Posts by Jetjockey10

Last year I tried to add airports in Norway above the 60th parallel and was able to add a few but as I went further North I got a series of weird and distracting vertical lines from the surface to infinity.

Regards,

Ray

Seems to look and fly correctly but solid prop needs correction. Seems like Jeff said IPACS was aware and a fix was in work. This was several months ago. Where are we today?

Regards,

Ray

I redownloaded the SDK and Workshop files and ran the converter again and now all is well in the Aircraft Selection view - Propeller looks normal.

So, if you have this problem, you may be able to fix it by simply downloading the SDK and DR400 Workshop files and running the converter.

Regards,

Ray

I know of two models being developed by the user community. One for us low and slow flyers that long for the good ole days of fabric and small Continental engines and one for us flyers that long for the Mach meter and like to run around like our hair is on fire shooting flames out the back end. Both could be released in a matter or weeks or maybe months but from reading the forums the developers post pictures of them flying these wonderful new creations in AFS2.

Out there in the wind is an old timer from the very early IPACS days that has enough personal designs to fill a large museum and he recently bought AF2 during the last Christmas sale. There are no hints at when he might release some of these beauties for our shared pleasure, but, you can drool through Krzysk's collection in this post. Some developments

The first one mentioned above , a bright yellow one being built by Kai, is a Buecker 181 Bestmann / Gomhouria MK.6 with astounding detail and can be seen in this post. Buecker 181 Bestmann / Gomhouria MK.6

The high and fast one is none other than the Super Starfighter and can be followed by reading the exchanges between Steve and Jan here. F104G Starfighter

Regards,

Ray

Roy, I should mention that you need to follow the link within the link of Krzysztof's collection. This is an absolutely mind boggling collection ranging from gliders to jets, cars to aircraft carriers, and complex sceneries. I have personally flown (in the real world) a handful or more of his designs so I am eager to see them start to arrive in Aerofly FS2.

What am I doing wrong? I unzipped the file into F:\Program Files (x86)\aerofly RC 7\aircraft\do27 (with AFS2 closed). When I start up AFS2 I don't see the Do27 in the Aircraft selection.

Roy, that location is not the correct place. It should be in your Users\RoyP\documents\Aerofly FS2\Aircraft folder.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Jan

I have noticed none of the aircraft have sounds for gear travel, flaps and speedbrakes, can I assume this is not possible.

Steve

Didn't someone add Cessna gear and flap movement sounds to some of the planes last year? It may have been in the 3rd party sound package. Anyway, I sure do miss those sounds. I remember making the comment that I did not know Cessna even knew how to make a quiet flap motor. I have owned a lot of Cessnas over the years and they all seem to have the same sound whether is was a C150 or C210.

Regards,

Ray

I do it that way as a normal method. I let the pc crunch at night for the level 14 and 15 areas. When I wake up I come in an see if I see something green on the screen then go make coffee if using the GeoConverter. For AeroScenery it usually is well behaved when left alone to produce the very high res files.

Regards,

Ray

I was thinking of another cook book tutorial for AeroScenery as my "Cultivation the simple way" has been so well received.

If there is any interest then I will have a go.

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Not intended to discourage you but, keep in mind that AeroScenery is being upgraded at this time. There is an existing "how to" out there already for the existing beta version.

Regards,

Ray

Hello Roy,

I asked this exact question in January 2017 and got a bit of double talk from IPACS. Something along the lines of the engine sounds do not change due to the constant speed props, which is total bs.

Good to see you back on the forum.

Check out the user-built Dornier 27 STOL. Put some big oversized Alaskan tires on this one and it will do nicely as a back country plane in lieu of the Carbon Cub. Fun plane. Short run, climbs like an elevator. Nice handling qualities.

https://flight-sim.org/filebas…/171-dornier-27-casa-127/

Regards,

Ray

Much better manners with the update. Looks like several points have been adjusted. CG is greatly improved, flaps have better travel, Trim is spot on. I seem to reach full power at around 50% indicated.

Does the constant speed prop work?

Regards,

Ray

The gauges need some alignment adjustment with the panel holes..

I suggest you check with Jet-Pack for possible CG adjustments. I have no idea about his workload on the weekends but, he is the resident expert for the tmd.

Regards,

Ray

krzysk,

Welcome to AFS2. That link in your initial post reveals a real treasure of exciting aircraft. Looks like there may be something for everyone there. I would be especially interested in seeing some of them flying in AFS2, even though they might needs some eventual improvements to some of the systems. Our resident genius and guru - Jan - seems to have working answers to all design questions, He is evidently not only fluent in German and English but also in Tmd'ish.

May I suggest something small for the initial test - say the BD-5J - which I have some real time in the cockpit. The Cessna 170 would make a big hit with the off-road crowd.

Regards,

Ray

Your yellow cub flying with New York City out the window is very exciting. Just the though of a Cub flying in AFS2 gives up hope.

Regards,

Ray

Here is a good article on rebuilding a PA-11.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-…pilot/big-sky-cub-special

What aircraft is this?

Regards,

Ray

Jim Marske's Pioneer 3. 15 meter Sport Sailplane. I failed to search deep enough.

Designed by Krzysztof and fine-tuned by Jet-Pack. Looks like this might possibly be a slam dunk for porting over from AFS.

I see that I am number 35 to download these Ch Landing Places. Although I have thousands of logged hours, I have never landed on a glacier or a mountain airstrip. I flew mostly in the Southwest USA and have landed on many sand bars, grass pastures and makeshift runways so I look forward to landing and takeoff on ice and snow.

How about the community rank these new landing area starting with their most favorite. 1. 2. 3. 8)

Regards,

Ray