Posts by delfinpm

Only 2 questions:

1º) .- Is it currently possible to assign the tail rotor control of the R 22, to a key on the keyboard, and to dispense with the rudder pedals?.

2nd) .- Is it possible to assign the mentioned control to a button or rotating wheel on the Saitek X 45 joystick, of course, regardless of the rudder pedals?.

Regards; Delfin

Guys, you can probably find a used flight stick on eBay for almost nothing. MS sidewinders and some of the early models. This will get you off the keyboard and enjoying the pleasures of flying the R22.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray

I was taking a look on eBay, and I did not find any bargain; I found them quite expensive, with the aggravating fact that they are used and you never know the status of that product. I prefer to pay a little more, and have the guarantee that this product works.

In any case, thanks for that information

Regards: Delfin

I have no idea what the previous post means, but you can't fly a helicopter with a keyboard.

Not for the moment, but I hope so, in the immediate future; Of course, not with the benefits and comfort provided by pedals.

I know it's not the best or more practical way to do it, but if it is possible with all the planes, it should also be possible with the R22. Anyway, it would be just a temporary solution until i fix my X52

By the way Nuno,

I suppose you mean the "Logitech G Saitek X52 Flight". And ... I'm interested in your opinion, because I'm about to buy it:

Are you satisfied with that Joystick?

How long have you bought it?

What problem do you have with him now?

Good luck, I just can't

Hi Nuno

I have exactly the same difficulty as you in activating (compensating), the pair of the blades of the R 22 with two keys. I assigned that function to the keys, but it has no effect. I've tried with several keys, but nothing works.

However, it works very well for me, in the control of the rudder in all the airplanes, in addition, it works progressively in all the airships (including the acrobatic ones, that I fly them a lot).

From this it can be deduced, that at the moment, the software of this R 22, does not include the possibility of that control, it seems that at present, only that control with pedals can be carried out. Well ... we'll have to wait, if we want to assign that function to two keys.

However, with this R 22, a really strange phenomenon occurs: He commented "J van E", that when he started trying to fly, it was impossible in both modalities; However, I was amazed by this R 22: in "easy mode", I absolutely do not need this key control. I ascend and move with great comfort and without the need of control with the tail rotor. How is it possible that this software of the R 22, works so docile on my PC? and so uncontrollable in another PC ?. When I read that post from J va E, I initially thought that its software had to have some difference with respect to mine (that something had been erased, or the download was not exactly the same, something very difficult to admit, but it was true) .

I repeat, we have to wait for them to adjust things with this new toy.

Regards: Dolphin

The base of the throttle unit has a built-in USB 2.0 cable that connects to your PC. The other cable connects the throttle unit to the flight stick unit. Easy Peasy. Lots of buttons, switches and turn wheels, good hat switch for panning, protected button with cover that I use for Thrust Reversers, Two buttons at 2 o'clock on the stick that works great for elevator trim. 10 o'clock four way switch is good for zooming in or out and moving left or right or whatever blows your skirt up. Sometimes I set this for seat (eye) up and down and left and right. There is a 9 o'clock push button that I use for flaps. I use a button on the throttle for flaps up. I also use a button in the middle of a thumbwheel on the right side of the throttle for gear up and down. The slider on the throttle works great for deploying and retracting the spoilers for the Learjet and F-15E. There are buttons and knobs left over for whatever may come up.

We don't have any weapons for I guess they are typically used for dropping bombs and firing missiles.

The current version is the X-56 Rhino with a split throttle which would be nice but not necessary. Me personally, I would seriously look at getting a refurbished x56 rather than a new x52 Pro, but that is just me. If you buy at amazon you have 30 days to return it if unhappy.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray

Finally, you have been very, very explicit in explaining to me how the cable (cables) that connect the joystick and accelerator are formed, with the CPU of my computer. I had to be clear, because I have a problem of space and distribution in my office.

Not only have you done it extensively, you have even described how to assign functions of the Sim, to certain buttons, switches, rotating wheels, etc.

