Posts by sydel7912

Hello,

Progress is very slow these last weeks but here are some shots of the cockpit.

All gauges and switches are functioning. Radios ans a big moving map will be placed in the center of the panel.

There is still a lot of job to do with textures but the result looks fine so far.

Modelling of the cockpit and panel is on the way but I have nothing to show yet. It's much more complicated than the C152; curves everywhere are consuming a lot of work hours. I'll try to get some shots up when I have a reasonable shape.

Castoring nose wheel means differential brakes for taxying. I think I remember the Socatta Rallye was OK with rudder and a blast of throttle.

Yes, I have already implemented brakes steering. You need a few attempts to get used to it but it works fine. There will be both options brakes steering or normal steering because I think it's too tricky for those who don't have rudder pedals.

Hello Matt,

You can try a copy/paste of tmd sections of a similar default aircraft. That's what I did with the C152. I used sections from the C172 and the DR400.

Most of the code needs no change, only the geometrylist object names need to be adjusted and of course recalculate the axes and positions for articulated objects. That worked for me but the C152 is much simpler than a spitfire.

The point is to add objects one by one and test each change you made in the tmd systematically by reloading the aircraft. The tm.log file will tell you much about the errors.

Thank you Antoine,

I am aware of the wrong flight dynamics and I have been spending the week-end trying to improve things.

Now she climbs below 1000 fpm and keeps a more reasonable climb speed of 90~95 knots with flaps retracted (versus 2000 fpm @ 110kts). Max speed is now around 125kts (vs 140). Descent is still problematic, even worse. I have reduced the wing area (aerowing table) so now she floats less. I have to trim almost full nose up to keep a reasonable descent speed.

There is still a lot of work and I'm far from being good in math and physics.