Posts by ftp2leta

Mastering the monster ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another interesting one guys

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Robbie is very twitchy in real life and will take practice to master.

IT doesn't look that twitchy here :D

Can someone recommend a good joystick assignment choice? I'm not very familiar with helicopters so I really don't know what axis I should assign to each parameter...

Hi, same as an airplane, but if your joystick as the ""Yaw"" on it (twist function) you can assign this one for the tail rotor (rudder). Left - right and forward - backward is call a cyclic on an heli, when your hovering the forward-backward serve does what it says, but when you reach speed it become a up and down motion like an elevator on an airplane.

I want to congratulate you guy, for a small team like you are it must be difficult sometime.

A big thumb UP for the R22, I can finally have something as a filming platform.

Now I can make a lot more movie :P

To be honest it's what I like to do the best.

Please enjoy gentlemen

Ben

Let me explain myself, since a few day I am enjoying Palm Spring with AF2 like I could never do (at that time) with FSX.

You need to understand one thing, any plane that I choose in AF2 doens't affect anything performance wise.

Yesterday it was rainy and boring so I decided to open P3D V4.3 (fresh install) and set up my Saitek yoke..

Open ORBX KSAN (because with my humble 2600K I could not run it with decent FPS-no stutter), my first reaction was: what is wrong with the color??? Everything look drab and dull... So I played with the setting with not much success.. I said ok it must be California that look like this.

I also could run my Aerosoft CRJ with P3D V4 and my old CPU so finally I could.

Before you think I am bashing other companies I DON'T, not my style, I have been a simmer for so many years and owned so many stuff with all those companies.

Now read how I felt, the CRJ cockpit look like almost like an old FSX stock plane, nothing compare to any AF2 plane... well not that bad but... I paid quite some money for that addon that I have waited for so long to come out.

After I took off FPS where fine in the 30-35 but when I came back to land in KSAN stutter began and FPS dropped a bit. Landing was way better with my new I5 8600K but not that fluid when you are use to AF2.

With AF2 I can spend time exploring and flying compare to loosing time tweaking P3D V4.3. I can't believe that with a new rig I still have to tweak P3D V4.3

I then went to Palm Spring in P3D V4.3 to have a real comparison.... it lasted about 5 minute. It look way more rich with AF2, way more fluid even if it's ok in P3D.

So BRAVO to IPACS a BIG bravo

Ben

Note: Maybe it's my setting, drivers (I have all the latest) or something else that is wrong on my rig that P3D is looking that bad but what do I have to do to make it look good? Read 5 X 500 pages books???

Very nice to see see all the procedure... full trust for a wile, gear, flap.

Enjoy

Hi, my longest run with a CPU as to be with my beloved 2600K OC @ 4.3ghz (early 2011). That rig never gave me ANY trouble, and on top it's going in a new case at my job for a second life.

It was running AF2 fine with a GTX 1060 6g. But it was time to move on. AMD or Intel? I was a hard choice but since this rig is dedicated to FS.. it was the 8600K finally.

I have chosen a good B360 board instead of the Z370.. after reading so many review and benchmark. And that with 16gig ram for P3D V4.3

The first test was this morning... after so much time installing everything back.

Palm Spring it is (WOW and I bought this one for FSX some time ago when it came out).

Conclusion for now, set at ultra and at 120FPS, no change at first compare to the 2600K, BUT, when I hit F9 to record with FRAP (normally loosing almost half of my FPS).... Nothing happen, it staid at 120 FPS with no lag what so ever...

:love::love::love::love:

So my next test will be in the Netherland and on P3D V4.3 at ORBX gold coast (I was struggling there)

Voila les amis, a small report

Ben

Ok team, time to release the R22 now ;)

Thanks Jarrad, time for my second film on KSPS

For the gang here, that was my original video i made 4 years ago

Ben