Posts by dbw

I'm 64. Had a chance to try out VR at FlightSimCon at the ORBX both. It was great.

My only comment would be a request for better resolution when the technology vs cost ratio becomes affordable.

I'd like to see HiFi or Rex have a weather program add-on for real world weather for aerofly.

I see this platform as evolving into something very good.

Hi. This is an observation and suggestion...

VOR reception range is way too short. Normally I need to get withing 60+/- NM in order to get CDI indication on the HSI. Interestingly I get DME indication at much longer ranges. If I remember correctly vor range formula is the square root of the aircraft height above the height of the vor station ASL times 1.23. No need to model it to that extent but if you could increase range to 100-150 NM that would help realism. I retired last year after 40 years of flying for a living and I find myself really enjoying Aerofly2 especially when I just want to go fly from A to B and enjoy the scenery.

Dave

I first saw this sim at the ORBX booth where I has a chance to fly in their Innsbruck scenery using VR .... Oculus. I was blown away. So when I got home I bought Aerofly 2. I'm mainly into P3dV4 and DCS but I keep coming back to Aerofly2 from time to time especially when I want to fly something a little simpler for awhile. Looking forward to more add-on scenery and aircraft with a little more capability. This sim is pretty good now and will only get better.

Having input for VOR,ILS, and ADF plus having the autopilot track the VOR/ILS is important....at least to me. Being able to do my own navigation outside of the Aerofly flight planner is something I would like. I am one of the hard care guys who has recently come to Aerofly2...the visual aspect of Aerofly2 is very nice.....actually I recently retired after a career in various cockpits for 40 years. I really miss what I was privileged to see out the front window hence I enjoy the Aerofly scenery. Being able to do my own navigation is important if I'm to keep using and purchasing more Aerofly2 add-ons. Thanks for your consideration.

Has anyone had this installed on the Surface pro? With a cpu up to I7, 16 gigs ram and a strong integrated graphics available I wonder how Aerofly2 would run. I've got a 4 year old ipad I thinking about replacing and either the ipad pro 2 or a surface pro are at the top of the shortlist. Now if it could run Aerofly2 that would be interesting.