Posts by Taranakian

About three weeks ago I had what I describe as a 'freeze' or lock. What I was last flying would come up next time

I flew, even after making a totally new flight plan.

I had a good response from one member and the Dr. They were right but it was a quick fix as the Dr said. Today

it happened again this time I did what the Dr. had initially advised and done an integrity check.

The drhotwing1 was on the ball. Thanks Jeff, fixed it as you commented, very happy chappy here.8o

Regards,

Jim.

I don't believe it Thomas. This morning I found a main MCF file. Came back this afternoon and I'm darned if I can find it now. Perhaps an early night instead of going to be late to watch the rugby will help. thanks you very much for your assistance.

ATTN:JAN

Some how I have become frozen. I set up a flight, crashed and now no matter what I do it returns to this crash all the time when I start AFS2. I have tried setting another flight, I have tried going to flight school anything just to unfreeze it from where it is stuck, at the crash site.

I hope you understand Jan. As I say it's frozen in one spot and won't allow me to move on to something else. How do you unfreeze it apart from what Tom says above.

Regards,

Jim.

I agree with you Raspou. Nothing better than looking for and landing at a small airfield/strip. It really feels good, an achievement even, amongst the hills and mountains.

BOXCAR. I think and apologise if I'm wrong, that you are new to Aerofly FS2.

If so, there's a possibility you may not have heard of a release not too long ago called Innsbruck LOWI. (don't trust my spelling of the airport name). If you don't have it, trust me when I say, it's brilliant, with heaps of bigger airports mixed with heaps of airfields. In this Sim it really is a keeper.

GL, happy flying.

Jim.

Jim.

Hello All.

A little help please.

I configured a flight, crashed, then exited out, without finishing the flight. Next day, I configured another flight, but it returned to the original. The first minute or so of the replay the throttle won't work then suddenly it fires up. It is the only instrument that behaves like this. A strong mist, right to the ground is also added where as originally it was clear. I tried continuing the flight following the assist boxes, landing, hoping it would then clear itself but as soon as it touches the runway the aircraft, no matter which one, zooms up to about 3000ft, so we start all over again. It does not return to where the actual crash happened. I tried unplugging the computer, no change, tried reconfiguring another flight, no change.

Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have suggestions how I can get out of it as I cannot move on at this stage.

Hello All.

Even though I have this Sim since it's inception and bought all the sceneries for it, not however the VR which will come sooner rather than later, I hope, I have not been able to sit down and have a real good look at it, because of medical reasons. I will be late to ask these questions but know you will understand.

Do you use the windowed or the screen resolution mode eg 1920 x 1080?

Some of the commands are ever so slightly different from FSX. Do most of you generally set the joystick commands as per FSX and make those small changes that AFS2 mention?

Thanks for any replies.

Taranakian/Jim.

I am very surprised there are not more comments about this excellent work from Jarrad Marshall. Eagle County Regional is absolutely superb, if you don't have it then believe me you should.

It covers a huge area with a number of well detailed airports. Eagle itself is a masterpiece. Explore the area, flying along, into and out of fantastic gullies. There is just so much flying to do.

Jarrad has managed to capture the rolling nature of the terrain near the highly detailed Airport beautifully.

Another must have from this highly talented moddler.

Taranakian/Jim

Well the lines have been drawn if I am correct. For the first time an airport (Eagle Regional) is selling for the same price on two Sims from Orbx. So if you want FSX you pay $US30 odd, if you want the Aerofly version you pay exactly the same amount. If I am correct, in the past , Orbx charged 'x' amount for one with a very good discount for the other.

It now appears, Orbx have made the decision either pick one or the other or pay for both at the same given price. I know I cannot afford nearly $US 70 to buy both.

My decision is Aerofly. Good bye FSX, although I will be flying in FSX with all the lovely scenery I bought. I hope to get more, but if I have to choose between the two, it's Aerofly all the way for me.

That's how I see the situation anyway.

Taranakian.

Hello All.

I have just watched a truly beautiful video of a sailplane in Aerofly FS2 shown in 4K.

Everything in the scenery was sharp and as close to real as I have seen.

What is 4K? I am thinking maybe it is a VDU which has far more pixels to make the

scenery look so sharp.

Would someone like to explain for me please.

Regards,

Jim.

Hello All.

I have always wondered since the inception of this magic Sim AFS2 , are all 3rd party scenery compatible with Orbx. I only buy Orbx, why, because to me it's the best and of course no compatibility issues. So how can you tell if a 3rd party scenery is compatible. For instance I would like Luckla Airport, as far as I know Orbx hasn't made it but I know of being made by other companies.

Do you have to place it in any sort of order, eg FSX, or is it a case of buying and you good to go. I hope you get what I'm driving at as soon, in fact very soon, this will be my number one sim and the only one I'll spend money on.

Taranakian.

Hi Hiflyer.

What a dumbo. Just went back and read your post again, what a mistaka to maka. I obviously skimmed through it and got the wrong end of the stick.

There is a reason, why, but cannot comment on that in the forum. It's related to my horrific injury received when as a sole charge policeman in the back blocks of NZ, and the injury I sustained in a one v's five motor bike individuals armed to the teeth. I am now severely disabled.

My deepest apologies.

Regards,

Taranakian