Posts by Jetjockey10

Yes, you need to download the new SDK, uninstall the aircraft converter, reinstall the aircraft converter, and rerun the DR400 conversion using the new SDK

Jeff,

I am confused, as normal. Is the SDK Tools and SDK the same file?

I have downloaded the SDK Tools and the Aircraft Workshop DR400 and unzipped them. Next I need to deleted the old DR400 and delete the existing Aircraft Converter program?

Regards,

Ray

Ray did you say neither the screen or buttons light? I have never seen that only a dead screen, also I'm not certain but I think I first used the codelegend program with win 7.

If you try that program again where it says "Power down the PC and all USB deices" at that point i have found it best to remove the power supply and unplug the usb device for a minute or so.

Mick

I will do some more testing. I’m thinking about ug the win7 to win10 but I have put that off for such a long time. It will take a year to get all the drivers ug. Ugh.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray did you say neither the screen or buttons light? I have never seen that only a dead screen, also I'm not certain but I think I first used the codelegend program with win 7.

If you try that program again where it says "Power down the PC and all USB deices" at that point i have found it best to remove the power supply and unplug the usb device for a minute or so.

Mick

I followed your advice and had dark buttons and dark display box except for the dim background light at the edge of the display box indicating power was on. I then reran the codelegend and used a Belkin powered usb hub and ALT and VS came up in the display but still dark buttons and no changes - just static ALT and VS.

I am using usb 2.0. Do you think usb 3.0 would make any difference? Opinion on using a powered usb hub?

I don't know if the problem is the lack of enough power for the usb or just a dorked up Microsoft usb power management.

Regards,

Ray

Well, I gave up on the win 7. I checked and the free upgrade to win 10 pro is still active at Microsoft. I am downloading the upgrade now. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Ray

Hi

I would like to ask, have enyone of you any experience in using Saitek panel with FS 2 on Mac?

Sorry, not me.

Regards,

Ray

Do we have any AFS2 users that have the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel working correctly with lights and displays when using win7 /64? Obviously the Logitech Support tech that I was assigned is totally clueless and keeps recommended really off the wall things to try.

My best guess is the problem lies in the way Microsoft handles the usb power and on / off of the usb ports. Win10 works perfectly and win7 / 64 sends the signals but is basically a dark unit.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Mick.

That did not fix the display or button lights. The codelegend program states that the multi panel is fixed but the text discusses some other problem than the display not working and the buttons not lighting up. The multi panel seems to work as far as features are concerned just no lights (other than HDG being displayed anytime the sim is running.

Still looking for a win 7 64 fix.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks a million. I will give this a try today. I haven’t powered up my Multi, Switch, or Radio Panels for several months.

Do you have the Backlit Instrument Panel for annunciation?

Regards,

Ray

Following the video to reset the APM for win 10 worked for the multi panel. Everything displays properly now on my win 10 VR PC.

Now, if I can just find something similar to fix the multi panel for my win 7 /64 PC. The problem is evidently getting windows USB port settings just right when using Aerofly SF2.

Thanks for posting the video.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks a million. I will give this a try today. I haven’t powered up my Multi, Switch, or Radio Panels for several months.

Do you have the Backlit Instrument Panel for annunciation?

Regards,

Ray

What exactly is not working? You need to fix the display of the autopilot, it is a registry entry . But beside of that, everything is working, as long as the models are implementing the features.

can you show me how to fix the display of the Autopilot in the registry?

Regards,

Ray

It seems a bit odd to me that on the features main page here on the official site they advertise the Saitek multi, switch and radio panels as compatible with AF2 even with pitures of the devices and everything yet it obviously is not fully compatible from the forum posts I have read here and elsewhere.

Mike

Not even close.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks lw36. Something similar worked for me. I added the path to my library.

Regards,

Ray

duh. Not sure. I will check the default location. Thanks.

Ray

Now I remember the problem. The screenshots stored using IPACS location are bmp files and are typically 10 MB each. Screenshots stored by Steam are jpegs and are about 1/10th that size.

Is there a method to choose jpeg or png rather than the default bmp? 10 MB per images tends to make take a large chunk of storage space.

Regards,

Ray