Posts by antonvs

(should I tell him? why not)

Currently the route I have planned takes of from Bob Hope, north of L.A. towards the east. Right hand turn towards downtown L.A. and fly-by of the Hollywood sign. If you fly that departure select the Santa Monica VOR as a waypoint, then the depature off of runway 08 should take you right over the Hollywood sign, looks very scenic! After that short sight seeing tour I was going to intercept the VOR out of Santa Monica maybe.... then turn back on fms course and intercept FMS path. By then we're already at #TOD and I'd take it down with FLC, to 2000ft. Then fly the left hand downwind without the FMS, just in HDG select, prepare the ILS Runway 7 into Santa Barbara, intercept it with the autopilot on and then fly the rest manually. Vacate to the right after crossing the other runway, taxi down to the GA parking area, something like that.

On both airports at takeoff and landing you have quite a nice view, runways are not super long but long enough, taxi is kept as short as possible, with the short cut at the end it shouldn't take too long. It looks short on the map but with the outboard to the east away from the destination and the approach in the west of the destination it is actually a bit longer than it looks. But you have the destination in sight for long time, should be motivating :) And it's along the coast if you don't manage to fly the FMS at least you'll have that to go by.

You should try the route, might be a bit until I finish the tutorial. Have other things on the todo list right now but I'll get to it ASAP.

here's a quick mud-map (direct route)

What about a time delay on the centre button. Whereby by first clicking down on the wheel it changes the wheel function momentarily to zoom function, then after say one second the wheel reverts to the normal hot spot function. This could be set up to only operate if the cursor was not already over a hot spot.

There is already a look ahead function that I have set to a button on my X-55 Rhino. Perhaps a memory function could be used to store a preferred zoom setting that could be also set to a button (or even combined with the look ahead function), that way it is very quick and useful to return to a "safe" viewpoint.

For a new sim, an new Aircraft. Pilatus PC-24 Bizjet. This will be an awesome plane to fly, only needs around 3000ft of runway and can handle dirt. Join GA Aircraft at picturesque locations or mix with the big guys at international Airports.

For now, very happy with the offerings so far.

I would. I did. I just like things on paper. Specially good things. ;)

I made a .pdf as I always do, but rather than print as I always used to do (I would have need a bigger home to store so many manuals), I now use Goodreader on my iPad which allows me to highlight items in color and to make my own linked notes. Then on my pc, I have the .pdf up on a second monitor for reference. Cheers Anton.

"Which twin has the Toni" - some of the older members will remember that one. Two shots of Zurich Airport - one is from Google Earth, the other from FS2.

[Blocked Image: https://s2.postimg.org/fm3r4v7c9/fs2zurich.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://s1.postimg.org/uoyjwjkwf/googzur.jpg]

it's pretty damb good. It took me a while, but I worked out AFS2 is the 1st one as it doesn't have the curved roof building at the bottom left (south east), not as much detail in the grey apron area to the bottom left or Rwy 34 and a little less detail in some car parks. The final giveaway is the Google compass ring in the top right corner. To give full credit though, this is the best I have seen in a sim. Thanks ipacs.

With the release of so many Flt Simulator products on the market now, it makes it very hard for pensioners and other Flt Sim lovers to decide which to Flt Sim to run with...........

To get to the point, I would like to thank drhotwing. He has kept this site ticking over like a well oiled machine. If you look through the posts he is answering a wide field of questions, as well as adding comments to Blogs and so it goes on.

Because of drhotwing , and a few others, who are also helping to make forum interesting and up to date, that I decided to run with this Sim.

Regards to all

Taranakian (Jim)

Jim, you have taken many words out of my mouth, I too am retired and have been cautiously monitoring all four 64bit Fsims all year now, to the point that I did not know which way to go for a while. Then in an enlightened moment I decided to go with Aerofly FS2.

I completely removed all traces of FSX:SE on my 500Gb SSD and installed nearly all of FS2 in one go (160+ Gb) including purchasing the upgrade path via OrbxDirect for LOWI (thank you Jarrod, this was the clincher and proof of concept for me).

Over the last three days I have flown in US SE,NE and CH in many of the default Aircraft and had a ball. For me coming onboard at this point in time was just right. System depth in some aircraft are stating to get there. Still a long way to go but what has been done to now is very good and enjoyable. And the best news is my System doesn't need an upgrade (straight away anyway). Not so with the other sims I looked into.

So can I add to Jim's compliments to Jeff, Jan, Torsten, Marc and all the others. Health and brain permitting I will be with you for the long haul flight.

Cheers Anton.

I'm referring to the button above the view button that takes the plane immediately up by 500'. I'm assuming this is a bail out button which I see is often needed in mountainous terrain like Switzerland especially when the autopilot wants to take you through a mountain.

I find I often hit this accidentally and it very frustrating when, after completing a perfect landing and you have spent several minutes taxiing to a parking spot and wham. After accidentally hitting the panic button you are 500' up with no power of lift.

Now to the suggestion and possible easy work around. What if the panic button was only visible after hitting the pause button. The same result can then be achieved without accidents.

Please concider.

Cheers Anton.

Hi, new here and very excited about Aerofly's potential having been brought here as a long time orbx customer and by John Venema's announcements about 2017.

I use Saitek X-56 Pro flight controllers and Rudder pedals and I would love to know if they are recognised by Aerofly FS 2 and can the X-56's own Config tool be used to map the control surfaces and buttons.

Thanks (danke) in advance.