT the fault of Aerofly. My apologies to the devs and anyone else who might have been offended by my earlier post. I cannot use any flight sim at the moment but I am thinking it might more to do with Steam than anything else. ;(

I think ORBX has taken a look at the New Microsoft Flightsim and pulled the plug on their True Earth development. I mean whats the point when the entire world is now generated in unprecedented reality, all in one Sim.

You have said what most of us have been thinking. I am thinking that detailled Airport or City sceneries might be what they will focus on. Interesting times ahead.