Posts by KenR297

Yup, that's about what I get as well. I do know that JV over at orbx mentioned the hd sizes needed to make a worldwide scenery coverage at a higher resolution, (about the same as FS9) but his numbers seemed a bit optimistic.

I suspect it would be ginormous, but I think many of us would go for it, especially if we could download state by state or country by country.

This... I think most users would love to have higher res base scenery of their country or continent, and be able to selectively download just that area. For example, I would be more than happy to have a 100GB base scenery of the U.S., and then add the hi-res additions as they become available. I don't need Africa, or Asia or South America, etc, i.e. I don't need the entire world at 1m resolution. I do believe eventually this will happen for AFS2, we just need to be patient, hard as that is sometimes. :)

Sorry, if our answer disappoints you. But I am sure you will stick with Aerofly for some more time, as we probably publish enough stuff, just in time, to keep you interested ;)

Also, you should at least wait for LOWI, as this is a whole new world...

Personally, as someone who mostly enjoys low and slow VFR flight, I am more than happy with the current state of planes and system functions. I do understand the need many have for deeper system integration and some other features they have been waiting for, and will eventually get, but I am most interested in seeing a steady flow of scenery region addons. Keep em coming on a regular basis, and I will be a happy simmer... :)

Exciting times for Flight Simulator enthusiasts :)

As for the communication from our side: The marketing of Dovetail is impressive for sure, and after reading this, one surely wants to try the new simulator. But to be honest, this type of communication is not our style. I think we have made enough statements on what to expect from Aerofly in the future, so I am not sure what else we should communicate here. If you expect weekly updates or news, we simply cannot do this. What we can say is, that we are busy on multiple construction sides: New airplanes, increased system depth, new features. I know we are too quiet for some users, but its just the way we work and it has proven to be good for us as it does not put too much pressure on our workflow.

Works for me... :)

Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this along as there may be an underlying problem that's causing this anomaly.

KenR297, there is already a public beta channel that you can opt into, this is the channel that receives updates that users can test and provide feedback.

Strange... started sim a short time ago to test the tree issue and this time did not see any anomalies. Don't know what to think about that but glad the issues aren't there now. I'll report back if I see them again...

Jeff, I am already in the beta channel... is there a specific forum for that? I'm not quite sure what you're telling me here.

Ken

I also had this problem today ( I have an Nvidia 1050ti 4gb); my tree setting was on low to minimize trees on highways. When I switched my setting to medium and went back to sim problem was resolved. I'll see what happens when I start sim again.

The download issue should be fixed now. For some reason the Hi Res texture pack DLC still included old files.

I can confirm issues are now fixed; Version 2.0.1 EA4.10 20170406 (128077MB in files, which is approx. 8gb larger than it was).

FYI, I have an Nvidia 1050ti 4mb and latest drivers.

BTW, thanks to IPACS for this new DLC; it's beautiful country and will be a pleasure to fly over. Great job...

No files are broken, it just seems the Steam client is getting confused for some reason. For now the safest thing to do is completely uninstall and then reinstall Aerofly FS 2. It doesn't look like a bug on our side.

This seems a little extreme... why not just issue an update that totally replaces all of the Monument Valley files with files IPACS is sure are good? A complete reinstall of 120 gb of data seems unnecessary for a problem with such a small area.

Switched over to public_beta build, problems around Monument Valley still exist. Program files were updated when I switched, and then once again did a new d/l of new DLC.

Checked out NYC, no problems there at all, so can't guess what happened to OP's files re: NY.

Thank you, Jeff. I will switch to the public beta build.

For those who may be interested, there is another "easter egg" around Moab. If you're familiar with Arches National Park, you'll know what to look for... have fun!

OK yes, the version information is important here as I've performed a considerable amount of testing on the "public_beta" build and i'm not seeing anything out of place at all. There was one missing tile at the end of the runway at Monument Valley Airport but that's all that I've seen at this point.

Is anyone else seeing any of these issues described in this thread?

Yes, at Monument Valley north of the runway I too have the yellow tile, plus it looks like west of the airport there is a significantly larger section of yellow tile that does "fix" itself as you approach it ( a mip-map error perhaps?). I haven't tried the NYC scenery since the update (having to much fun in Utah...). My version is 2.0.1 EA 4.08 (20170403), and build number is 1732116.

Should we be on the public_beta build? Also, I have unchecked the Utah DLC and let it download again, just for your information.