Posts by rschmidt1960

I've been out of the loop for a bit, so please forgive me if this has been addressed in a thread I couldn't find. I upgraded my machine with a new SSD, uninstalled and reinstalled Aerofly on to the new drive. I have a number of repaints I've created, but none of them will show in the program. The previews look good, but when you select them, the default model loads.

I've checked both the config files for Aerofly and the converter, and both appear to be correct. I have compiled a few models through the aircraft converter just to make sure nothing changed there. Finally, I've load the newest version of each program to make sure I didn't have a problem there. Just for reference, my aircraft files are on the C: drive, with the steam files on the G: drive.

Can anybody think of what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Ray

I have to admit, I was feeling pretty good, having mastered the helicopter in just a few hours or less. Then I noticed the "profi" button, and the reality is that I won't be seeing my family any time soon.

Seriously, what a great addition to a wonderful simulator. The attention to detail is obvious, and the immersion of taking off from skyscrapers in LA, or the mountain top at Schilthorn in Switzerland is just fantastic.

Thanks so much for all the hard work.

Ray

The Vulcan / Oculus rift blank screen might be linked to the NVIDIA drivers that are installed as part of the Windows Update procedure. We recommend to download a dedicated NVIDIA driver from http://www.nvidia.com and install it. This should fix the issue.

That worked. If you're having the same problem, please note that I needed to follow the above advice exactly. If you are using the Nvidea experience to keep up to date with your drivers, it didn't work for me. I needed to download the exact drive for my GTX 1060 6gb card. That did the trick, and I'm now exploring the features of the new upgrade. Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks for the update! I'm running on a gtx1060 6gb and an oculus rift. When I turn on Vulcan, I get a fine picture on the display, but the rift is black. Switching back to OpenGL fixes it, but I was just wondering if there were other settings I should make.

Thanks -

Ray

Jeff - I think the situation is fixed for me. I was having trouble, and I don't know if you guys released a fix, or if resetting the pedals in the control panel worked, but My gear is now working.

FYI - My controllers are Thrustmaster Cougar stick and throttle, with Thrustmaster Tflight rudder pedals. The addition of toe brakes over my last rudder pedal setup really adds to the sim for me.

Thanks,

Ray

First, I have to say how impressed I am with your continued commitment to release cool new features. I've had a chance to play with it a bit, but I thought I would let you know one issue lost in the upgrade: although I have my rudder pedal brakes assigned and they work in the settings menu, I'm missing the toe brakes once I'm in the simulation.

I'm looking forward to using this upgrade - although I will likely be the guy who uses my controls to fly, and the controllers for handling the radios in more complex cockpits.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Ray

I know this is still up there, but the predecessor to the Warthog controller was the HOTAS Cougar, and it is still a great choice. Loaded with buttons, but it really takes on a life of its own with the controller software. If you want to take it to an extreme, you can use the different functions to have live multiple layouts that give you an incredible amount of options. My FS2 just has a few preprogrammed functions with most of the rest being button and axis assignments with the game. This year I upgraded my pedals from CH Pro to the new Thrustmaster, and it's been a great add-on. Much better resolution, silky smooth operation, and toe brakes to boot.

In more testing, I should be exact in the description. when at rest, the nose gear on these airliners are fully deflected to the right. Full left pedal produces an effect just left of center. This only appears on the aircraft I've described. The lear, and all of the smaller aircraft perform normally. I've tried to disable the yaw damper, but that doesn't seem to have an effect. I have an older set of rudder pedals that I think I will try next to see if I can localize the problem to the hardware - but that wouldn't really explain why I only see the effect in certain models. I actually like troubleshooting, so I'll keep you posted if I can find more commonalities.

I'm having a strange issue. At full stop, several models (747, A320, 737 and Q400) all skew the rudder to the right when the pedals are centered. At speed, it appears to return to normal, but taxiing is all but impossible. All other aircraft, including the lear, are just fine. I'll keep working the issue and see if I can find any other clues. This is a recent problem.

My rig is an I-5 7500 (3.4 ghz), 16 gb ram, Geforce 1060 (6gb ram), Thrustmaster Cougar Stick and Throttle, Thrustmaster rudder pedals.

Thanks for any insight - Ray Schmidt

You may already know this, but I couldn't find it in a different thread. I've found two small glitches on the f-18 model.

First, when I bring up the default livery, I don't have a HUD displayed. The HUD loads when I change liveries, and when I return to the original livery, the HUD then appears and remains there throughout that session. Restarting the program resets the issue.

I'm having some trouble with the NWS/NWS HI features. When the model first starts, you get NWS HI which is great when you taxi around the airport. Once you achieve a certain speed or take off, NWS becomes the default (great for landing, lousy at tight ground turns), and nothing short of changing the livery will reset it.

I hope this helps.

By the way, I'm totally addicted. I can't go back to 2-D, and as much as I like other simulators, you folks have found the perfect combination of fluid movement, eye-catching graphics, and flight physics that make me want to use the program way too often! If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Thanks,

Ray Schmidt