Posts by scotth6

Hi Jeff,

My PC specs are as follows:

PC: Intel i7-2700k O/C 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Performance, 16GB DDR3 1333-1866 MHz, Asus Strix GEForce GTX980, Windows 7 64 bit, FSX-SE, P3D V3.4, P3D V4.3, AFS2

It is not the newest system, but it runs FSX and P3D with fairly good performance and generally runs Aerofly FS2 very well. If I remove KNEL, or even if I look away from it, I am getting between 30 and 90 FPS around New York with no stutters, or at least very few.

I had just updated my drivers recently, but to make sure I uninstalled an reinstalled them tonight. I am using driver version 398.82.

I ran the verify files function through Steam, and it replaced the KNEL folder I removed with a fresh replacement. The same problem still persists. Bad stuttering and very low FPS when facing towards KNEL and within a certain range. I also can not select KNEL as a starting position.

Cheers,

Hi,

I have done a few searches and couldn't find any reference to this, so it may be limited to my own PC and installation.

When sitting on the runway at Monmouth County in the NY scenery in AFS2 the other day, I noticed when I looked left I had massive stuttering and FPS loss. Checking the FPS I noted it was in single figures. I thought it was a one off, but further testing when flying around showed that when I looked in that general direction (an arc of 90 degrees around 240 degrees from Monmouth) I got the same massive drop in performance consistently. I didn't narrow it down the other day.

I also noticed that I couldn't select KNEL Lakehust Airport as a starting position, despite it being displayed on the map. Tonight I departed from an airport west of KNEL, and as I got closer to KNEL the stuttering started again. The performance loss could be seen when facing an arc of about 90 degrees in the affected direction. As a hunch I flew directly to KNEL, and it turned out to be the source of the performance loss. Removing the "knel_lakehurst" folder from the installation confirmed that it was the problem. I haven't yet narrowed down a particular file as I have just found the problem airport.

Has anyone else seen this, or is it just my installation that has become corrupted somehow?

Cheers,

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is something I have missed in the F-15. When I create a flightplan, there is really no way to follow it in the F-15. I don't seem to be able to tune any nav stations, even using key commands,, and the map on the centre MFD moves, but does not display the flight plan. Is there any way to navigate, or can the F-15 only be flown VFR? It's great fun either way, but I would just like to know if there are options.

Cheers

Hi,

I just saw this scenery today, and tried to download, but I am getting a 404 error when I try to download. The first time I clicked on the download icon, I was taken to a Creative Commons licence, but then when I continued, I got the error. I am seeing this:

Not Found

The requested URL /aerofly_fs_2/repaints/scenery.rar was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at dl1.aerofly.com Port 80

Cheers,

I have not tried in the middle of a flight, but I know if I set a flight up on the monitor, I can then close that, open the VR version and the aircraft and weather, navigation etc will all be exactly the same as when I closed Aerofly. So you could do this, just press escape, takeoff your headset, close down VR version and open up 2D version. Should only take 5-10 seconds.

Cheers,

Thanks Jan,

Yeah I usually use the escape key but that wasn't working. Maybe something bugged out completely because I accidentally returned to the menu while using buttons on the overhead. Actually it happened with the Airbus once last night too (just returning to the menu by pressing somewhere on the aircraft), but that was only once in about four hours of flying the Airbus recently.

I'm not sure I am familiar with the flight info bar so I will check that out too.

The Airbus is looking really good to, but I'm greedy and now I want even more functionality :D . Nice work everyone involved with the updates.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi,

Tonight I encountered a bit of a bug with the Q400. I had just started Aerofly FS2 and selected the Q400 but when clicking on some switches on the overhead the sim kept jumping back to the navigation menu. I think I was clicking on one of the far left battery switches. This happened several times. As there was a bug I pressed escape to try and get back to the main menu, but whatever I tried I could not exit back to the main menu. Eventually I had to use task manager to exit out of AeroflyFS2 and load it again. Since updating the other night I have flown the MB339 and A320 around for about 2 hours each and they are both working really well.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi,

Is there a kneeboard which I can't find in Aerofly FS2, or something similar which can be used for navigation? I assume there is not, as I haven't found one.

The reason I ask, is that I have been flying the 737 in VR and navigating via VOR and waypoints, but I find I need to keep stopping the sim to check bearings and VOR frequencies, as there is no visual guide in the 737. Is there any way I can see my planned nav route including bearings and frequencies without having to go back to the main menu to check?

The addition of a kneeboard, or even an editable EFB, so you could add pdfs or even jpgs of charts, would be a great asset to the sim, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Hi,

Just a suggestion, and surely I'm not the first to suggest this, why not create a new section/sub-forum for screenshots. There seem to be few threads for screenshots scattered about the General Discussion section, so I think it would be a good opportunity to create a new section which will be used more and more. Other sub-forums could also be created as they are required, but I think a screenshot section would already be popular.

Cheers,

It would be cool for them to come up with funny alternatives then. Spheres department store, Madison round garden, Moogle...... 8o

Actually in ORBX sceneries they seem to have no issues using the "Coles" brand name. When it comes to the other huge grocery chain in Australia, they are known as "Woolways", a convergence of their two names here, Safeway and Woolworths. Ooops, can I say that :)

Microsoft and Google do not seem to have any problem with that. Check out the GE or FSX Chicago! Another reason why this sim will not be the only sim on most PC's.

It has nothing to do with this sim specifically. Most developers for all sims will avoid using SOME commercial logos, trademarks, brand names etc to avoid any type of legal issues, which have arisen in the past. There are lots of very highly detailed sceneries in FSX and P3D which avoid using exact brand names on buildings etc. Not all companies care about having their names or logos in a simulator, and some may actually like the fact, but for whatever reason a number of companies do not.

Just recently there has been discussion about why there is no payware version of a Gulfstream aircraft in FSX/P3D, and it is because Gulfstream have issued cease and desist orders to some who have tried to develop their aircraft in the past.

An EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) such as the one in the TFDI Boeing 717 would be perfect. The resolution in Aerofly would allow for a virtual EFB which could be used to read any documents, charts you like.

I really hope this is a feature we will see more of in the future. TBH at the moment I just don't fly airliners much in VR, but I do a lot on a monitor, which I don't mind. I use VR for more casual flying, but flying airliners in VR can be fun. Not sure I would want to do any long haul flights straight through though. I might have goggle face for a week.