Posts by delfinpm

¡¡ CONGRATULATIONS, jk1895 !!

Finally, ... IT WORKS !!

Why did not work before now ?. Quite simply, because the change Jan asked me to make, was not correct and consequently, the rudder continued to malfunction. As I was asked I modified from "false" to "true", but in the second line of code. Only in Jan's last communication with me, I changed the line (the first one you write, and I did not). I kept thinking it was the same. That was my mistake in replacing false with true. I apologize for this mistake.

<[Bool] [controls_use_rudder] [true]>
    <[Bool] [controls_use_rudder_assist] [false]>

When comparing them with the "printed list" I had made, I checked the difference with my list: the "true" of the end of your line (I had "false" = the program had false), was the key that allowed me to suppose that was the solution. I made the change and ... IT WORKED !!.

I was indicated to change in the line that I indicate with the Nº 1 of "false" to "true", when the change was necessary, but in the previous line that I marked with Nº2

I repeat: the first line was the key for me to see it.

Finally, a problem more resolved. Special thanks to you, Jan; I suppose it is very difficult (even being programmer) to know exactly which concrete command of a particular line performs a concrete function. You, from the beginning, have made a continuous effort to solve this problem. My special thanks to your effort.

Also you, Cav. You have also made your contribution, although you intended to assign that function to rudder, which is very logical, since most pilots, so do. But for a long time, I had it assigned to two keys, and I intended to continue.

And finally, you, "jk1895". You, that with your contribution, (these two lines of code, and your conclusive sentence: "Please, do it right !"), have been the cause of my vision where the "false" had to be changed, "true ". Also for your effort, thank you very much.

Kind regards : Delfin

Hello Cav
    Of course, at the end there were many missing files. Click again in New Yorrk and Utah and again were unloaded. Everything works now.

However, after downloading and seeing that everything works fine, I repeated the operation again (since I never did), ie: "Verify Integrity of Game Files"; At the end of the verification, again indicated the following:

Validated Steam files = 100% completed
    45 files failed to validate and will be readquired.

What does this mean ?, because, nor downloaded those files, (which I understand should do it automatically) and the sim in appearance, works correctly.

Rodeo:
    That situation I found after disappearing the airports of my sim. The folders were as seen on that list. Now (after downloading again) it have this aspect of the image, and apparently it is correct. I'm wrong?

To both, thank you very much for your interest and help.

Regards; Delfin

Hello Jan

Sequence of operations performed:

1).- I changed the code from "false" to "true", just like you ask me.

2).- I loaded the sim and with surprise the behavior is the same: the rudder continues coupled and moving with the ailerons.

3).- I reset the sim, I reassigned the controls to the usual keys except the two keys corresponding to the rudder to see how it behaved. My surprise is that it was still coupled to the ailerons.

4).- Now I assigned the rudder to the two custom keys, and the same effect: it moves synchronized with the ailerons.

5).- I left the sim, and I went to the program (file "main.mcf.") And my surprise again, is that it had been switched to "false".

6).- I turned off the PC, turned it on again, changed the file from "false" to "true"; I loaded the sim, I started a flight and I could verify that the rudder was still attached to the ailerons. I immediately left the sim, I went to see the file and it was back in "false".

At the beginning, Jan, you told me that I had to switch from "true to false". Then we find out that it was already "false", and seeing this, you tell me to switch to "true", but ... it does not work either. Given this situation, it is clear that neither programmers are clear about this situation.

Is this commutation normal according to the program rules of this sim?
    Regards: Delfin

Helo Cav.

It is a pleasure to follow your precise and rigorous instructions. I see that you know (and apply) "pedagogy."

I followed your instructions but it took a long time. As I have very little time for family problems, I thought there had to be a simpler and faster way to detect the disappearance of those files. So while Stem was exploring the archives, ("Verify Integrity of Game Files") I went to the root directory and searched for the folders corresponding to the missing DLC files (New York and Utah).

In fact, the image I send proves that the files have disappeared (except Morristown Muni airport in New York).

