Posts by flyerman

hi Jan. yes - as 2 sets of numbers as on google maps. I have followed the instructions exactly but I have done nothing else that was not in the instructions. Were the instructions complete? The fs2 instructions on wiki seemed a lot longer but I assume the fs4 version with your demo Tacoma bridge was simplified. This is my first time at laying down a model. What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I put the location numbers in the tmvector line in the file, I did not add anything else to it, I just did the conversion. Was I supposed to move it somewhere?. The instructions are a little thin, wish they were explained a bit clearer. i put the numbers in that i found when i clicked on the spot in google maps

I have been trying out the new scenery SDK for fs4. I used the demo bridge model that was included, after doing everything that was required in the instructions including the conversion and making sure the finished product was in the poi folder, the new bridge did not appear on my route. Have tried half dozen times so I don`t know what I am doing wrong. As I love flying along the river Thames, City airport to Heathrow at 1000ft, I thought this new tool would be ideal for replacing some of the painted bridges with 3d ones, but something is not working. To get the coordinates for my placement of the demo bridge I clicked a spot in the middle of the river Thames and copied the numbers - was this correct?

Hope someone can help - thank you

Thank you ApfelFlieger. I don`t know either, I am a beginner in placing objects.

I have been trying out the new scenery SDK for fs4. I used the demo bridge model that was included, after doing everything that was required in the instructions including the conversion and making sure the finished product was in the poi folder, the new bridge did not appear on my route. Have tried half dozen times so I don`t know what I am doing wrong.

Hi

Has anyone any idea how to get 3D boats and 3D bridges to place on the river Thames? and how to place them? The route from City airport to Heathrow Airport is fantastic. As I fly this route at 1000ft its great but all of the boats and some of the bridges are flat (as on Google maps).

Thank you.