This is great news.
Why should we be excited about flying high-res Colorado?
It's made for pilots...
Most Dangerous Airports in Continental US:
- #1 Aspen/Pitkin County Colorado
- #9 Telluride Colorado
- Eagle/Vail Colorado (honorable mention)
Highest Airport in continental US:
- Lake County Colorado (Leadville) at 9,934 MSL
Busiest Commercial Airports in USA:
- Denver International (DIA) is ranked 5th for passenger volume (higher than JFK, SFO, LaGuardia, and Miami)
Largest Airport in the USA (2nd largest in the world)
- Denver International (DIA) covers 85 square miles of land. This is twice the size of Manhattan!
- DIA has a runway thats 16,001 ft which makes it longest in the USA and 7th longest in the world
Busiest General Aviation Airport in USA:
- #3 Centennial Airport (KAPA) Colorado
US Air Force Academy
Royal Gorge Bridge (Currently the highest bridge in the United States and was among the ten highest bridges in the world until 2012)
50+ mountain peaks 14,000' or higher