Well this is really interesting, because when you start assigning functions to so many devices, it can turn out that you do not know which way to start and in what order and priority to assign those functions.
    Again many, many thanks, and ... I remain in debt to you.

Very interesting and extensive the link of your writing in AVSIM. Thanks also for that.

Oh, I was hoping you would connect personally with me. Again, this is my personal e.mail. "delfinperezmarino@gmail.com". Initially, you do not have to write anything, simply: "hi Delfin ...". I will write to you. What ... you do not dare ?. Then tell me how to do it with you, well, in your personal e.mail, or, through this forum if there is such a possibility to connect with you, and only with you.

Kind regards: Delfin

Thank you very much for the information, Ray. Two more questions.

1º) .- This joystick + accelerator, I suppose that includes the connection cables to the CPU of the computer (in my case).

2) .- From each device comes a cable, which I guess join the two, in one, and this, is connected via USB to the CPU. Is that so?

Oh, the cables have a length of 4.6 feet = 1.4 meters (according to information on Google)

Sorry for so much discomfort, I am very grateful

Kind regards : Delfin

Hi Ray

I have seen in this post, that you have a joystick that I like (and I will surely buy it). Since you have it, I beg you to inform me of the following:

1) .- In AMAZON, there are many negative reviews related to failures that claim that this joystick has. You already know that this is always very debatable; If you get one with bad luck, the opinion is going to be negative.

2) .- And more important, I am interested in this: the length of the cable of each of the pieces (joystick and accelerator), from the piece to where both cables are joined, that is, the length of both cables separating them to the maximum, from one piece to the other.

And since it is related to the R-22: have you already configured your joystick to fly that toy correctly in the easy case, as in 'profi mode'?

I await your reply

kind regards: Delfin

This was one of the demands that IPACS made with more insistence. It is assumed that they will have worked very hard and in long hours to satisfy us before the end of the year.

November 29 was the chosen day to launch it. And ... we all launched in search of the download. It even happened to me, that I did not find it anywhere to download it; in the end Jann that began to play, that Steam was willing to please me. What I did not know, is that this was the first fully automatic download, along with an update.

I played and ... there he was, among the other aircraft, ready to ascend to the heights.

I made the necessary assignments for your flight control, and ... to fly! .

I was surprised, apparently, that I had little capacity for promotion. Also in surprised, that the effect of the tail rotor was not appreciated; It flew practically in a straight line without any control of tail displacement. Naturally, I assumed that by default it was the 'easy version'.

In third place I also observed, that I had no control over the effect of the tail rotor; the truth is that I did not need it either, and that still surprised me more, since this displacement of the rotor effect seems to be the biggest difficulty in helicopter piloting.

So, I asked these questions to the forum:

"A DOUBT:

I have assigned two keys to control the tail rotor (they are the same as those that control the aircraft, the steering rudder), and I observe that they do not act at all, on this tail rotation. I also observe with amazement, that it is not necessary, since the R-22, stays aligned, and does not need control of that rotor. Is this the behavior of this R-22 in the 'novice' version, or should I do some Adjustment or configuration ?. "

As nobody answered, I assumed that nobody yet knew how to solve this difficulty (and without doubt, others raised by other users).

I continued experimenting with the new aircraft and waiting for the mountain of questions that, without a doubt, would arrive from the users. And so began to get questions and more questions, that virtually no satisfactory answer, especially related to the control of the tail rotor.

Today I saw that Phil (Spit40), commented that in 'Porfi mode', it was impossible to pilot this R-22.

Then I was moved by curiosity and I put it in 'professional'. Just stop touching the ground, began to spin by the rotor effect ... and there is no way to control it. Again I went back to configuration, and I could see that the control of 'TailRotor', was correctly assigned to two keys, which, continued to act absolutely nothing, and the R-22, turned like a top. Obviously, my assignment does not work in relation to this control. Why?.

