Posts by ftp2leta

I am flabbergasted... ORBX did show us how good they are.

A big bravo to ORBX. My god this is as close as it get to the real thing

Please enjoy guys, 11 hours of flying and searching for 3.5 minutes

Cheers, Ben

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have been a flight simmer since I can remember, bought every copy of MFS, when they came out at that time, my rig would never cope with the latest version...

It even took a few years to have the right rig for FSX... For a wile all was pretty good, bought a ton of scenery addon plane and heli. I was not always satisfy with those. Installing, tweaking... loading... then a few years ago came the infamous OOM... That it was not fun anymore. I had no more FUN.

Bought P3D V4, I never owned a P3D version before V4, upgraded my rig with a SSD, GTX 1060 6G... I never had any real pleasure with P3D, I was struggling to much, I had it with tweaking.. and loading. I still load it once in a wile because I love helicopter and owned them all, I especially miss the Cera Sim one....

I also miss some plane like the Quality Wing one (own them all)

I bought stuff that was unplayable.. Like New York City....

So you came.. first time in my life in a Sim that I could fly over NYC... I was stunned.. WHAT, FPS at 120?????????????????? oer NYC, nahhhhhhhhhh.

Voila, I'm hooked.

Note, in 2011 I bought the biggest rig and CPU available at that time, a 2600K.. I was lucky that this CPU as to be one of the best one Intel never built...

I will upgrade this one late fall but it as serve me good, OC at 4.2-4.4 since many years

Cheers, Ben

Note 2: I have been an RC pilot all my life... I don't own your RC version but if you need help as a BETA tester.. I also fly drones and own 5 helicopter

Here is me flying in FPV (most of the time), FPV is like VR in a way, I wear google and so it's like I'm in the plane

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Remember that the big bird are transporting people... and are heavy on fuel... Put them empty and you can do a lot of things with them... Even smaller circuit :P

OrbX need to generate their income like any of us, so if they can build a region with passable airports, then make and sell more detailed versions, I can't see a problem. For £26 you are getting a whole country in an amazing level of detail, I'd be happy to shell out for a few more airports down the line. However, if the region cost £100, but included 20 payware quality airports, I think I would have given it a miss.

I think OrbX are clever by releasing material at pocket money prices so you can build up your collection.

Well said... but I guess that sadly for a lot of Steam Gamer 50$ AUD is way to much money already.

JV (ORBX CEO) made us understand lately on the ORBX forum that for now, they basically work for free for X-plane and FS2.. their core platform being P3D and if everyone would do what I did it, not buying anything for P3D, it would put them out of business.

I am one that stop buying anything lately for P3D because my rig can cope with it.

That said I will buy anything that come out from anyone that make something decent for AF2. Because a love that sim.

Also, I do think that lately ORBX is pushing to much the airport detail...

FS2 is the only sim that is not a slide show, even FSX was sometime one.

Cheers, Ben

I think that a lot of you who are complaining are over doing it.

It's their first region release for Orbx and I think they did an amazing job, I ratter have a beautiful region with many upgraded airport (because they are know for super detailed airport) then one airport. 40+ airports + an amazing region for 50$, wow!

I think that some of you guys should go back to FSX juste to appreciate the TE Nederland and FS2.

Ben

I have about 400 hours on a 150-152-172 and some on a 182. that include hours on a PA140-160.

Engine at Idle still pull the airplane, more then you think... how do I know, I had a real engine failure with a 172 many years ago... and trust me the glide slope is not the same BUT, it still glide nicely and it did get me to the ground safely.

It's even hard sometime to get the 172 in a spin when not fully loaded. Very safe airplane and typical high wing stability.

I don't compare any sim with the real stuff, but I use it like we do on a level flight and it's called "sigh seeing", do I go flying in high wind or even cloudy day, NO. Do I prefer a high wing for sight seeing, of course. Do I like the big GPS screen on the right of AF2 version, not sure :P

Cheers, Ben