Posts by windquest

Jeff mentioned ATC in the early parts of this thread....forgive me if I have missed something, but from what I have read, Aerofly is billed as a VFR simulation. As such, there is very little ATC. The Turbo prop is wonderful and I look forward to more GA airplanes. Given the nature of what I read, this is a more casual approach to flying and that is refreshing, but I see the temptation to move into more complex areas that are already covered in the market.

Henry

There was a comment from John V at ORBX that properly set out the status of what is going on. The concern is/was that AeroFlyFS2 is a game, and you notice most of the posts say they are "playing". JV said out right that P3Dv4 was a true simulator worthy of serious flight simulation. He also said that AeroFlyFS2 was a great casual simulation. Just the fact that the software is on Steam almost prevented me from even looking at it. Had it not been the involvement of ORBX I would have never even visited the web site. The impression I get from John, is this is a sim for casual flying....As an instrument rated pilot, I can relate......getting an instrument rating halted the "fun" part of real flying.....According to John, jump in and fly...I like that. But in order for this to succeed as a "second" sim, flying on kcars will be a must, all my PFC controls must work and I want representative GA airplanes. It doesn't make sense to have Jets in a VFR sim, and if the accent is on the scenery, then viewing it from 30,000 feet at 400+ mph doesn't quite float the boat. I have to agree, a VFR, GA simulator could be fun, but we are going to need some positive direction. My interest is flying is in the Bush...Alaska to be specific, and back when you actually flew the airplane....so that means the 50's 60's and 70's......Beavers. Otters, DC-3, twin otters. Additional scenery like the offerings from RTMM...all VFR, all well done and in my opinion something to work for. I realize that AeroFly is just really getting started, I can only hope the future is positive.

Henry