Posts by delfinpm

@Delfin: Your current computer configuration is NOT suitable for running Aerofly in VR mode. Keep in mind that besides a fast 3D card you also need two high speed USB 3.0 connections. So to run VR you basically need a complete new PC.

VR works fine on Windows 7 or higher, our tests show no issues with Windows 7.

Thank you very much "IPACS Support". Frankly, this time I did not expect an answer from you, let alone claiming that VR works well on Windows 7. I thank you most especially for this last statement, because I am in love with these W.7, and in principle, I would not want to say goodbye to that O.S.

At the moment and against all that the official estates affirm, it seems that there are certain doubts about the "W.10", that do not work at all well. Some time ago, they tried to move me from W.7 to W.8. I refused because I was not completely sure of those windows, but I was pretty sure that the W 7 worked wonderfully. Time was right. Now, something like W.10 could happen.

I may or may not, trust some colleagues, who sometimes make more or less bold statements and without the necessary verifications, (I may have also done them sometime), but in you (IPACS Support), I trust completely, because you have the tools, experience, and above all, the ability to prove what you claim.

Everything that I have been told from the beginning, (which I had certain problems to start playing), has been rigorously true, and that proves without error, what I described in the previous paragraph.

My current PC, was built 3 years ago by a professional. I want to transform it into a new PC, and with the minimum expense, to have the best benefits. These were the changes I wanted to make:

1º) -Processor AMD FX 8350, 4 Mhz.
    2) Graphics Card AMD Radeon RX 480, 8 GB.
    3) - Two high speed USB 3.0 connections.

I ask your opinion: is it enough, or do you advise me something different?

I repeat: I am very, very grateful for all your clarification

Kind regards,
    Delfin

For "jk1895"

I've almost always used AMD components and I plan to continue to do so. Now for VR, (and after receiving your two communications), I was thinking of an FX 8350 (4 Ghz.) Processor and Radeon 480, 8 GB graphics card. What do you think of these components?

You said wait for the "AMD Ryzen" to arrive; I do not follow excessively the development of these components, and from your observation, I deduce that, is not there currently AMD Ryzen ?. If it does not exist, do you have any forecast of its appearance in the market ?. What is special about this AMD Ryzen processor?

Again, thanks for your comments Again, thanks for your comments.
    Regards,
    Delfin

Thanks "k4stn", your information (the link you have provided me) is frankly valuable, it is extraordinary because of the information provided by Oculus. I find that link very useful.

Thanks to that link and after the verification that the program has made of my PC, it indicates to me, that are insufficient, both the processor and the graphics card, something that I already assumed. According to that test of Oculus analyzing my PC, the rest of the components are enough to see correctly, VR.

Thanks to you also "jk1895", I appreciate your point of view too, but I'm sure you exaggerate. I have read many opinions provided in the forum our colleagues and, none has claimed for example that the GTX 1080 graphics card is not powerful enough. From the result of the verification described in the previous paragraph, by the program of Oculus, it would only need to replace the processed and the graphic card. Do not you agree, "jk1895"?

I repeat, both thank you very much for your opinions and points of view.

Regards,
    Delfin

Another questions:

I have a PC, whose basic characteristics are these:

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965- 3.4 Ghz.
    Motherboard Asus M5-A78LM-LX
    Memory Ram Kingston 8Gb. DDR3
    Seagate 1 TB Hard Drive
    Graphics ATi Radeon 7750 with 2Gb.
    LG DVD-RW
    Monitor LG or Samsung HD Led 22 "
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Currently, with monitor vision, the operation of Aerofly FS-2 is reasonably good. I want to go to VR, well, with Oculus Rift, or HTC Vive.
    In your opinion, can this PC that I have described give me a reasonably good vision in VR, or not? If not, which components do you suggest I replace?
    Regards,
    Delfin

Again with you, Overloaded; (Well, I do not exclude anyone who wants to answer me):

In my previous communications, I asked about the possibility of controlling the power of the motors SIMULTANEOUSLY, either with the joystick lever, or with two keys (one to increase power and one to decrease it).

What I wanted to ask you, was not simultaneously, but ALTERNATIVELY; That was precisely my question. Naturally, I suppose it will not be possible either.

Well, that question made it because if possible, I would be more comfortable piloting, especially in the landings. Also, as I suppose you know, Microsoft's game had exactly those possibilities: power with the joystick lever, and, ALTERNATIVELY, with the keys, F1 to F4 (both inclusive).

