Posts by andiflyit

Hi again,

now I've understood how to use the navigation and let it fly flightplans automatically and do an ILS approach at the end, works great.

I have a lot of fun with some of the aircraft, specially the Q400.

But what about the problem with the trees? Will there be an update for this? I've set it to the lowest, but still have a lot of missplaced trees everywhere...

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

now I do a little more using the navigation in the sim and I first tried the B58 for this.

It all works fine including ILS approach but the RMI does not.

The ADF potion of the instrument works but the green VOR 2 needle always points to the West.

In FSX and P3d with the stock Baron it always indicates the direction to the VOR 2 which is activated in the radios.

The VOR 2 Instrument in Aerofly Baron 58, which also has the OBS knob, works fine.

Happy flying

Andreas

Hi Jan,

yes, this is good to hear because I like the model very much but I am not really satisfied with the operation of the avionics.

I was a bit uncertain if this is me or the model. Than I can wait until you have time to finish it, no problem.

It's the stock Cessna. I am afraid I didn't try your mod so far :S but I will do this now and check it for the sound.

As well Merry Christmas and nice holidays,

Andreas

Hi again,

in his video tutorial "cultivation" Rodeo describes the use of the tool "ScenProc" to create cultivation in an area

around an airport or so.

I've now downloaded this tool and read through the manual. It supports creation of Aerofly xxx.toc files now

and in principle allows to place buildings, plants and lights autogenerated in large areas.

The quality of the results depends on the input data which can be openstreetmap xxx.osm or so.

And it's configuration for ScenProc of course. This is what the author says.

I think the initial setup how to use it for Aerofly for large areas will be a bit difficult.

Unfortunately I will not have the time available during next months to work with this,

but this seems to be the method to create more cultivation for the whole stock area and dlc.

Did the Aerofly team use this tool to create the trees cultivation we have now?

Happy flying,

Andreas

Unfortunately that is how we have it set up for now.

Now I have done some testing in FSX and Aerofly, I have both LOWI and KMRY in the 2 sims.

Aerofly certainly runs smoother but FSX looks great because of various vegetation and Orbx HD trees.

So the scenery in Aerofly can compete as soon as I set the trees to "Ultra".

But I cannot run most of the stock scenery with this setting.

Perhaps it's necessary to separate this or assign a fixed average value to the stock scenery and leave the

setting in the graphics menu to the addon scenery. I say this because in my opinion the high quality

payware scenery will be as important here as for the other sims. There is no way out.

Is there any way to shut of the spelling automatic here? It's crazy.... :):S

Hi all,

this here is for Jan I think.

1. Will you please do a very detailed tutorial for the King Air, according to the design of the panel and monitors and AP.

It's a nice model and I think it's worth it. I can fly it but I am not so shure about all details built in.

2. Will you please delete this outside sound "drei" from the Cessna? It doesn't make any sense and is absolute annoying. ||

You can hear it every 20 seconds or so when in the outside view and average rpm.

Cheers,

Andreas

Monterey, and innsbruck show that the trees can be controlled, but it remains to be seen if that can be done on a truly wide scale.

The trees are placed by the scenery designer, yes. And it's a problem that if I reduce the amount of trees

in the graphic settings I can manage the missplaced trees in the stock scenery a bit, but I also get less trees in those sceneries.

Cheers,

Andreas

This is a nice idea.

What I like:

1. The performance. I am a longtime FSX user and in FSX this is sometimes hard to achieve. Here it works by itself.

2. The planes are really great, all of them. These virtuell cockpits which are absolutely free of any flicker and so.

3. Loading times and handling very good as well and the stability.

And my special like goes to the team for the new free Colorado scenery. This is great.

What I would like to have:

1. In FSX of course I can also download pr scenery using FSET and run it, but without autogen. This would take ages.

As this scenery is the native scenery of Aerofly, I want to have it with all the cultivation including buildings, trees and so everywhere.

And therefore, as a first step, I want the trees in their places. They don't cause problems with the performance, so as

soon as they are in place, I can run it on high or very high, looks very good.

2. Some improvements of the water textures somewhere in the stock scenery and in the North East DLC.

Ok, there is no animated water, but sometimes these reflections and other stuff in the images are a bit uggly.

3. For the planes: Another modern small GA aircraft (what about a Piper?) and simulated mixture for the engines.

Happy flying

Andreas

Hi all,

there are still a lot of missplaced trees in the California and also in the Colorado scenery.

Some streets and big highways and also buildings are filled with trees. Any news on this topic?

It's always nice to fly in the sim but that bothers me a bit.

Cheers

Andreas

As far as I have seen on the flyinside website they don't say it's based on ESP.

There will be some modules to use the fsx/p3d aircraft (if this really works).

At this moment I have no need to import my fsx aircraft to Aerofly, because the stock aircraft is really great.

Yes I agree with you on Orbx, let's hope no news is good news, they are the ones that can bring a Sim to life, I can only fly so much of USA and Europe, some of it is beautiful but I still long to be able to fly my own part of the world which apart from a couple of dedicated local developers is sadly lacking scenery in these latest sims, I downloaded FSW the other day just to check it out, went to Wellington airport here in the capital of New Zealand and yeah just as I thought, sad man, I wouldn't even bother putting that kind of scenery into a Sim, it's rediculous, saying they have global scenery? Yeah right 😎

fsw has a global scenery because it covers the whole world, but the scenery is very basic without many details or realism.

So far in fsw they very strongly focus on missions, achievements, tasks to do, flightschool and so.

The scenery seems to be not the most important.

And for Aerofly I agree with Jan. It will be better to improve the existing areas before adding new ones.

I have complete photoscenery in fsx for the whole us westcoast, with watermasks but without autogen.

Getting my first information about Aerofly I thought "this is great, they have California with all the buildings and vegetation".

But now I've seen that this is not really finished, it's only done for some places.

And I agree that at this moment only Orbx could do it. Innsbruck is the perfection of photoscenery, all sceneries

by Jarrad Marshall and others are based on areal images and are exactly projected. But it's too much work for very large areas.

If we all get the tools to place a lot more objects in the stock scenery, as it is announced, this will be a big step forward.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

meanwhile I've created my Aerofly user scenery folder somewhere on my harddrives other than c:\users\documents.

But as we go on downloading or creating scenery, it may be useful to seperate the scenery files.

My Aerofly\scenery\images folder currently is 115 gig and if I start using FSET for some larger areas it will be the same very soon.

I think it may work like this: The user defines his own folder as it is now. But the sim than doesn't look for

a scenery folder in it, but looks for all subfolders containing a scenery folder.

In this case the tree would be like this:

x:\userfolder\colorado1\scenery

colorado2\scenery

puerto rico\scenery and so on.

It would be possible to activate and deactivate scenery by simply copying it's folder into the userfolder or cutting it out.

And, most important: We have the images and stuff for each scenery seperated.

Happy flying

Andreas

For the future, after all the work of the reinstall is done, it would be best to make an image of all relevant ssd/hd

using a recovery tool such as Paragon. It's free for home users.

You can update or renew this image after a certain period and if you run into problems,

simply restore the image and the pc is exactly as it was at the date of the image.

Cheers

Andreas