Before the launch, it is evident that the team that programmed it, will have done almost infinite tests of operation in all imaginable situations. Then I ask myself:

Why then, it is possible that we have so many difficulties, and precisely in the most elementary of this machine: 'the control of the tail rotor, which also is the great difficulty of helicopter flight' ?.

It is also assumed that the programmers had their programming machines, in the same conditions as we users. So, how is this contradiction explained?

It is also very evident that the programming team will be fighting the human and the divine to solve all these difficulties. Hopefully the solutions do not delay.

Regards: Delfín

A DOUBT:

I have assigned two keys to control the tail rotor (they are the same as those that control the aircraft, the steering rudder), and I observe that they do not act at all, on this tail rotation. I also observe with amazement, that it is not necessary, since the R-22, stays aligned, and does not need control of that rotor. Is this the behavior of this R-22 in the 'novice' version, or should I do some Adjustment or configuration ?.

It's a bit odd at first I agree. On the ground, at idle, the engine is just ticking over and the throttle would be twisted towards you, it's like a motorcycle throttle that goes the other way. Once the engine is warm you would twist the throttle away from you, the rpm rises and you will see the engine rpm needle rise too on the instrument panel. You twist the throttle to about 75% and then the engine revs run away from you for a second and then settle again as the governor takes over, but you don't need to touch the throttle any more, the power comes automatically now when you need it.

So the collective pitch lever is down, engaging the clutch involves belts tightening behind your head, and the thing makes a few weird noises and vibrates a bit, as the rotor starts to come up to speed. At this point the other needle on the rpm gauge rises and they match each other in position, that's when you have a happy helicopter.

Then, as you raise the collective it increases the pitch of all the rotor blades, which needs more power to maintain engine rpm, supplied via the governor as it senses the engine rpm dropping.

Edit: sorry delphin, I was writing this post at the same time you were writing the one above, but also, yes, the rotor rpm always stays the same during flight, it's the pitch of the blades that moves it in any direction. Collective moves all the blades of the main rotor at once to go up and down, cyclic moves them differently to each other, making you go sideways and forwards/backwards etc. The tail rotor changes its own collective pitch via the pedals to give lift but at right angles to the rotor disc.

Completely agree with you, John

My previous answer was based on the fact that this was a piston engine, and secondly, I did not know that 'automatic control of the power to be developed: (governor)', depending on the loads that we apply to the helicopter.

I had absolutely no real knowledge of helicopter piloting, and my reasoning was correct in the absence of the 'governor'. But the existence of this mechanism changes everything. In short, what is always sought is: "that mechanisms work for us, and make us work easier", and ... little by little, it is achieved.

Thank you for answering. Thanks to these efforts, we are all learning more and more.

You don't have to manage the rotation speed or the rotor, that is taken care of by the governor, default on, default enabled, default not assigned since you don't need to do any changes to it.

You don't need to adjust the throttle at all. I have don't even have it assigned and it works perfectly. Just increase collective and the power will be increased automatically, by the governor. Just ignore all the engine management and raise the collective, that will lift you up.... If you want to descent just move the collective down again. No need to adjust any rotation speed!

Thanks Overloaded and Jan

I did not know this very practical and resolutive aspect automatically (the 'governor') in the helicopters. You have explained it to me with remarkable simplicity and efficiency.

However, I observe that when acting on the collective (to ascend) quickly, the response is slow, and apparently the intensity of the sound of the blades is the same and apparently there is no increase in speed of the blades to ascend with certain speed. I understand that to ascend with ... speed!, The blades would have to spin faster. I'm wrong?.

Well, I wrote to this point, but before sending my answer, I made a flight applying the advice you give me, and in effect, this 'GOVERNOR automatic throttle', works quite well, what happens is that it does not allow violent accelerations that can be reached in airplanes. Here, we must do it more gently.

However, I observe that the rotations of the blades remain unchanged (optical effect) regardless of whether it ascends, descends or moves horizontally.

Well, as Overloaded says: "Now, it's like riding a bike ... practice and practice, Only this way you can master the trade of flight in this new and formidable toy".

