Posts by AOB

UPDATE: So as per MartinM's comment back on page 4 of this thread, as stubborn as I am, I attempted to run FS4 in 1440p in every concievable combination of graphic and quality settings "known to man" (kidding aside) lol The result : Nada, zip, no stability in choppyness, smoothness, butter free flying. So I uninstalled FS4, (because I need the drive space anyway), and its in my STEAM library for when I get a better video card. I tried. :( But at least I have FS2 and all the DLC's for it and can still fly my beloved EC-135 :thumbup:

That is pretty much what you ended up doing back on the 6th of July. I am back on DTG Flight Sim World on my laptop because neither FS4 or MSFS likes the machine much. I do however have FS4 and MSFS installed and kept up to date on my Desktop machine in the home office. What I do not have is access to that while my work continues to use the machine for work! She will retire by March I hope. :)

For those who like me did not have a clue who Karl Ransier is or was:-

RTL Samstag Nacht was a comedy television show which ran from 6 November 1993 to 23 May 1998 on German TV network RTL. It was the first major comedy show in German television, created after the example of the long-running American show Saturday Night Live and broadcast late on Saturday night. It helped comedy in German television to a breakthrough and was a model for several later comedy shows.[citation needed]

Karl Ranseier was a recurring character featured in fake news reports telling about his death at the end of each episode. The name Karl Ranseier has become a catchphrase in Germany that has led to its own joke category of Ranseiers which are in widespread usage outside of the comedy origin.

If I post a message here on my laptop it is no problem to select speed translate which is on my task bar and then past the translation into German or whatever below. Not so easy with an Android Tablet. I do not know how to do this. Anyone know please?

Code
    Wenn ich hier auf meinem Laptop eine Nachricht poste, ist es kein Problem, die Schnellübersetzung auszuwählen, die sich in meiner Taskleiste befindet, und dann die Übersetzung ins Deutsche oder was auch immer unten vorbei. Gar nicht so einfach mit einem Android Tablet. Ich weiss nicht, wie ich das machen soll. Weiß jemand bitte?

Whilst waiting for the download to finish I fired up my MSFS to check out Reunion. I am not comparing scenery but I was very surprised to take off in the middle of a huge thunderstorm with dark foreboding clouds etc. I would never have opted to take off in that in real life! Can the AFS weather engine do that sort of weather? I know it is quite common occurrence in tropical areas to get an afternoon or morning weather event.

I saw a really cheap Samsung VR headset today and it is one of those where you clip your phone into it. I have long forgotten the answer to this must have been asked before question but can you use Aerofly 2020 - 2022 on your mobile and will it be VR compatible?

I note that under my user name it says Professional. I am in no way a professional anything. I am just a casual user who bumbles through flight sims by mostly using other folks ideas and posts. Any way to get that label removed or modified?

Thank you heaps guys for working this stuff out. I have Izojub Australian scenery now up in my sim. (I could not even get the sim working before but that is a different story). I was thinking that I would have to wait till some FS4 stuff was developed but thanks to you guys not. :)

I bought a 1 TB SSD just for AFS4 as my internal drive is only 500gb. If you are buying an external drive then that is what I would suggest. But, if you have other options then go with them.

I reported the problem of not being able to run FS4 on my low end gaming laptop which has a dual video card setup (Radeon Vega 2gb and NviDia 3gb 1050). I did not really get any working resolution but today I found this in the steam forums and it DOES work! thanks to TB Crocodile. The FPS in Vulkan around Seattle in Medium graphics is only around 18-24 fps but in low I can get up to 35 fps. I can also see all the buildings so I am happy. :)

Originally posted by TB Crocodile (GER):
    I have the same Problem. ASUS TUF FX505DV with onboad Vega10 and RXT 2060. The only way to solve this is to go to your device manager and deactivate your AMD Radeon graphics card and reactivate it. This works fine for me, but you must do this every time you reboot your windows (Works also for other vulkan based games).

Hope this will help you guys :)

I am getting that message when I try to play on my laptop. My laptop is a low end gaming machine with a 2gb video card and also a 3gb nvidia video card. It played AFS2 well but I guess the new sim is a bit more resource hungry. No biggie for me because I am also downloading it to my gaming PC which my my wife uses for work. At least I can get to play after hours on that one but others with dual video cards may not be happy. This is my error log in case I am wrong.