Well, now I have to download them again. I acknowledge that the previous times, I did but no method and, honestly, I do not know very well how I did it. There has to be a correct procedure; Can you tell me what it is?

What ... How long has it not defragment the hard drive ?. Quite, but honestly, I do not know. Maybe more than 2 years.

For all your detailed and precise help, once again, Thank you very much, Cav

Delfin

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING: AGAIN, I CAN NOT FLY ON NEW YORK, AND ... ALSO IN UTAH!

It just happened to me: now that the whole sim, was working perfectly, including the DLC of Utah, there was an incident that again I was like at first: the airports of New York disappeared, (well, there was only one: "Morristown Muni ") and absolutely all of Utah, and the textures corresponding to their respective surfaces.

I wonder, what strange circumstance has occurred, so that this airport has not disappeared like all the others?

I checked on Steam, and it tells me the three DLCs installed, which total = 118.45 GB. And the free space on Hard Disk = 98.3 GB. These data were prior to the incident. Now are these others: all three DLCs =18.45 GB, however, the free space on the hard disk = 130.17 GB.

It is clear that these numbers given by Steam are not correct (and, in addition, they are contradictory). If the SIM still occupies 118.45 GB, the free space on the hard drive can not increase.

However, I repeat: neither airports appear in both DLCs, nor their surface is textures. The only airport that remained in N. York, I flew and landed on it, which is in the middle of a completely diffuse surface (no texture, only the track and the surface on which the buildings sit). The absence of texture, is exactly as in the beginning: no streets, no buildings, no rivers, no trees ... NOTHING !.

The two images that accompany, prove what I affirm

I am squeezing the brain with great intensity, to see if I remember a click that I did involuntarily, and that is the cause of this setback.

I need your experience and inspiration; I need answers or at least questions to be able to continue investigating this setback.

P.D. I loaded the FS 2, not from Steam, but from the icon on the desktop of the computer and then, I could see that the airports of N. York were missing. That alarmed me. Immediately, I suspected that other DLCs might also be missing, and indeed all of Utah's were missing.

However, I suppose that was not the cause. So, what is the cause?

Hello Jan

That you forgot to answer me? ... Well, thank you very much for that sincerity.

And, thank you again, for giving me broader answers again, the previous ones were not. The rudder control response, you did not give it to me.

In my reply of May 10, 2017, 23:00 , I sent you an image of the file "main.mcf", again I send it to you now.

These were your questions (my reply below):

Does your rudder issue still persist? ---> YES
    Can you confirm that you have indeed just a pair of keys assigned to the rudder? ---> YES

Are these buttons on the keyboard ---> YES

Solution A:
    Did you try to edit the main.mcf file manually yet? ----> YES
    (Set the "rudder assist" to false) ---> IT WAS ALREADY IN FALSE, (AND IT DOES NOT WORK, I WANT TO SAY THAT IT ACTIVATES SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH THE AILERONS (RUDDER AND ALERONS COUPLING CONTINUES).

Contrary to what you thought, Jan, the code of the program is not what you had supposed. The code is correct = "false", as shown in the image I am sending you.

Hi Delfin,
    I'm not sure about this, I think the sensitivity is intended for the mobile users. Could be wrong though -
    Regards,
    Jan

Frankly Jan, I was not expecting this silence to my questions

Complete silence (no response) to the first communication, and, "Could be wrong though -", to the second = "sensivity".

I've been waiting for you convinced that you would consult, but the silence continues. And this proves that you did not think to answer me. Why?

Frankly Jan, I was not expecting this silence to my questions

Complete silence (no response) to the first communication, and, "Could be wrong though -", to the second = "sensivity".

I've been waiting for you convinced that you would consult, but the silence continues. And this proves that you did not think to answer me. Why?

Following this route or sequence: Settings -> Controls -> USB Game Controlers -> Sensivity [low high].
    I suppose that the concept of "sensitivity" refers to the speed with which the airplane rotates on its three axes: ROLL, PICH and YAW.