Regards,

For Overloaded

Excuse me, for not answering your last communication. Completely agree with everything you express there. I assume that each person will assign each piloting function to the key or button that is more ergonómic and comfortable. I will continue to use F2, for the reverse, since I have been doing it for years with the Microsoft game and I find it very comfortable.

Once again, and because of the many help you have given me, thank you very much
    Delfin

I want to ask you this favor, Overloaded:

I have the power of the motors assigned to the joystic lever, and I wanted to assign it also, (and simultaneously), to two keyboard keys: one to increase power and the other to decrease. With this situation, the right hand would control the plane, and with the left, the power needed to land. In this way, I find the landing easier.
    I've been trying, but I can not do it.

Two questions I ask you:

1º) .- Is this possible?
    2º) .- If so, can you explain sequentially, how is it done?

Regards,

Delfin

Ray and J van E.

I was wrong in what I explained in my last communication regarding the "F2" function with reverse action of the motors. F2 did not activate the reverse because it was not configured. The game of Microsoft, was configured by default, and I assumed that in this game, would also come by default, and I was wrong. I apologize for my last publication. I have configured it and, of course, it works correctly.

I apologize to you, and thank you very much for your efforts.
    Delfin

Ray and J van E.

We are not understanding. Forget the "transparency options". No problem

Regarding the reverse of the engines at the time of landing, I repeat: the funtion key "F2" don work in this game (at least on my computer). Are not you confusing with the Microsoft Flight Simulatoir FSX game?. In that game, F2, performs that function.

I have among others, that game (in all its versions) for more than 20 years, therefore, I know what is the reverse (braking of the plane with the engine itself). Attached image upload of Microsoft F.S. With the engine in braking action (reverse).

I repeat: on my computer, "F2" does not work, and I do not think it is due to some configuration error on the computer.

Regards,
    Delfin

Thanks Ray for your reply, but "F2" (reverse power engines = reverse) does not work. The brakes were assigned to the key "B" and work. You also tell me to use "RT", until the plane slows down to about 30 kts. Nor does RT work. Well, as you know, pressing "T" (with or without the R) changes the time of day.

Regarding the numbers contained in the icon in the corner below and to the right to program the flights, I had already discovered it, but I assumed that it could increase its size and intensity in color. They are overly transparent and difficult to see.

The sequence that I asked for was: Settings -> General -> Transparency of control elements -> [low-high]

I am waiting to see if anyone can tell me how to activate the reverse engines.

Thank you very much for your help:

Delfin

You, Jet-Pack, literally said this to me:
    • The overlay is what is in the bottom right corner (shortcuts to the individual views), and there is a setting for its transparency.
    Can you describe the sequence of the adjustment of these bars to modify that transparency, and if possible, make larger numbers and visible?
    For example: Settigns ---> Controls ---> USB Game Controllers -> Icon calibration joystick .... etc.

And the same I ask you to get the same effect in the virtual cockpit?

Your Dave, you did very well on 05-02; If you read this, could you do it?

The second (simpler) question that I ask, (to anyone) is this:

Some one can inform me what key should I click to invest (reverse) the engine push and brake the aircraft in the landing ?.

I have read the manual very carefully, but I can not find what I am looking for. Sure, because there are updates in the game, which have not yet been included in the manual, and I guess this is what I look for, is one of those updates.

Jet-Pack, you did not send me that picture I asked for, I guess you can not; If someone wants to do it, I would like to receive it.

I was going to answer by the morning, but I did not. Now in the afternoon, I found the image sent by Overloaded. I appreciate it, but this I already knew, it is a matter of zooming and sacrificing the external view. Well, it is very evident, that at the moment (at least, while the game is in early access phase), I will have to get used to this limitations.

Thank you all for your help.
    Regards:
    Delfin

My resolution is 1920 x 1080 and the info bar at the top (I assume you mean the virtual cockpit), is unchanged in size, and its numbers too small. Regarding P.F.D. , It zooms in ("Z" key), but by much zoom, it is almost impossible to read, and if we zoom in a lot, we lose most of the outside visibility.

What is the size of your monitor?

Another small problem to solve: the icon in the lower right corner of the screen, when deployed, appear small squares within which we have the parameters to program navigation: altitude, heading, speed, etc. Well, those numbers and the concept they represent are even harder to see, (both because of its size and its faint and diffuse color that is very little intense) than those of the virtual cockpit. And if everything else requires a modification, the latter require even more, because they are almost invisible, and it is necessary to really approach the screen to see it correctly, every time we want to schedule a flight.