0.00-tmmodule: (7 modules) (tmsystimer,1) (tmrandom,5) (tmsysinputdevicejoystick,10) (tmatmosphere,10) (tm_time_zones,11) (tm_magnetic_field,11) (tmsyssound,20)

0.00-tmmodule: init modules=(tmsystimer=f=10000000) (tmrandom=1573127187) (time zones=(1024 1048576)) (magnetic field=(257 198147)) (tmsyssound=(default=Generic Software) (0:Generic Software) (version=1.1) (1.1))

0.99-tmmodule: done

0.99-tmsyswin: Program version 4.00.01.01

0.99-tmsyswin: Copyright (C) 1998-2022 IPACS

0.99-tmsyswin: memory=(physical=6021MB, avail=1661MB) (virtual=17797MB, avail=134217727MB) (72 in use)

0.99-tmsyswin: operating system (10.0)= Microsoft Windows 10 or newer

0.99-tmsyswin: monitor size = 344 194

0.99-tmsyswin: fullscreen modes=(1024x768x32x40) (1024x768x32x60) (1280x1024x32x40) (1280x1024x32x60) (1600x900x32x40) (1600x900x32x60) (1680x1050x32x40) (1680x1050x32x60) (1920x1080x32x40) (1920x1080x32x60)

0.99-tmsteam: initializing steam...

1.04-tmsteam: 4 dlc installed: name='Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator - Aircraft AddOn'

1.04-tmsysmisc: preferred ui language = 'en-U'

1.04-aerofly_fs: preferred language = 'en'

1.04-aerofly: config folder = 'C:/Users/garye/OneDrive/Documents/Aerofly FS 4/'

1.04-module_config: loading config file 'C:/Users/garye/OneDrive/Documents/Aerofly FS 4/main.mcf = not found

1.11-tmsyswin: checking if running in windows compatibility mode: (reported=10.0) (real=10.0 '10.0.19044')

1.11-tmsyswin: init window: (mdf=60Hz) (window=0x0x1920x1080) (client=1920x1080) (screen=1920x1080) (32bpp) (40Hz) (fullscreen)

3.58-tmrenderer_vulkan: available instance extensions: 'VK_KHR_device_group_creation' 'VK_KHR_external_fence_capabilities' 'VK_KHR_external_memory_capabilities' 'VK_KHR_external_semaphore_capabilities' 'VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2' 'VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2' 'VK_KHR_surface' 'VK_KHR_surface_protected_capabilities' 'VK_KHR_win32_surface' 'VK_EXT_debug_report' 'VK_EXT_debug_utils' 'VK_EXT_swapchain_colorspace' 'VK_NV_external_memory_capabilities'

3.58-tmrenderer_vulkan: instance support detected for Vulkan 1.3

3.58-tmrenderer_vulkan: required instance extensions: 'VK_KHR_surface' 'VK_KHR_win32_surface' 'VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2' 'VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2'

3.71-tmrenderer_vulkan: failed to find GPUs with Vulkan support!

3.71-tmrenderer_vulkan: ERROR: (no suitable physical device)

3.74-tmwinogl: initializing opengl...ERROR: (fatal error initializing.)

On another forum I read a thread about how old users are. I am 70 but there are folk who fly in sims who are 85 or older. I found it interesting to read and wonder if the thrill of flying albeit on your electronic device stimulates mental abilities. Anyone want to share their age and thoughts on this? <3

Be careful what you wish for.

In the other Sim there are AI people, trucks and planes. They will walk or drive through you and planes will land in front of you. I am not sure that they will ever be fixed.

I just flew from the Lewis and Clark bridge downriver to Astoria in Oregon in the other sim. What a great flight. Really looking forward to seeing how AFS4 does that.

When you have a family or other things that can interrupt your flying session, you really appreciate the fast loading times and the possibility to skip to the landing phase.

I do not recall AFS2 being particularly quick to load but maybe that was because of my many add on sceneries that made it possible to fly in my country. In the other sim you can also select to arrive or depart once you pick a place to fly so you can just about be in landing phase. The graphics in the other sim are the best in the world (I really can pick out my house) and you do have the whole world to fly in. You can also switch from Bing to Google as a source if you want to. Maybe frame rates do not compare to AFS, VR not as good, updates are a total pain and loading times are not great either. My plan was to check out the other sim whilst waiting for FS4, and I have done that and it is not all bad.