Posts by Schnuffelduffel

Please take a look to the Roto VR-SDK! The movement and feeling from the chair in a native 360°-mode with haptics is unbelievable! :love:

https://www.rotovr.com/developers

http://www.rotovr.com

If none of you own the chair - I offer myself as a volunteer beta tester!  :)

And here in german:

Kann sich mal einer das SDK angucken? Ich selber habe den Stuhl - und das Ding ist der absolute Hammer! Im Helikopter sitzen und damit Manöver fliegen - das wäre mal was! :love:

Der Stuhl selber bietet zahlreiche Funktionen und verschiedene Betriebsmodi. Zum einen hat man den Headtracker-Modus für Spiele wie "Lone Echo" oder 360°-Experience /-Filme etc., wo sich der Stuhl mit der Kopfbewegung dreht. Schaue ich nur leicht nach rechts, dreht er sich auch nur sanft in die Richtung - schaut man etwas stärker nach rechts oder links, kann das Ding auch richtig Gummi geben! 8)

Das ist schonmal absolut genial für eine Vielzahl von Spielen, vor allem in Egoshootern und im Sommer, wo man im stehen sonst leicht ins schwitzen kommen würde.

Aber das wichtigste ist natürlich der native Fahrzeug-, Flugzeug-, Raumschiff-Modus. Also der Modus, wo sich der Stuhl von selber 1:1 wie das Fahrzeug bewegt und am besten noch nativ angesteuerte haptische Feedbacks dazu hat.

Leider gibt es bisher nur ein einziges offizielles Spiel, welches in dieser Form den Roto nativ unterstützt - nämlich das hier:

(2) Vox Machinae Launch Trailer - YouTube

(2) Vox Machinae - Trailer (2018) - YouTube

Dieses Spiel zeigt in absolut großartiger Weise, welch unglaubliches Potential in dem Stuhl steckt. Der Stuhl "dreht" sich ja auch nicht nur einfach - von sanften Drehungen, bei welchen man sich schwerelos fühlt bis hin zu harten und abrupten Movements bei krachender Action hat der alles drauf! 8) Es ist wirklich absolut unglaublich!

RotoVR haben noch ein eigenes kleines natives Autorennspiel ( Roto Kart ), das auch sehr lustig ist. Wenn man da mit seiner Karre ins schleudern kommt und dreht sich mehrfach dabei, macht das der Stuhl 1:1 mit einem auch! :D Also, anschnallen bitte! 8)^^

Alle anderen Fahr- und Flugspiele, welche den Roto bisher noch nicht unterstützen, kann man aber auch spielen. Da muss man dann aber erst per RotoVR-Suite mit den Einstellungen experimentieren, damit man sich nicht "aus dem Stuhl dreht" und synchron zum Spiel bleibt. Das ist etwas fummelig - man erzielt aber doch z.B. in "Elite Dangerous" mit dem "Cockpit-Mode" recht passable Ergebnisse.

Aber am schönsten ist natürlich der native Modus, wo man ohne die RotoVR-Suite das Spiel einfach startet und der Roto 1:1 konfiguriert ist - am besten noch mit haptischen Feedbacks. Dafür hat er zwei Rumble-Packs: Einen unterm Sitz und einen im Rücken.

Also IPACS: Be the first Flight-Sim with a native Roto-Mode! ^^

Will the coverage via Pt2 in Austria-Tirol area be compatible with the Innsbruck-LOWI Add from Orbx who also include a relative large area around

the airport itself?

Yes and no. I was unable to mask ORBX's Orthos. That's why I deliver (larger than ORBX) 4 tiles around Insbruck in a restored resolution of 1m / pixel and nobody has to cry. ;) All everyone has to do is just completely erase the ORBX images. There is no other way. And maybe it looks even better. ;)

Great stuff! Looking forward to it. I considered buying the Austria mesh from Sim-Market due to xmas prices, but I recon that's not necessary? Elevation is included in your great work?

And would I still benefit from buying Innsbruck airport?

Hi and sorry for my late answere: I use only the IPACS-Elevationmesh. This mesh is looking very good. I dont know other meshes for Austria. And yes: The ORBX-Insbruck scenery is a "must have". Only the Satellite-images will come complete new from me for this area in 1m/pixel.