As a final synthesis, I affirm the following: For the control of the airplane in flight, especially in the landings, I had some difficulty in how small the numbers were mentioned, but with the happy discovery of virtual HUD (large), I have that problem resolved. In my opinion, including in the game, that graphic and numerical concept, has been an absolutely brilliant idea. Congratulations to the designers !. Now I just want you to change the numbers related to the flight schedule (lower right corner of the screen).

Could you please leave in this forum this same image of your game ?. Make sure that the icons of the virtual cockpit are activated, and also, the bottom right corner to see the numbers of the flight schedule; (and do not activate virtual UHD). I want to see the image and compare it.

Tank you
    Delfin

Thanks Ray, I had not discovered this icon, in fact, perhaps for the reason that I have been exposing repeatedly; These 3 icons in this lower corner of the screen, I had not seen them, and the fundamental reason is that, the lines that define it are so thin, that it is not easy to see it (and it is impossible, if previously not activated condition of overlay.) You will agree with me that when you activate this icon, a series of squares are displayed within which are those fundamental parameters to program the flight: (altitude, course, speed, etc.) Are almost invisible, unless you get too close to the screen.

Thanks also to you, "J van E"; You are right. The key to the overlap of green lines and numbers on the airplane (inside the cockpit or out of it) is the key "H". This activates and deactivates the digital HUD, but I had no idea, and accidentally activated it and, also involuntarily deactivated it.
    When I started flying in this game, that key was not activated. Subsequently appeared those numbers and green stripes, which indicated basic parameters, and I assumed it was an update in the game, but, as they disappeared, was the reason why I asked in the forum.

And the same I say to you, Jeff: thank you very much for all the doubts that you have clarified to me from the beginning. After reading your two communications yesterday, today, I was going to send these two images to indicate graphically what I was referring to. But I have already seen that you have already deduced by my description. I can also add that the overlap of the digital HUD, over the cockpit, or outside on the plane, I think is a great idea, because without effort, gives you a very perfect view of the situation of the plane at all times.

Regardless of all the above and described, I keep thinking this:

1º) .- They are very small P.F.D. Of the cockpit, and very, very small parameters that are there (almost invisible). Likewise, all the other instruments that are there.
    2º) .- All the numbers (parameters) of the "virtual cotpit" (top screen) are very small.
    3º) .- They are very small numbers displayed icon that I have discovered today, thanks to your indications. These suggestions I make, I hope the future will be modified and improved. Now to see the "digital HUD on the plane" again, it gives me a remarkable satisfaction in the flight.
    To all three for that effort, again, thank you very much.
    Delfin

I was not sure in which of the forums, it would be better to make these suggestions to the designers of Aerofly FS-2. I am very glad that you are a mediator and also, give me this advice (where I should publish preferentially).

I have also read, in "Stem Discussions" your answer and clarifications on the simulator, and I thank you.
    What I intend, you ask? I suppose it is quite clear in my publication: that as far as possible, those concepts listed in my publication are improved. Naturally, I am very aware of the amount of work that designers have in this development phase of the game, and I can not wait for them to improve immediately, but little by little, they can improve those concepts.

And of course one of the ones that I would like to improve, is the size of the numbers (parameters) of the "virtual cockpit" at the top, that can be activated by key "I" that provides us flight information.

Any user of Aerofly fs-2, can post to that specific sub-forum for suggestions?. Under what circumstances is it recommended? Can you send me the address, or web. of its sub-forum?

I have a curiosity: these past days, they appeared around the plane and also inside the cockpit, big numbers and green color (flight parameters, etc). They were by their status and size, a magnificent source of information for the pilot. Now they are gone. I ask you: what is the meaning of this short duration of these parameters in the game?
    Once again, thank you very much for your help and clarification.
    Delfin

Thank you again Jeff, for that magnificent wish of yours to me.
    The same I say "overloaded" and, ... you will have to give me a little more time to discover the interesting places of that city.
    One of the aspects that amaze me, are the enormous dimensions of Central Park. Such a large area dedicated to park, in the place, where each square meter of surface must cost a fortune, is something admirable in the managers of that city, and that maintain that attitude, year after year, and decade after decade, is something which impresses me extraordinarily.
    Of course, I have already communicated to the AeroflyFS-2 Support team, that I can already fly over that big city.

