Posts by andiflyit

I only fly streaming OFF a part of USA / Europe (the edges of Europe are low quality, even no trees, no buildings)

So if I understand it than it's possible to fly using the streaming service, scenery in a lower quality.

But as soon as I've downloaded all the stuff to my drives I don't need the streaming service. Right?

What does it mean the "edges of Europe"? The coastline of France is that an edge?

Until from, if Global is ON

So thank you all, but what does that mean? Is there an option to let FS4 download on the fly to optimize the scenery?

At Steam it's described that there is a 100 GB download for the sim and 80 GB each for hd scenery in US and EU.

If I do so will I have the entire sim on my pc or must I download more stuff on the fly?

Hi all,

I'm just flying the F15 in Afs2 and all works fine except that I cannot dial in and set any navigation, the buttons of the hsi do nothing.

This works better in the F18 but there is a tutorial. In the F15 I can only change the hdg using a short key.

Primarily I need a nav2 frequency and a pointer to do vor navigation. If possible a nav1 for ils as well and adjustment of the course.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

what I want to ask is normally done by updates but I want to place the question nevertheless:

In Juli 2017 I installed Aerofly FS2 using Steam and this included the following DLC packs:

- Northeastern US, High Resolution Pack for Southwestern US, US Utah, a bit later US Colorado, Switzerland.

And later again US South Florida.

If I would now uninstall all these DLC and do a new download and installation will this be any difference?

So what I want to know is if these scenery packages were improved without creating any updates for the old version?

Cheers

Andreas

The aircraft are sorted by name, so this is currently not possible.

I will take a look at the heading bug, does this happen only with airliners or does it work in the cessna?

It happens with the cessna and all aircraft featuring a hsi. I think this function is simply missing in the sim,

it's not the aircraft. In fs9 and fsx this can be adjusted in the controls setup if you want it or not.

It's called "repeat". In xplane it always works.

Thank you very much, but I don't want to delete anything because I will forget to restore it before the next update.

So this is not an option for me.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

now I have the Orbx Netherlands as well and it runs fantastic, this simulator really performs very well.

But I have 2 little requests:

- Because I only use 4 of the aircraft at this moment I would very much like to reassemble the aircraft

in the selection screen, just to have These 4 one beside the other. How can I do this?

- My hdg bug is assigned to a button on the joystick. But the bug does not move faster

when I hold the button down longer. I have to press it once for each increment, this is a bit annoying.

Any idea?

Happy flying

Andreas

So you are both right, I was a bit stupid and forgot the old files as you said. ;(

The scenery is perfect now from Miami to Key West, absolutely great.

By the way, if IPACS would do the same style of cultivation as it is at Miami for California

and than offer it as " California Dense Cultivation DLC" or so, I would of course buy it.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

meanwhile I have the last big update installed via regular steam update, not as a beta.

It all works well including the new Vulkan renderer, the sim really runs like hell.

But I don't have any changes of the Cessna sounds. It sounds exactly like before and I don't get rid of this annoying sound "drei" outside.

That now amuses me since 1 year. :) Sorry, but the Cessna for me is the most important aircraft. I mostly fly Cessna in my sims.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

now I also installed the Florida South DLC which is really great.

The scenery from Miami area down to Tavernaero is fantastic.

But south of it I have some issues:

- At Marathon area and also near Key West I have a lot of flickering roof textures of the small houses there.

- Some texture problems with the runway at Marathon at the south end.

- When I fly south from Marathon a big green plane appears and overlaps the watertextures and than disappears again.

- At Key West International Airport I have a lot of static aircraft sunk into the ground.

Because I have no issues at the large Miami area I don't think this is caused by the Installation or setup.

Cheers

Andreas

So now I left the beta, thanks to Steam this is easy, they are great. And the scenery at Rheine works now, the buildings at town have roofs and colors.

The airfield has a nice grass texture now which was a light green plane only before.

See this screenshot here and if you have the beta installed go there and compare it. To me it seems that this scenery is completely ruined by the beta.

And I also saw around the airfield what this pilot here reported:

The cultivation shows palms where other vegetation has been defined.

Also, something changed in the cultivation, that all gabled roofs have dissapeared, only the flat-roofed buildings remain.

Yes, I've installed the nice Rheine scenery, free download designed by Rodeo, thank you very much.

At Rheine there are a lot of houses which are all simple blocks, some are completely white

and some have a black top but no roofs or windows or textures of any kind. Not very nice.  

Hi all update programmers, :S

now I also have the new update installed and had a look at some features but not really in all detail.

- to switch off the jokes if necessary is very helpful of course.

- for me it's very helpful to turn of the lensflare because the ground was often too bright before, great.

- the Vulkan renderer does not work with my graphics, but I don't need it anyway, because performance is really not the problem.

so please: even if there is a lot of positive response to the new renderer, do not kick out the "Open GL" setting.

- as others said here, the Cessna sounds are as strange as before, I can always hear "drei" from somewhere, why is that?

my recommendation regarding sounds: any kind of "aeromusica" is an old hat, don't do that, it's not realistic.

My special thanks go to the team for working on these updates, in this way it is getting better and better.

And I will now go on and discover all the rest. :)

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

does anybody know about a tutorial of the 747 navaids? The 747- 400 tutorial from the wiki only covers the autopilot,

but I don't know how to adjust the NAV1 and NAV2 frequencies. I am a GA-flyer mostly.

Cheers

Andreas