Posts by Polaris

I think when using the Bullhorn effect it gives the voices a bit more realistic sounding ATC effect. A proper use of commas, hyphens and dots actually create somewhat realistic sentences. Give them a bit of tune with a simple audio modifying program and there you go. Pretty fun page, yeah.

Acapela Group is another good TTS service. I have toyed with their voices many times in the past when being creative with something. They used to have free and unlimited sample creation, but I guess many people figured out that they can use the voices for free by just recording them, because now they have added annoying background sound effect when your text is spoken.

I also use real local ATC transmissions as a background gibberish depending on where I'm flying. Sure it's a cheap alternative, but still fun to use while we wait for the devs to implement the real one. :)

I haven't had the chance to fire up the sim yet, but that is some nice information. I'd love to see Alaska and Mount Denali one day in great detail just like the rest of the territories we have so far! Flying over the Yukon and explore the crystal clear water and untouced wilderness of northern Canada. Those areas have always inspired me. :)