Once again, thanks IPACS, THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC WORK OF FLYING ART, and ... again, Thank you Overloaded, Jan and larrylynx. Your explanations, as always: HIGHLIGHTS!

Kind regards. Delfin

Oh, and ... one less demand, to IPACS. It was a magnificent end-of-the-year gift.

You shouldn't need to touch the throttle I think, as once you take it up to about 75% the governor takes over and feeds power when needed. It doesn't need manually adjusting during flight.

Let's see John

Initially the helicopter is on the ground, it is supposed to idle. Next we have to accelerate (increase the r.p.m. = Throttle); once the rpm is increased, we gently activate the collective, and consequently ascend. Once we reach the desired altitude (with rpm at approximately 75% of its power (or any other), we would continue to move horizontally.When we want to descend, we must necessarily decrease the angle of attack of the blade, consequently, it will increase its rpm (consequence of the decrease in lift), and here again, we have to decrease the throttle, otherwise, the blades would increase in excess their rpm

If my reasoning is wrong, I beg you to explain it to me, but I have a hard time believing, that it is not necessary to act on the power applied to the helicopter engine and that we solve everything with the collective, once certain rpm of the blades has been reached.

I NEED A SMALL HELP:

The first, CONGRATULATIONS, IPACS; Once again, you have built another "flying work of art".

I had never flown a helicopter, and ... after the first contact with this, the impression is very good. In principle, it is not difficult to fly it, but I have this problem, and I ask help from the helicopter flying experts to configure my controls.

I have a simple Joystick system (THRUSMASTER USB Joystick, Joystick, PC, With USB cable connection.)

I have assigned the 'collective' function to the throttle lever (on the joystick). With this, I get up or down by varying the angle of attack of the blades), but I need another device (in my case it will have to be a keyboard key), to accelerate (give more power to the engine). This device would have to provide 'progressive power' (progressive acceleration / deceleration of the motor.

I've tried with several keys and it does not work. The keys do not provide me with a progressive function. How to solve it ?.

Once again, I'm waiting for your help

Thank you very much, and kind regards. Delfín

The R22 is part of the update to the core Aerofly. Your Aerofly needs new code to be able to simulate the R22 helicopter and new files, which are included in the base Aerofly package. Get the update = get the R22. :)

There is no separate download or installation needed.

In my case, it was not necessary to download anything, as always, it had been self-updated, and the R 22 was already part of the aircraft squadron. I thought that, as in previous cases, it had to be expressly downloaded.

Thanks, Jan

Regards; Dolphin

Yes, I'd like the resolution to be twice as good, but that means £2k of hardware upgrades plus a £1k headset. The PC hardware needs to come to affordable levels fist for Oculus and HTC to throw cash behind their next gen PC headsets.

Just get yourself a Rift and don't overthink it! They're a bargain now at £/€/$350.

Hi Nick

You're safe with € / $ 2k spent on hardware upgrades plus a £ 1k headset. Could we see twice better? . I, and currently and from what I see that is studied and exposed in this forum, by colleagues who already have Oculus, HTC, etc. I think we still have to wait to get the quality of vision you say. If we could see, as I wish (also, as you wish, and many others), I think I would be willing to spend those € ./$...../ 3,000.

Anyway, I understand your point of view perfectly; in effect Oculus for € 350. is a good price.

In summary I am in complete agreement on everything, except in the bad vision we have of the reading instruments in the instrument panel of the aircraft in FS 2, especially the large aircraft that I have already listed. I assure you that it is NOT simply "tilting your head a little"; is much more. With the aggravating circumstance that I have to partially close my eyes, until I focus on the text I want to read. This is especially annoying, at the time of landing.

