Posts by Jimimac

thanks Jan I thought it was just my graphics card or driver I tried many settings on my card and afs2 but none made any difference didn't think it was anything to do with afs just the card limitation.

Jim

Hi in a earlier post (shimmering) I mentioned that autogen was shimmering and jagged runway lines, today I noticed I had nvidia GeForce experience installed I haven't used this but was wondering if this could be the problem as afs2 used to look a lot nicer so I have uninstalled latest driver and will do a fresh install of graphics driver without GeForce experience,can you just select the driver only.

thanks,Jim

deleated the mcf file but made no difference played about with the graphics settings no difference autogen close up looks great in the distance just seems to flicker, anyThing else I can try.

Thanks,jim

hi I have noticed that my scenery shimmers more in the distance houses look fine looking out the window but when looking into the distance the scenery does seem to flicker this is in 2d mode also look down onto the top of aircraft and lines look jagged tried changing the antialiasing in graphics settings of my card which did improve the look but fps dropped to 60 normally run at 120fps so set my card back to default, inside the cockpits they are sharp even in vr just wondering if any graphic settings n my 1080 card I can adjust to help with the shimmering ,latest nvidia driver installed and running afs at 2560x1440 nice and smooth tried higher res but again fps drop.

Jim

Hope you enjoy your first flight it is a big difference from flying in vr with all the added elements as Ray mentioned I'm sure you will get to fly the aircraft that way you will get a good idea if flying for real is for you my instructor was never too happy I used fsx as he said I picked up a lot of bad habits always looking at the instruments and not enough looking outside of the aircraft, enjoy your flight.

Jim

I too am dissapointed that orbx won't being doing uk and Norwegian scenery as its too expensive both have some of the most beautiful scenery in the world so looks like geoconvert is the way to go, I have looked at geoconvert read over the tutorials but still get confused on using this software maybe some video tutorials would help I prefer learning From videos rather than going through confusing manuals ok the videos may take some of ipacs valuable time but if more people could benefit from them a lot more geoconvert scenery could be done, also it would be great if user created scenery could be made available for download.

Jim

Hi I'm using both sceneries there is no clash at all you have hi res Switzerland then a lower mesh between Switzerland and Innsbruck it all blends in nice lots of detailed airports,flying over this scenery with a ga plane it looks amazing well worth the full price never mind the sale one.

Jim

Hi thought I ask again about getting a map view in vr mode I mostly fly the Cessna and baron in vr and the map in the Cessna is not clear none at all in the baron and it's annoying coming out of vr to view map or make adjustments to your start position or plan flights.

Thanks,Jim

It looks like theproblem is with the shadows on the buildings they are jumping around and if you select minimum shadows they disappear is this the same problem I definitely did not have this before update I had another issue, when I clicked on my afs2 icon to start afs steam opened and I was asked to download afs but I already had it installed but I went with the download and steam checked all the files is this the normal procedure for afs2 updates.

Thanks,jim