I wanted to ask another favor, this is: I want to communicate to the designers of the FS-2 game, to make some elementary modifications in the current simulator, in order to make it more comfortable to fly and navigate, for us users who have bought that game in "early access". Can you give me the address (or e.mail) of the designers of Aerofly FS2, to send then these suggestions ?. I suppose it will be better, than posting them only in the forum. Although I also have to publish these suggestions in this forum.
    I await your advice. Sincerely.
    Delfin

Flying again over New York
    Investigating about the sequence that you had provided (that in my Steam is not possible to follow), fighting and fighting; in the end, I came to the two images that I put in the forum. Well, thanks to those manipulations and several clicks, in several points, in the end, I found that appeared New York in the game.

Basically, this I got (and I do not know how), thanks to look for the routes that you, Dave, had described to me. In good part, yours is the merit.

I was convinced that the file was not deleted or corrupted, but it was a configuration problem, some involuntary click that I did without knowing where, and the same thing happened, in the repair of this problem.

This problem has caused me a certain discomfort, not because of the problem itself, but because it has appeared and disappeared without knowing the cause, and that, was very important for me, and also for the colleagues who tried to help me in the solution. Sometimes in life, these strange things happen, and this was one of them.

To you, Dave, Jeff, "overloaded", and all who collaborated, thank you for your intense and continued effort in solving this problem.

My previous problem (the first one I had completely at the beginning), were disturbances on the images of the airplanes. You, "overloaded", had suggested to me, the problem was the "graphics card driver". You were right, that was the problem. Updated this, problem solved.

Again, thank you very much for your help.
    Delfin

Since we are not able to solve this problem, I have resorted to support-de@aerofly.com>

Exposing this problem. Now I finish receiving this answer:

Dear Sir,

the screenshot looks like a incomplete installation. Flying over NewYork you should see the Skyline.

- Please check the installation via the Steam client (Library / Games /AeroflyFS2 and DLC) There must be the status "installed"

- Please check the free memory space. The Aerofly FS2 needs 110 GB with DLCs Switzerland and NewYork

- Please also check the folder

C://Program(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/AeroflyFS2/scenery/images
    on you hard disk drive. Do you see a 14 GB large folder "switzerland"?
    ----------------------------------

I will answer (in red), to each of your suggestions, interspersing my answer to your suggestions and comments.

Dear Sir,

the screenshot looks like a incomplete installation. Flying over NewYork you should see the Skyline.

- Please check the installation via the Steam client (Library / Games /AeroflyFS2 and DLC) There must be the status "installed"

Well, you can see the image # 1 (shows that they are installed correctly)

- Please check the free memory space. The Aerofly FS2 needs 110 GB with DLCs Switzerland and NewYork

Well, you can see the image # 1 (shows that they are installed correctly)

I have not downloaded Switzerland, and currently the game occupies 98,37 GB. in hard disk.
    I have free on hard disk = 178 GB.

- Please also check the folder

Replying to this question, you can see the image # 2 again

C://Program(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/AeroflyFS2/scenery/images
    on you hard disk drive. Do you see a 14 GB large folder "switzerland"?

I have checked this route and apparently everything is fine
    I repeat: I have not downloaded Switzerland

I have not found anything unusual, except that by clicking on the round white icon in the lower left of the screen, in the "LOCATION" option, that icon, neither write the name of the airport, nor draw the small rectangle that represents the Corresponding runways. The other three icons work correctly.

Well, let's see if tomorrow they will answer me with something better.
    P.D. The images referred here, are the last two in this forum.

I am very grateful "whitav8" for your continued effort in solving this problem.
    Delfin

Absolutely brilliant your description, "whitav8". The problem with which I found, was in the translation of the concepts of Steam, to the Spanish. Thanks to your description, I already found the route ..

And continuing with the problem, suggest me, recommend me, add new folder and reinstall the game in that folder?

Thanks Dave, drhotwing1, and all of you who are helping me. I liked your sequence to look for what could have been lost or corrupted, that is, this sequence:

Steam-> Settings-> Downloads-> Steam Library Folders and ADD Library Folder to get it back

But, the Steam that I have installed, (very recently, and therefore I know little) is in Spanish and I can not find your exact sequence. That is: click Steam -> Sttings, (Ajustes in Spanish) and they do not exist, neither Settings nor Ajustes).
    The sequence that I find would be: Steam -> Library -> Games -> detailed view --Search for more DLC in the store. The ones I show in images 1 and 2 appear.

Dave, could you elaborate, extend that search a little more on Steam ?. Do you do it in normal mode, or the Big picture mode?
    I think there has been a configuration error or set up, because the white icon that writes the names of the airports and traces the runways does not work.
    For all your help, thank you very much. Special thanks to you, drhotwing1, for your efforts in analyzing the situation. No, it's not the windows, these are updated.
    Delfin.