Posts by GameAddict

Here is the link.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/15…to-aerofly-fs2/

What is TrueEarth?

TrueEarth is a game-changing product for Orbx - for the first time we are combining the full suite of features from our FTX regions with a completely photoreal terrain base - a feature previously limited to our airports. Netherlands TrueEarth is far more than a traditional photoreal product, it features comprehensive (and complete) building and vegetation placements, thousands of hand-placed landmarks and POI, and hand-edited textures.

Features:

• The entirety of Netherlands depicted in complete detail!
    • 85,000km2 of photoreal terrain at 1m resolution
    • Full 3D night lighting
    • 43 airports
    • CityScene building technology for all major cities, towns, villages and urban areas. CityScene tech improves on traditional cultivation by adding unusual footprints, higher detail (roof details etc) and better long-range visibility
    • Incredibly dense vegetation cultivation. Far superior to automated OSM technology, our cultivation is compiled from multiple data sets, and hand-edited to ensure maximum fidelity, accuracy and density.
    • Beautifully edited terrain textures - colourised, edited, cleaned up. Blemishes such as cloud cover, water sun glare, seamlines, discolouration and some vehicle footprints have been removed
    • Ultra HD mesh at 5m resolution. Netherlands may be flat, but incredible details such as tailings dumps, sand dunes and even highway overpass ramps are visible
    • Accurate road, waterways, transmission line and other vector/GIS components.
    • Beautiful custom building textures for all autogen buildings
    • Hundreds of custom landmarks and POI
    • Traditional Dutch windmills
    • Major churches and cathedrals custom modelled
    • Custom models for all major TV and radio masts
    • Many major bridges custom designed
    • Custom ship models unique to Netherlands
    • Thousands of hand-placed animated wind turbines, refineries, harbours and other library objects
    • Hand-edited and colourised water textures, including complete watermasking

Netherlands TrueEarth will launch for AUD$54.95 (approx. USD $42 / £30 / €34 ) - 40% OFF if you’ve already purchased it for P3D!

Sounds great!

Hi Ipacs,

Now that we see many cities and buildings getting lighted up... Are the landing lights feature something that will have in a near future or rather something that we will have to wait longer?

FMOD is the sound engine Laminar integrated in the sim in X-Plane 11. I must admit it works really well.

The engine is quite well known within the industry and it has been used in many games.

Hi Ed,

yes, it is not ideal yet but it also doesn't make sense to try and fix this issue by trying to create a work around, when we could just do it correctly when the time comes to do this. There may still be other features that need to be completed first (e.g. pressurization?) so I would not consider this opening door feature finished, don't worry we will make it more user friendly. If you don't want to use it right now just forget that I added this in :D

I agree. This whole system should work automatically while we are in the flight preparation phase/boarding, which I guess it will be implemented in future versions.

The day we see automatic ATC controlling multiplayer.... what a great day it will be! :S

When someone asks for multiplayer in flight simulation quite often the answer is that you have Vatsim, IVAO... etc. But those are quite professional online services, quite intimidating for casual flyers.

Until then we'll have to wait for ATC v1.0 to be released. :)

The next version (0.5, coming soon) has a "Choose For Me" button next to the levels. This implements my understanding of IPACS recommendations based on several factors.

If in doubt for now, run 9, 11, 12, 13 & 14 for zoom levels up to and including 17, plus 15 for zoom levels 18+.

As Trespassers mentioned, running say level 11 or 12 first and checking you're happy with the output can be a good idea, then spend the time doing the rest.

That sounds great! The easier the tool, the more the people will use it.

I'd love to see something like this in Aerofly. Probably a long way to go, but that's something I feel all sims are missing. (well, not FSX or P3D anymore)
    Many users are here because they want to fly following the real procedures, with all posible systems simulated, etc. But I think there is a potentially big chunk of users (me included) that are here because of the experience of feeling like a pilot, but not because we want to become one in the real life. This kind of features bring us closer to that feeling. :saint:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.