Posts by Taranakian

Jan, you know what, I missed that entirely, I'm holding an eternal inquiry as to why.:rolleyes:. However, Jan thank you very much for advising me of this as I like to keep it real as possible.

Thank you to for your assistance in closing it down properly. I can't wait to try it all out.

Thank you again.

Jim.

Good heaven Jet Pack, Tha'st as good, nope, that's the best set out, with letters that you can easily distinguish, surrounded with bright yellow area's so you can't get confused, that I have seen. I am an authority on following directions like you have given because I'm bloody dumb without them.

Well done, there's just so many pilots out there who are going to be so thankful to you. Congratulations again. What a wonderful surprise.

Jim.

With the release of so many Flt Simulator products on the market now, it makes it very hard for pensioners and other Flt Sim lovers to decide which to Flt Sim to run with.

I have made up my mind and I've put my faith in FTX but in particular with Aerofly FS2. Along with VR (which I don't have yet but will) the improvement in VR technology will go ahead at a fast rate with improvements being made all the time now.

To get to the point, I would like to thank drhotwing. He has kept this site ticking over like a well oiled machine. If you look through the posts he is answering a wide field of questions, as well as adding comments to Blogs and so it goes on.

Because of drhotwing , and a few others, who are also helping to make forum interesting and up to date, that I decided to run with this Sim.

Regards to all

Taranakian (Jim)

I must say that I'm a AFS2 fan, even at this early stage. How could you not be with a start like Innsbruck(LOWI). We have lovely planes

and now the Dash Q400 to add to it.

It going to be a patience version, that's very obvious, but that's good. It give time for the pennies to grow as FTX is also coming up with

some very buyable gems.

Patience guys, Regards,

Jim.

I have always disliked adding new scenery (3rd party) to FTX. As it goes to the bottom

of the scenery list then there's something else you have to (which I forget at this moment)

It always seems a hassle anyway.

With 3rd party scenery for this version AFS2, do we still have to go through the same rigmarole

or can we just pick a place to fly and that's it.

Taranakian

There is a well known racing car game/sim that records exactly this, car, length of race, name of track and weather. It is kept as a ladder with the top 100 (from memory) being recorded. At first, the cheats and goons found a way of doctoring their time but it wasn't long before the dev's found a way of sorting those type out. It really adds another side and is excellent fun.

The dev's did in fact, add another ladder where you could record your times against a friend.

Yes. a great idea for the future I would think.

Taranakian.

That would be lovely all the same. Actually you have helped all ready with your comments about leaving the keyboard as it is. So that's what I'll do

as I wasn't sure what needed to be mapped in there. I hope to get VR one day, it must be fantastic from the reports I've read. GL.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Jim.

J Van E. I could'nt have asked for a better person to help me. thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it.

Yes, I prefer the Extreme 3D Pro myself and have gone through a few over the years. Mind you using it on an angle all the time cannot be

good for it.

Would you be able to send me via E-mail if it will be easier for you, how you have yours mapped. Could you give me your

keyboard mapping as well, not the lot but in particular the important keys, I can add to them as I go over time. There is so much to map out eg cooling system etc that I don't really know much about. I'd like to but being stuck in bed or in a wheelchair I don't get much chance to get out and learn (hands on) about engines.

If this is to much then don't bother as I would understand. If I could just get the button mapping would be a trendous help.

Since writing the original message I remembered youtube. Looking in there it showed how to map so that's good. It's just the order of priority on the stick and keys that I cannot get right.

Thank you again JVE, I can't explain how pleased I am that you replied.

Regards,

Jim. zl2bmh@xtra.co.nz