Posts by Jetjockey10

I woke up in the middle of the night and completed the FSET scenery for the St. Petersbugh/Tampa area. A quick look at the cultivation showed practically 100% red roof tops.

This begs the question. Do we have various texture folders for different parts of the world, or maybe just different parts of the country?

Regards,

Ray

I copied the textures folder from the South Florida DLC over and replaced the textures that arrived with the fsCloudPort airport file (mostly bright red roofs). The new roof colors are now a very pleasing mix of whiteish, grayish, pinkish and light orangeish colors. Nice and easy fix.

Regards,

Ray

What size area is in your source file? It may be too big if it is running that long. Some users have reported missing cultivation when the source area is too big. I use a level 10 sized area and use the "Image tile co-ordinates" utility created by Qwerty42 to give me the area for the OpenStreetMap co-ordinates. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv3c…gridcoords_v1.6.xlsm?dl=1

Hello Chris,

That is probably correct - my selected area is most likely too large. The ScenPro completed the calculations in 5 1/2 hours and generated a 2.5 GB toc file. The scenery was processed using FSET 1 dl at 9 - 14 using Google from a couple a months ago - not the latest edition that we got 2 weeks ago.

Here are 3 screenshots taken when overflying a golf course near Cape Coral, Florida. See attachments for map coverage area and ScenPro numbers. The osm map file size is 615 MB and the toc is 2.5 GB.

I took screenshots of the ScenPro output and processing data. I can send that to you in a conversation if you would like to see it.

Regards,

Ray

Chris,

Maybe you can overlay the suggested level 10 grid size on the map coverage screenshot that I attached above and I can use that as a guide for future map areas.

Regards,

Ray

Ray, you may be able to hide the DLC cultivation if you browse the CULTIVATION folder mentioned in this post that shows you the toc anchor points ...

AeroScenery - What Next?

I gave it a try but could not figure out how to narrow it down to that area. Even If I could find the block, I'm not sure how to add an exclusion for just the small airport and have the rest unaffected.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Ray

Well, not exactly hidden, just not advertised. This is Willis Gliderport, FA44, a very nice E/W 4,200 x 150 ft. real world getaway found about halfway between Boca Raton and West Palm Beach in the town of Boynton Beach. It is off the beaten path out West of the Florida Turnpike on the eastern edge of Uncle Arthur's Loxahatchee Natl Wildlife Refuge. This is a ready-made grass runway with just about everyone in the neighborhood owning something that you can fly. 67 total aircraft based here, 58 singles, 2 twins, 3 choppers, 3 gliders, and an ultralight. Not bad for only having 50 something houses.

Part of the unadvertised bonus cultivation that extends several miles north of Opa Locka airport that includes all the major airports including Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach Intl., Boca Raton also includes this little gem.

I was working my way south from Pratt and Whitney adding airports using fsCP when I stumbled onto Willis Gliderport. The bad part of the good and the bad is the cultivation for the houses and hangars is just too commercial for many of the hangars and some of the larger houses. The good news is we can use fsCP to add some good looking HD houses and smaller neighborhood hangars. It just take time.

Of course, none of these changes are actually necessary to enjoy the airport - other than upgrading the basic scenery to a higher resolution,

Maybe someone can figure out how to exclude the DLC provided cultivation for just this small area and we can be free to add back some of the really nice fsCP houses and buildings. I have worked at co-existing with what comes with the South Florida dlc cultivation to hide the view of some of the commercial buildings with fsCP available stuff. I have only worked on the North side of the runway so far, but it is very promising.

I used FSET -1 dl to make a level 15 small rectangle (2 ar) for the immediate area. I created FA44 using fsCloudPort and I just keep adding and twisting and turning the houses and hangars to fit. Phil’s easy-to-use fsCP makes it easy to add, change, and delete the custom houses and hangars.

Here is what it is looking like while in work. When I get to a good place to pause the work, I will upload it to Higgy’s off-site download site. I think I can include the full package including the upgraded scenery along with a link to Phil's fsCP to grab all the houses and buildings. Of course you will need to own Jeff's South Florida dlc, but everyone I know already has it. 8o

Regards,

Ray

Fly by heading east towards the water

short final for 27 - houses on the right are upgraded

fly by runway 9 looking at Boynton Beach

I still have KFLL, Exec, Boca and a few other airports to add yet.

Absolutely. You can just point your airplane in any direction and fly until you get there. Or better yet, make a flight plan from an airport in Utah to an airport in Colorado. You can make a flight plan and fly from say San Diego to New York City if your like. I like to fly from Denver to Miami.

Remember you can use the Location screen to place your aircraft any place on Earth. Be sure to zoom in to see the airports when you move around the world though.

Regards,

Ray

Regards,

Ray

This is getting better by the minute. When I was working with cultivation for New Orleans several months ago there was absolutely nothing within couple of miles of the airport. The East side and central business district was loaded with houses and buildings but at one of the major North/south street it just died when looking towards the airport. Must have been some sort of database glitch.

I will look at it again today. Thanks for the special work guys.

Regards,

Ray

Wow. Absolutely mind blowing potential here. I guess the big advantage is the final product will generate a recognizable airport with the correct runways, ramps, taxiways, terminals, etc. How exciting. Thanks for the early look.

Regards,

Ray

A good test might be LAX, Denver, Miami or JFK. All of these have IPACS' best work for large airports so you could compare your project output with the existing DLC airports when running AFS2. Of course, the Orbx version of Chicago never made it to the download desk.

Regards,

Ray

New version of the template with the following enhancements:-

. Modified industrial building height for greater realism as industrial building floor heights are generally greater than other building types.
    . Modified apartments, residential, office, commercial and retail to use building_level only where that value exists in the source file.
    . Added additional code lines for apartments, residential, office, commercial and retail to create random floor levels for larger buildings with no building_level value. This change had a big impact on the city and suburban realism.
    . Modified visuals for larger residential buildings to provide some variety to residential & apartment high rises overall.
    . Set default to comment out SplitGrid command as running time penalty is smaller than I thought.

It will be interesting to see if the code can be refined and fine-tuned to create some "almost instant 3d buildings mixed with houses and hangars" like a small military base. I am thinking something like the Marine Base on Oahu at Kaneohe Bay. Here we have some large older style hangars, some semi-modern multistory buildings, some typical storage tanks and a fairly large family housing area with single family houses, duplexes and quadraplexes.

Wouldn't it be great to have something that the user can create or download without having 3 or 4 support programs and learning how to use each one and how they feed each other?

Regards,

Ray

Hey gang,

I just tried to download ver 2.0.0.0 of ScenProc and got errors. It appears there is not a radio button selection for Aerofly FS2. Can someone post a link for the version you are using here.

win10 i7 8700 1080 Ti

Regards,

Ray

This stuff is really encouraging and will probably be the “next big thing” in flight Simulation.

If someone would like to try their hand at building a city center cultivation file for the masses I purpose New Orleans, Louisiana with the original Superdome, now Mercedes Superdome.

The primary flight path to Louis Armstrong International airport is directly over the central business district.

Regards,

Ray

Aircraft = One of these ...

Scenery = any place that has a hangar where I can fly this through it like James Bond did

I have some time in the BD-5J. Had Bob Bishop painted on the fuselage but when he failed to show, I got the seat. Long time ago. A good friend bought a crashed one and had it rebuilt. After his 2nd flameout he sold the wreckage to someone and it was flying again about 10 years later as the Coors Silver Bullet. Small world.

I never got to fly (thank goodness) the prop version.

Regards,

Ray