Thx and very well done but... there is still a gap in the mentioned Alps region Austria-Italy-Swiss . The west part of LOWI toward the Bodensee is still low-res after the Zugspitse (Imst-Fernpass-Reutte) and toward Italy following the Brenner autobahn and over the stubaital/gletscher to Trentino is also low-res. I hope this will also get fixed and I'm wondering why nobody fixed already the Gap to the East and/or South East after LOWI and following the Inntal.

My compliments to Schnuffelduffel for all the effort and keep up the good work...

Look closer to this overview! :) What you looking for, will come with part 2 with complete Austria. The four tiles around Insbruck will come in 1m/pixel. :) ( includes Zugspitze )

Hello, after installing the new alps-scenerie from Schnuffelduffel I've a problem with the mesh near the Lago Maggiore. Suddenly there's a big difference in the height. I would be very thankfull, if someone can send me the mesh (19m, by abbiati50?). So I can try to repair my files. I can't find it in flight-sim.org.

Thank you!

Auf die Schnelle: Ich glaube, ich hatte das "Abbiati50-Höhen-Mesh" mit im Italienpack 01?

If i finished this thread, i will start the upload - but i have something before to say:

What I am delivering here cannot be taken for granted. You get here the maybe most wanted professional Addon to IPACS Switzerland. It was really, really hard work and I lost some of my eyesight in the process. ||

With this dreamlike Addon you can fly seamless to Italy, France, Austria and Germany. The finaly Alps-Project includes complete Austria, a liitle Part of Germany, the rest of North-Italy and the complete Alps in France.

But, should i give this all for free?... :/

YES!

Hope you like it and will give a big or bigger donation for my work :!:

Ich mach das hier nicht zum Spaß, Freunde der Nacht :!:   ;) Wenn ich das nicht gemacht hätte, hätte das überhaupt keiner gemacht! Das waren jetzt mehrere Monate Arbeit in Vollzeit von früh bis spät bei ca. 70 h / Woche! ||

Hope, you like it! :)

Continuation:

If i found some errors ( Clouds ) in the Original IPACS-Scenery, i cleaned it too:

Screenshots before/after:

after:

before:

after:

My Addon works with the original IPACS-Switzerland Installation and you have nothing to do or delete or something in this case.

Hope, you like it. :)

Ladys and Gentleman, i'm proud to present: The ALPS! :)

I have closed the ugly hole between IPACS Switzerland, Bella Italia, Austria, France and Germany in professional, seamless quality.

Here a little samples from my work, but first for the newbies one from my favourite pics from Google ( this is, what you get, if you downloaded Sattelitpics) :

Ok, the shocking moment is over - here some samples from my work. ;)

First, the Overview about Part 1 from "The Alps":

Here now the Samples:

Before ( IPACS original ) and after with my extension :

Switzerland North, Altenrhein ( before ) :

After:

Here are some screenshots showing the border, how I merge my and IPACS landscape:

Before:

after:

the Border:

Another Border-Sample:

First in german, then in english: :)

Ich wollte eigentlich noch etwas warten - ich habe es aber jetzt selber nicht mehr ausgehalten vor Spannung: ^^

Ja - das Wunder ist wahr geworden.

Ich habe es getan.

Die unfertige Landschaft ( Grenze ) zwischen der Schweiz, "Bella Italia", Österreich ( inklusive Insbruck ) und auch schon etwas Deutschland ist hiermit Geschichte. :)

Ich habe Österreich gemacht und in mühevoller Kleinstarbeit nahtlos und fehlerfrei die Szenerien untereinander verschmolzen. Ihr könnt jetzt also unbeschwert von München nach Wien, von Wien nach Zürich und von da nach Italien oder kreuz und quer durch die kompletten Alpen fliegen.

Ich verbringe die Feiertage im Moment zusammen mit meiner Familie.

Mehr folgt in Kürze. :)

And here my friend, the Google-Translator:

I actually wanted to wait a little longer - but now I couldn't take it anymore because of the tension. ^^

Yes - the miracle has come true.

I did it.

The unfinished landscape (border) between Switzerland, "Bella Italia", Austria (including Innsbruck) and some of Germany is history. :)

I made Austria and in painstaking small-scale work seamlessly and flawlessly merged the scenarios with one another. You can now fly carefree from Munich to Vienna, from Vienna to Zurich and from there to Italy or all over the Alps.

I'm spending the holidays with my family right now.

More will follow shortly. :)

Hope, you will like it. :)