However I find with the surprise that I do not find any difference, regardless of where I select the sensitivity (low or high), especially in large airplanes like the Airbus or even the B. 747.

I looked in the "Wiky Manual" but I did not find anything related to this concept. Please, I ask myself: Where is my error about this concept?

Regards; Delfin

For the first time, Jan, I did not understand your communication. I beg you to expose it with more detail and in steps: (1º ---, 2º ... 3º ... etc).

As for you, Cav, I no longer have the previous joystick (with rudder built into its lever). Consequently I can not do the experiment that you recommend me. Also, if you tell me that in that way, it works well, it is obvious that it is. In any case, I do not want to have that control in that way; I want to control the address with two keys, as I've been doing for years, if is possible, of course.

Hello Cav.

You have put too much effort into solving my problem. I thank you, much, much.

Contrary to what you thought, especially Jan and you, the code of the program is not what you had supposed. The code is correct = "false", as shown in the image I am sending you.

What joystick do I have ?, this: Joystick THRUSTMASTER, Model 296 0623 -USB for PC and Mac.

The joystick that you recommend me, costs 38 €. No, the price is not an inconvenience to me. I already had a joystick with the command of the rudder in the lever (right hand), and although it surprises you, I did not like it, I prefer to have that control in two keys to send the direction with the left hand. I'm used to fly this way and I find it comfortable.

If it is possible to correct this inconvenience in another way we will do it, otherwise I will bear it.

Tell me Cav: Do you have the "FS 1"?

I ask you this, because I want to know if the behavior of Extra and Pitts, is exactly the same in FS 1 as in FS 2. On my PC, it is very, very different.

Very, very grateful, Cav.
    Delfín

Unresolved issue: (with Jan and Cav)

As you can see in the attached image, the file (main.mcf) mentioned by Jan and Cav, (in its 27th line), seems to be correct. Therefore, nothing has changed.

I assumed that assigned the rudder to any device, produced the same effects regardless of the type of device (keys, joystick or pedals), but Jan and Cav. made me understand that it is not. It is understood!.

Anyway, I do not like having the rudder assigned to the joystick, I prefer to have it on two keys to control the direction with the other hand. Is that possible with the rudder unplugged from the ailerons?

Cav. if not a lot of trouble, I'd like you to send a video of your Extra to the forum running a roll. It's possible?. I have a lot of interest in seeing this maneuver of Extra in a PC more powerful than mine, because in my PC, does not execute it correctly, however, correctly executes the maneuver in FS-1.

Regards : Delfin

To make this clear: the rudder assist that you are experiencing is not intended on a dektop computer and it shouldn't be enabled in the default settings. Either your main.mcf file is still old and has that setting enabled (PLEASE CHECK THAT!! I'm asking that for the third time now) or we still have a bug in the code.

The F15 and F18 and all airliners and all other aircraft with a yaw damper are not good for testing the auto-rudder issue, because they should move the rudder slightly as shown in your latest F15 video. That is just the turn coordination / yaw dampening working...

Regards,
    Jan

Unresolved issue: (with Jan and Cav)

As you can see in the attached image, the file (main.mcf) mentioned by Jan and Cav, (in its 27th line), seems to be correct. Therefore, nothing has changed.

I assumed that assigned the rudder to any device, produced the same effects regardless of the type of device (keys, joystick or pedals), but Jan and Cav. made me understand that it is not. It is understood!.

Anyway, I do not like having the rudder assigned to the joystick, I prefer to have it on two keys to control the direction with the other hand. Is that possible with the rudder unplugged from the ailerons?

Cav. if not a lot of trouble, I'd like you to send a video of your Extra to the forum running a roll. It's possible?. I have a lot of interest in seeing this maneuver of Extra in a PC more powerful than mine, because in my PC, does not execute it correctly, however, correctly executes the maneuver in FS-1.

