Posts by sydel7912

Tried various downloads and installs and although it shows OK in the aircraft preview it defaults in flight and or RW to the Cessna 172.

Un-installed the Cessna to see what effect if any this would have and FS 2 crashes.

Please don't uninstall official content of AFS2. The aircraft defaults to the C172 because it cannot load the P2008.

Those having problems, are you on a beta version of AFS2? I have the latest non beta (2.04.07.43 20191009) and never had any of the problems you describe.

Can you check the tm.log file) located in: documents\Aerofly FS2) and see the ERROR messages that appear ?

Hello everyone,

A little feedback of last week's work. I have focused on the TMD, especially the fuel system. I now have a nice almost perfect fuel system with :

- fuel consumption from left or right tank depending on the selected tank (quite basic you will say);

- the engine will fail if the usable fuel is burned in the selected tank (about 3% unusable);

-the tanks can be refueled. I have setup a minimum security rules for that :

1) the fuel selector must be set to off position

2) the battery switch must be set to off

So this means you better check your tanks before take-off if you don't want problems during your flight. No panic though, with full tanks you have about 4 hours range.

The tanks can be refueled separately. To refuel one tank, you simply click on the needle of tank you want to refuel.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) : I have a problem with the refilling function which I have copied and fine tuned from the Just FLight Cessna 152. Once a tank is refilled it seems that it is overfilled. I can fly one hour without seeing the needle moving a yota. I have not checked this on the C152, maybe it's the same.

So the state of the plane so far:

- modelling 100% finished. At least I decided so. You can always add a screw here, a bolt there, but the time has come to say stop;

- texturing is 99% finished for the cockpit including specular, ambient, reflections and normal mapping. Still some work on the exterior textures...

- last but not least, add a few liveries. If you guys, have some special repaints in mind, please let me know. if possible add some detailed pictures.

What about a release date? Well, it's almost Christmas, you might have a little surprise below the Xmas tree.

I can feel your pain, as a single developer for one aircraft one have to be good in all branches. That's simply impossible sometimes one have to make compromises.

For the TMD's it's a do, undo, redo for hours. I usually reload the aircraft after each block I write just in case I have forgotten a comma, but there are always unexpected errors like yours.

Courage...

I'm on vacation this week so I made good progress. Still far from finished though.

Here is a little video of the beast in action.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Sylvain,

Using the mouse to interact with ATC might be possible as a future enhancement. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Karl

Thank you, that would be great !

someone probably can figure that out, but, there are a couple of buttons on the controllers that might be easier to press than trying to find the mouse and then looking for a spot to click. I take it you are thinking VR?

Hello Ray,

All the buttons on my yoke are already assigned. I'm flying a 2D screen. I like to click on switches in the cockpit, also tuning the radios and VOR's manually, so my mouse is never out of sight.

Well! After two days I must say I'm very happy with this addon. It really brings AFS2 alive. No more long quiet flights, you hear voices all along the way and following the controllers instructions brings a lot of realism to the sim. Thank you Karl for your efforts.

Two things I would like to see implemented (I hope someone at IPACS reads this):

- Give the possibility to adjust automatically wind strengh and direction according to the downloaded weather;

- Offer the possibility to export AFS2 flight plans directly to a Radar Contact compatible format.

Anyway, congratulations to all involved in the development and testing of this product.