Posts by Sparrow

I'm not a real pilot. I flew two times with a C172, one time I had control. So I don't have much experience. But I know a Cessna is heavy, has a bad glide scope and I have seen how fast a Cessna can sink. Of course, you can land a C172 with throttle idle, but you can do this also with C172 in AFS2.

I fly Aerofly RC7 too, the software FS1 and FS2 is based on. I had always the feeling that the planes are too much depending of the thrust. The glide scope is too bad without thrust. This is only my feeling, based on my experience with real RC model flying, but I can be wrong. On the other hand it confirms your observation.

I think there are good and experienced pilots in this forum, who can rate it better. :):):):)

Aerofly FS2 is not finish yet. Many thing are missing, but IPACS working hard to improve and complete it step by step. We all have to be patient.

At momen the mixture function works only on/off. It will work correct when the enginge simulation is improved.

A Cessna 172 fall from the sky if throttle is idle, espacially with 40° flaps, That's real. I think the simulation is correct. You have to approch with 70 knots, which needs some thrust. Don't cutting the throttle to idle on approach.

The day we see automatic ATC controlling multiplayer.... what a great day it will be! :S

When someone asks for multiplayer in flight simulation quite often the answer is that you have Vatsim, IVAO... etc. But those are quite professional online services, quite intimidating for casual flyers.

Until then we'll have to wait for ATC v1.0 to be released. :)

Real live radio is to difficult for me, especially in english. So I'm not with Vatsim. ?( May be, in the future IPCAS supports an multiplayer server with automatic ATC controlling. ;)

I use the CH Pro pedal, but I have the problem of applying both pedals equally, causing the plane to spin. That's why I assigned the right pedal to both brakes. The left pedal is unused. I think the problem is less when the pedals are working with pressure, as in the real world. That's why I'm looking for such devices. Maybe this Thrustmaser product works with pressure.

Does anyone have experience with this brake problem?

I'm with all of you. Before every flight you have to check and set the trim (all other things too). Maybe somebody else flow this aircraft in the meantime or has fiddled at the trim and so the configuration has changed. On the other hand when nobody touch the aircraft you will find the configuration as you have left it.

My solution is to save the whole configuration (loacation, weather and all other also) when the flight is quit/save and re-establish when you open the last/saved flight. When you create a new flight , the aircraft should be automatically configured/trimmed matching the situation like cruising, arrival, taxi, parking.

For beginner and just-for-fun pilots there can be additional helper functions like auto-trim, auto-start, auto-landing. This is not contradictory because it can all be done by the copilot. :);)

I'm aware about the deviation of the magnetic and true north, but I didn't expect that Skydemon shows the true track. May be later I will learn why this make sense. ;):)

By default Skydemon shows the true track, but allows to configure to display the magnetic track. With this the difference of the track to FS2 is 0 - 1 degree only. It works right.:thumbup:

Thank you for your hint.

I fly Aerofly FS2 with Skydemon. Thank you, that FS2 supports that.

I have detected that Skydemon displays a different track value depending of the location (see the pictures). For instance, the difference in Zurich is +1, that's okay, but in New York it is -15 and in Monterey +14. In the middle of the US west and east coast the difference is almost 0.

The location and heading of the displayed aircraft is always correct. Wrong is the displayed track of the left bar and of the HSI.

I don't know if it is a problem of FS2 or Skydemon. I haven't install X-Plane, so I couldn't compare.

My versions are: FS2 2.0.7.39 (20171219); Skydemon 3.9.0.0 on Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro.

The difference of some locations:

Monterey 14

Denver 9

Brazil -7

New York City -15

Islands west of Portugal -11

Portugal -3

London -3

Zurich +1

Berlin +2

It seems there is a location in US and a second location in Switzerland where the difference is zero. The bigger the distance to it, the bigger the difference. The difference is negative to the west and positive to the east.

I hope you will find the problem. Thank you.

Hi, after FS2 Update the reset function of eye tracking (Center VR View) failed. The camera position is behind the correct position and a bit to high. Pressing reset again move the camera postion forward, but still wrong. Pressing reset a third time the camera position moves to the first reset (and so on).

Additional to the FS2 update I installed Tobii GameHub. For test I deinstalled GameHub, but the problem is still there. I think, GameHub isn't the problem. I think, the FS2 Update cause the problem. You mentioned you want do some changes on Eye Tracker function. Did you?

Regards,

Gert :)

Hello, as I mentioned earlier in this thread I have bought Tobii Eye Tracer 4C and use it now.

In general it works good and I enjoy it.

It works with glasses as same good as without glasses.

Official Eye Tracker supports 30 inches monitor only, but it seems FS2 and Eye Tracker work well with my 34 inches monitor. The test application of Tobii shows the detected eye position become unaccurate in the border area.

It is not possible to mount the eye tracker device to a curved monitor with the supplied accessories. You have to find a solution for your own.