Of the 4 simulators that I had on my PC, this FS 2 is the worst one seen. I do not mean the vision in VR, but in the monitor, and ... I have a good view. And ... it's not a negative criticism towards FS2; I have a great affection for this Sim. What happens to us the users of this Sim. (Although something very similar can happen with any other), is that when we begin to play, we discover certain flaws, but we move on. After a certain time, we are getting used to supporting those defects (which are improvable), and ... after more time, we have assumed it as normal. And in this Sim. It is normal, but it is not logical that permanent visual effort in front of the monitor. Everything that means getting information from the instruments of the plane, must be achieved without any visual effort, and in my case, this does not happen, I guess that most of the users are the same as me.

That said Nick, I thank you very sincerely your comments, explanations and reasoning very logical and human. I see with pleasure that you are one of the most dedicated users to help and advise everything you can (and you can do a lot). In addition to your great help with the valuable tool "AeroScenery". And ... that I can not use! In another moment I'll tell you why, now this post would be too long, in response to yours

Once again, thank you very much for your help:

Kind regards: Delfin

ZOOM turns off.

The best thing to do is to simply lean into what you need to read. Real-world pilots don't have a zoom feature and there are many things that you can't read in a real aircraft :) We try hard to make things as realistic as possible so the 'auto zoom' will not work for us. A manual zoom is a possibility down the road but please don't expect anything soon as there are many other priorities that would come before this. Maybe remind us of this a year from now?

Something to add to the post: "SAMSUNG ODYSSEY + PLUS Overview"

I followed with some attention, the development of this post. In it, the results of Sansung latest VR headset are studied and exposed, both hergonomic and visual. I am especially interested in the vision in this VR device.

From the quick reading of the speakers in the forum, I discover that his vision is still not good, yet (despite the improvement in relation to the previous model, even other manufacturers) leaves much to be desired. The most demanding (who are the ones who know the most) are still not satisfied, and those who have bought it to study it and present their conclusions, in general, say the same: "it does not satisfy them at all" and ... "the vision is worse than on the flat monitor. "

I really want to buy these headsets, but I do not want to happen to me what someone else has said: "they have them in the attic full of dust", which means they are not satisfied. I guess the main reason, is a defective vision.

I am observing that there are 4 or 5 manufacturers of VR headsets, but they have not yet perfected this device enough, so that the really demanding ones (I suppose that we are the lovers of the flight of the sims.) We are satisfied and we inclined for the purchase massive If the vision were at least as clear as on the monitor, we would massively buy.

AND ... HOW DOES IT SEE IN THE FLAT MONITOR, OUR FS 2 ?.
    What I am going to write, surely some may surprise, others will surely agree with me.

I have the monitor 21 '; exactly at a distance of 80 cm. from my eyes (in the sitting position and piloting the planes); Except for the functions:

IAS / MUCH; HDG; VERT / SPD; ALT. that their numbers look big enough, and consequently, well; all the other knobs, at the aforementioned distance, I only see blurry letters and I am unable to read anything. Just approaching up to 50 cm (or less) of the monitor, I can read with real difficulty its meaning. Not only because of the small size of the letters, but especially because of the very low sharpness (resolution) of the body of the letters.

This condition is given to me in large aircraft, especially: B.737; B.747; A.320; very accused in the Learjet (all very small); King Air C90.

This should be corrected. Of course now is not the time, well, given the demands we are making, I guess they never will be, anyway, for me this low visibility, is really annoying, therefore, I expose here, but I already explained in the forum at other times.

Jeff, in one of his last interventions in this post, said (of course, he was referring to the VR vision, I mean the flat monitor): "The best thing is to simply read what you need to read. world pilots do not have a zoom feature and there are many things that you can not read in. We try hard to make things as realistic as possible so the 'auto zoom' will not work for us".

I understand perfectly that you do things as realistic and proportional as possible, but perhaps more important than the "rigorous proportions", it would be more practical (and above all, useful), that the instruments of the panel, can be read comfortably from the chair and without make efforts .

NOTA: Jetjockey10 -->{ Ray }

This is my personal email: "delfinperezmarino@gmail.com"

Through my personal email, could you please connect with me?

Kind Regards: Delfin