During my absence in this forum, I have seen that you have been very active and creative: Rodeo with his NAS Whidbey (among others), and David and others with their aircraft carriers. With these contributions to the community now we have more resources and that is to be thankful.

I've also noticed that incorporating the Utah DLC, and subsequent downloading of new files (replacing old ones), have created certain problems, especially those that we have AMD electronic components on our computers.

I think that some of these problems could have been avoided, having been more predictive and planning better, but ... now that they have already been solved, let's leave it that way. As it is said in my land: "agua pasada no mueve molinos= past water does not move mills". I do not know if this equivalent expression in English will be correct; If it is not, I apologize.

And standing in the present, I am very pleased to be able to be with you again and participate in your concerns, which are also mine, and among all, we aspire to build the best "flight simulator of the world."

Hi, friends of the forum,

For very serious family reasons, I will be some time (I do not know how much), disconnected from the forum. When these problems are solved or the situation improves, I will return.

In the current circumstances, I can neither read the post nor analyze or respond to your postings. When I come back and can, I will try to solve this rudder problem.

To Jan, Jeff, Cav, Antoine, jk1895, ... and all the others, for all the aids lent, thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Kind regards: Delfin

I apologize for not being able to participate in the debate that has arisen since my last participation. Professional and family reasons, have prevented me.

I also apologize for some words used in the communication. English is not my native language, (it's the fourth language in which I have to express myself in this forum, and of the four, which presents me with the most difficulties, but although not very well, I get you to understand me, and that's what Important), and in conclusion, it always presents certain difficulties when using complex technical language. In the translation of words or concepts, they are sometimes used incorrectly because they do not know their exact translation, or simply, they present syntax problems since the sentences are formed in another way. I have noticed, for example, the word I used as "jamp", to express an idea in my language, but in English, it is something different. I have noticed in the several times that Jan has mentioned it. In the end, everything has been understood.

Anyway, in any case, we have to understand each other since we speak many languages and very different. Here, they have a huge advantage in the accuracy of explanations, those whose native language is English. All the others, we can not express ourselves with that precision, that rigor, that perfect word, but I am sure, that we all make the necessary effort to understand each other. And ... I think we're doing pretty well.

And ... back to our problems of ... "ailerons and rudder"

These are in synthesis my conclusions from the observations made on the plane:

Assign or NO, the rudder to a key or any other device, the rudder continues to work synchronously with the ailerons. But ... (in Extra and Pitts).

WITH RUDDER ASSIGNED TO KEY OR DEVICE:

A) .- Flying: if we push ailerons to any side, so synonymous rudder does.

B) .- If after pushing the ailerons (and keeping them activated), we push the rudder in the opposite direction, this, back to the neutral position, and the plane makes a perfect roll. We can experience it by making a roll.

C) .- If after pushing the ailerons (and keeping them activated with roll execution), we change the direction of the roll; the rudder continues in neutral position and the plane makes a perfect roll (without the influence of rudder). You can easily experience it.

D) .- If we push the rudder before pushing the ailerons, this (rudder), remains activated regardless of what the ailerons do.

If it were not too hard work for designers, I would recommend this:
    1º) .- Leave the rudder connected to the ailerons (as it is now).
    2nd) .- Give the user the possibility of disconnecting rudder from the ailerons.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    In the video sent by Jet-Packs (Jan), and first of these published in this publication, 4 important flight scenes are seen: "vertical rolls". These maneuvers are seen in these moments of video playback:
    Between 1:26 and 1:40 seconds
    Between 1:54 and 2:00 sec.
    Between 3:23 and 3: 32 seconds
    Between 3:48 and 3:56 seconds

You see an absolutely perfect maneuver; Is observed in the end of the wing that crosses horizontally the horizon with a perfect parallelism.
    After discovering that the rudder moves synchronized with the alerions, it is evident that these would not allow that "perfect vertical rooll", since they would displace the axis of the airplane, of the trajectory that follows the airplane (and this would be appreciated in the end of the wing).

Regards: Delfin[video=youtube_share;li3vF3XQesQ]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]