I'm a bit disappointed because the in FS2 implemented solution doesn't work as I expected. In FS2 it works like Track IR. To pan the cockpit camera you have to turn your head, instead of using your eyes. Eye tracking is almost not used in FS2. I expect the camera is paning by looking at the border, like the demo app of Tobii do it. It is unnatural to turn the head but still looking to the monitor. It is more natural to looking at the point which you want to see and when the point is outside the monitor the point is scrolling in.

Moving the head up, down, forward and backward move the camera also in these directions. That's very good. You can move closer to the panel to read and use it. Move up the head let you look over the panel to see more what is before you. Also you can move your head closer to the left window to see more of the ground.

The dead zone confuse me and I turned it off. But to use the knobs it is important that the mouse cursor stays fix over the knob, while my head is lightly moving or the turbulances shake the cockpit. The mouse cursor should always position related to the cockpit, not related to the monitor. This means, when the camera is scrolling to right, the mouse cursor moves together with the panel to left and hold the position over the knob.

I often turn my view away from the monitor to the joysticks, keyboard, or printed tutorial while flying. This let the cockpit camera pan to the maximal position to left, right or down. This is very ugly. The picture should hold the current view direction while I quck glance outside of Tobii Eye Tracker range.

The view control by buttons should be disabled when Eye Tracking is active. This means inside the cockpit off, outside the cockpit on.

Immediately after start a fly the camera position is not right. I sitting in the rear seat and have to reset the position manually.

I think eye tracking is the rigth solution for flying with monitor. It solves the old problem of the view control, but for my taste the solution has to be improve.

I'm not a VR pilot, so I'm interesting in Tobii Eye Tracker 4C. I think, FS2 supports Tobii EyeX, but doesn't supports Tobii Eye Tracker 4C, right?.

How good works this device for FS2 and has it a future? Will IPACS supports Tobii Eye Tracker 4C too?

Regards,

Gert :)

Version 20.0.1 EA4.92 (20171006)

I have the problem that the gear up/down function is not working on Boeing 737 and 747 if using it with joystick. The gear lever is always on position Off and the gear is always up independing of the joystick position. The gear automatically goes up after airborne. It looks like the gear lever move very fast up and down a very short distance only.

If no joystick acis is assigned to the gear up/down function the gear function works correct. This problem occurs with 737 and 747 only. Both aircrafts have a position Off, which is probable relevant.

Is there anybody who have this problem too?

I'm quit sure that this is problem of the FS2 software, not the installation and configuration of my controllers.

Yes, there are a lot of pilots flying with monitors, also in the future. Me too. Don't make the mistake to supports VR only. ;)

Always both, aircraft and body, is moving. Therefore it is correct to move the camera too, regarding of the physics.

On the other hand moving the picture too much, also if the physics correct, can driving the pilots sickness. So this feature is to handle carefully.

I know this feature from EZDoc. It's really nice, but in my opinion it's not a major feature. I missing a smart view control in FS2 like EZDoc and hope IPACS will add it any when. :)

I'll look into the Baron 58 more closely, could you please send me the youtube link of the video(s) in question?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I searched for "Baron 58 startup" or "Baron 58 starting engine".

That are small harmless mistakes (if one) and can be fix later. :)

I have assigned keyboard keys to aileron and ruder trim for using, but I tested also the trim knob in the cockpit of Q-400. Difficult to use during the flight and not using VR, but working. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Great! Thanks!

I had my first flights with Dash 8 Q400 and one thing which annoy me was the strong rotation around the roll axis and the turn to left during takeoff and climbing. I know the effects propeller torque and p-factor from single engine props planes, but I didn't expect it from twin engine planes.

I tested all available twin engine planes of FS2. All jets fly straight ahead, but all props turn either to left or to right. I looked into the internet and have learned, propeller torque and p-factor effect exist too for twin engine planes, if both engines rotate in the same direction. I expected that both engines rotate in the opposite direction, but this isn't true of all planes, the Dash 8 Q400 too. Both engines of the Dash 8 Q400 rotate clockwise (with view to front).

This means the pilot has to stop the turn by applying aileron and rudder to right, manual or to trim. So it isn't a mistake in FS2. I ask myself are these effects really so strong in the real?

May be I have found a mistake. If both engines rotate to right (clockwise) the plane turn to left. The engines of Baron 58 rotate to right (see youtube videos), so the Baron has to turn left on takeoff, but it turn to right!?

The left engine of P-38 rotate to left (counterclockwise) and the right engine to right. Here I expect no propeller torque and p-factor effects, but P-38 turn to right. What the reason?

Already now the first voices say the Dash is to difficult to fly. For me I'm really happy there is an aircraft with deep system simulation and cold&dark function. Thank you IPACS. Thank you for your tireless effort on this great fligth simulator. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The pilots are different and someone want to fly simple, the others want to fly very realistics. May be to satisfy both types, an aircraft could have two modes, arcade und realistic mode. Alternative good tutorials will help the unexperienced pilots to discover the new complex machine. I promise, you will be proud of you when you are able to use all the mystery knobs well . ;):):):):)