Posts by NFelix

Thanks for the update, guys.

Now i can fly the R22 even without my joystick (i know it's not the way to do it, but haven't got my joystick fixed yet)

I took the R22 for a spin over Lisbon with keyboard and mouse (and a lot of 'rudder' trim), and it was great!

But crashed it on landing...:saint::D;(

Merci.

Je n'ais pas pensé a faire ça avant, mas il est aussi une trés bonne idée

Et pardon pous mon Français, mais il y a beucoup de années qui je 'n'ecrit pas en Français

Hi

Yes, it's the Saitek X52. I have it since 2006 or 2007, i'm not sure. Until recent times, it has served me well.

But now it has some problem in the rudder axis. It's unstable, and makes everything unflyable. I've seen some videos on Youtube with tips on how to repair that problem, so, as soon as i can find the time, i will try to fix it

Whatever the tools you use, that's pretty much the process flow I'd recommend.

Getting the source images is one thing, but the real job in ground texture scenery making is reworking your source images in order to get the desired result after geoconverting.

Cheers

Antoine

I will try all the methods, and see wich one i find the easiest. It's always nice to have more than one option :)

Anyway, thanks guys for being so helpful

Hi

Thank you, i will try that.

But in the actions in Aeroscenery, i will run first 'Download image tiles', 'Stitch image tiles' and 'Generate AID/TMC files, then edit the stitched image, and only then run the 'Run Geoconvert' action?

Once again, thank you for the help, and thank you even more for AeroScenery

Hi

I've been trying AeroScenery, and i have to say it works very well, and is way more practical the old method using FSET.

But i'm having a problem with the textures that i can't solve, even trying different settings in AeroScenery. The water part of the tiles always comes white, with that 'no image' symbol repeated. I tryed Google and Bing satellite images, but it's the same. Changed the settings in the Geoconvert tab, the Write Images with Mask, to see if it would change anything, but no luck.

Here are some examples:

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Nuno

Hello.

I posted this question on other open thread, but as i got no reply, here it goes again

I have a small problem with the R22 (wich is GREAT, by the way)

My Saitek X52 is broken. While i don't fix it (or replace it), i want try the R22, using the keyboard and mouse. The problem is, i tried several key combinations in the settings, but the only thing i could use is the Collective. The Cyclic and TailRotor don't do anything, no matter the keys i select. For example, for aircraft, i have WASDQE for the elevator, aileron and rudder, and F1 and F2 for the throttle, and it works. For the helicopter i tried the same combinations, and others, but the only thing i can control with the keyboard is the collective, and mixture.

Also, the touch/mouse control on the bottom right corner of the screen doesn't seem to work with the R22.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello.

I have a small problem with the R22 (wich is GREAT, by the way)

My Saitek X52 is broken. While i don't fix it (or replace it), i want try the R22, using the keyboard and mouse. The problem is, i tried several key combinations in the settings, but the only think i could use is the Collective. The Cyclic and TailRotor don't do anything, no matter the keys i select. For example, for aircraft, i have WASDQE for the elevator, aileron and rudder, and F1 and F2 for the throttle, and it works. For the helicopter i tried the same combinations, and others, but the only think i can control with the keyboard is the collective, and mixture. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ok, it's working

Thank for the patience.

I did all the steps again, and now it's ok. I just couldn't understand what the problem was...

And you are still seeing this error? Even after completely uninstalling the SDK, installing the new SDK, deleting the DR400 folder, and re-running the process using the new SDK?

Yes, that's what i did, this last time, and it's the same...

Not a big problem, when i'm flying it appears correctly, it's just on the menu...