Posts by Chiefkoch

I can only agree with the previous speakers. Very well done, I'm really impressed Kai !!!

Yesterday evening I had the opportunity to test the Arrow briefly during three Touch-and-Go's in Texel. In VR the airplane is a blast. The modeling and the textures as well as the sound are very good and especially the flight feeling is excellent for me. The Landing flare for example. It just fits. :):thumbup:

Now I need more real life motion/rumbling at my seat. Unfortunately, my force feel pad is still not supported from realteus.

But for now im looking forward for my next flights with the different arrows, thanks for that!

Best regards,

Thomas

A plugin that plays these based on the set radio frequency and / or geographic location would be cool. :/

Exactly this thought I had recently when I flew through the Netherlands with the Duchess from EHGG to EHTX. Via Live-ATC I had always been able to listen to the respective frequency. The only problem was that I had to take off my VR headset each time to change the frequency (which kills the immersion). Controlling LiveATC directly from the plane would be great. Unfortunately I have no idea if this would work at all.

Hey Kai,

flying the Bücker sounds great. The next time you fly past the Amalienhof, let me know and you are always invited for a coffee stop.

By the way, the screenshots of the Arrow look really great and I'm really looking forward to the release. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Thomas

We have to ask the question; Is this such a high demand and need for this? Just thinking about this a bit makes me ponder if anyone except maybe a couple of individuals even care or have a true need for this.

Hi Jeff,

I also fly exclusively in VR and I would be very happy if I had the possibility to have e.g. PDF's in the cockpit for approach charts, checklists, ICAO maps etc.. This would make it easier to train procedures in addition to the realistic flight feeling.

Regards,

Thomas

Hi Kai,

Thank you very much for this wonderful gift.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to make a first start with your Grunau Baby in VR. It was fantastic. I looked at the tip of the left wing while circling and it felt like I was sitting in the real plane (the only thing missing was the wind in your face :-) ). With this view many memories from the past came to me directly.

Also all the little details of your model, like the covering on the wood, or the hook for the bungee, the little bolts. It's amazing.

A friend of mine owned a Grunau Baby 2B, the D-7156, a few years ago. I had the opportunity to fly this one. On hot summer days it was the perfect plane. We also had a lot of fun with it at different airshows.

Thanks again for all your work for the community and Aerofly.

I am looking forward to your Bücker.

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi there,

it is really cool, that the aircraft development get's a boost in the last days.

I've been experimenting with the subject for a while now. Due to a lack of time I am only now able to move on a little. I have to say that I am an absolute newcomer to texturing and modeling etc. . Maybe someone of you can explain the following question to me. With my converted model, I get some kind of shimmer effects at specific points (seen in the picture). What could be the reason for this?

regards,

Thomas

review posted as well:

"I'm actually not the type who likes to write reviews, today I have to change that once. I love flight simulations for many years (I've been in it for more than 25 years). Starting with programs like Flight Unlimited, ProFlight and e.g. FS95 up to today's flight simulators like X-plane and Prepar3D, I have tested several of them. Since I also fly motor planes and gliders in real life, I was always looking for the perfect simulator, which helps me to train and maintain my skills outside the cockpit at home. I have just done a spin in VR with Aerolfy Fs 2 and I have to say that there is no better simulator at the moment. In combination with an Oculus Rift I really have the feeling to fly. Aerofly Fs 2 is currently the most perfomant and best looking simulator, which also has an excellent simulation model (based on a rigid body simulation). In addition, the software is constantly being developed and improved. If you are looking for a suitable training instrument for your flying, Aerofly FS 2 is the right choice for you.

I can only thank the developers of Ipacs for this incredible program and the many nice and interesting hours with the simulation. Please keep up the good work. I will definitely stay with you."

regards,

Thomas

Hi Dave,

yes the one of the next steps will be to modifiy the TMD-file further , I have already choosen the one from the extra 330. I have also to learn a little bit more about the shader and texturing stuff to get better results. Everything looks to glossy now, especially in the cockpit interior area. I'm going on, there is still a lot to learn.

Best regards,

Thomas