Posts by Pipeorgan

Good point but a possible easy solution is:

Take off VR headset, write complex ATC instructions down (e.g IFR clearance), put VR headset back on. We should not always expect everything to be perfect. Lets remember it's a just sim and not real life.

Well taking off the headset would distroy immersion and if you have ever flown in a busy area then the pressure from ATC and from flying the aircraft is very high. I would therefore like to use the sim as a training tool as well as for enjoyment.

I was thinking more about writing on an iPad for example, having it strapped to my knee or on a flat surface handy for use. If there was then an app. which could link this to AeroflyFS2 then maybe we could see it on a virtual knee pad.

Mitch is almost always very enthusiastic... :)

If I may, I'd like to suggest that Aerofly FS2 should be considered a supplemental sim to your current favorite, to enjoy VFR flight in the current provided areas, and is absolutely worth your time and attention if you enjoy flight. Whether or not with time it becomes ones go to, full time use sim will be up to each individual as development and addon availability continues to grow.

Yes I agree with your suggestion, it is spot on. Let's all enjoy the current amazing benefits that Aerofly FS2 offers us and support it's further development rather than waiting for it to happen.

Yes it is good memory practice but that there is so much going on when flying that I need sometimes to write it down. Perhaps someone could write an iPad app to copy what the pilot writes down on an iPad which then appears on a virtual kneeboard.

Btw I had a very pleasant shock and surprise when I tried the co-pilot position in VR in the Cessna, wow quite stunning. I won't give the game away just try it:)

I'm hoping that Pilotedge will support Aerofly FS2 as it would be amazing and so real to fly, especially in VR, with their on-line ATC. If this happens though we will need a solution for noteing down information such as frequencies, squawk codes etc., with a VR headset on. Has anyone any idea how this could be done?

I keep discovering cool little features - flying around NYC at dawn in VR, the distant buildings were blocking the sunlight flooding into the cockpit as I passed through the shadow, lovely little touch.

Also, the ability to change time on the fly is really cool. I have time +/- assigned to a button on my throttle, so I can get perfect lighting and sun position at the flick of a button. It works really well too when you are on the runway and you have mistakenly set the wrong time you can flick night into day in a few clicks.

Thanks for the tip about assigning the time+/- to a button, this sim gets better by the day it's so easy and fast to get into or change a flight.

Yes I agree with your criticisms which I am sure will be addressed. However what surprised me is the realistic feeling of presence in 3 dimensional space, just sitting in the cockpit of the Jumbo taxiing around at Zurich Airport then taking off seems so real. I fly a small GA aircraft so sitting there apparently 7-8m above the ground is quite an experience.

Aerofly FS 2 with Oculus Rift is astounding. The amazing thing is it is so smooth, immersive and easy to set up and change situations. I am really looking forward to seeing it further developed and what Orbx and others will now add to this wonderful platform.

Well done Aerofly and Steam, and of course Oculus.