Posts by Sparrow

I haven't a favorite solution. All good solutions are welcome.

I have start flying flight simulators with Microsoft FS4. The simulators have developed a lot, but one problem stay until today: the limited view. It is still heavy to change the view fast to handle all the cockpit elements. I tested Track IR, but this was bad for me. Then I have installed and used EZDOC. This is a useable solution.

If VR works better then Track IR than it will become my solution.

I also will test eye-tracking. Maybe speech recognition can help to handle a complex cockpit. This is like you give voice command to the copilot.

The Oculus Rift has a reasonable sized gap around your nose which you can easily see though. I can type on the keyboard, read notes from my kneepad and find buttons on my joystick should I misplace them through this gap. I fly complex aircraft in FS-X (PMDG NGX, 777 & 747) in VR on VATSIM and use a notepad to note down freqs and clearances just as I did before in 2D.

Thank you for all your feedback. I see VR works better as I thought and in the future upcoming solutions will improve it. I'm looking for it.

I didn't know that is a gap inside the VR headset and through it you see the real world. That's great. :) Nice to read that you fly complex aircrafts with VR headset without major problems and I'm was wrong. :D

Hi

Many of you are thrilled by VR, but I wonder how it is possible to find and pressing the joystick button while wearing the VR headset and not to see the real things around you. How do you read SkyDemon or how do you make notes on the paper with the VR headset on the head.

I haven't any VR experience. I think VR is nice if you just fly simple, but it isn't if you fly realistic.

What are your experience?

Thank you.
    Gert